IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Need help! Nav chip won't update according to dealer

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-17, 03:52 PM
Lwing1
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need help! Nav chip won't update according to dealer

Hey everyone so I am here to ask whether or not my Lexus dealer is telling me the truth or not. I bought my 2014 IS250 just over a month ago from a ford dealer(ik wth right?) Well they were the only ones with the exact car I wanted. So the car never came with a nav chip (micro sd card) to begin with. So the dealer bought one and sent it to me, well it ended up being the wrong one and I had sent it back. I went to my local lexus dealer to see what was wrong and why it didn't work and they said it was just the wrong generation card. So they put a new one in without asking me and got it working and then asked me to pay, but I wanted to make sure the ford dealer would reimburse me so I told them I didn't want it yet. So they took it out. Today I received the correct sd card from the ford dealership and it said to contact dealer. So I assumed it had to be programmed. So I took it down to the Lexus dealer and they said there is something wrong with the internals of the car and they need it for over a day to figure out what's wrong with it. Apparently its not taking updates and the SD card test is failing. Now my Lexus dealer (Lexus of Lansing) is knowing for saying stuff that isn't true. So I don't know whether they are trying to screw me or if there serious. And if they are serious why did it work just last week????? The car has 32k miles and is still under full warrenty. I'm just worried there gonna charge me some ungodly price for labor and say something is broke then charge me to fix that and not have it covered by warrenty. Any help from you guys would be fantastic. Thanks!
Old 09-25-17, 05:59 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Sounds a little odd that the card the dealer tried worked, and the one Ford got you didn't.
The most current card for your vehicle should be 86271-78013...the number is on the back of the card.
Only if the Ford dealer got is from another IS. I've heard that once the card is paired to a vehicle, it won't work in another one.
Although I've tried it Toyota cards and they did work...so grain of salt on that one.