IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Jerking when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-17, 06:19 PM
dshu
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jerking when accelerating

Earlier this week I started feeling the car jerking ever so slightly when accelerating hard. It seems to only do it when really winding out the rpm's. No lights on I'm honestly not sure if it's actually happening or I'm just imagining things. Sometimes it seems like it jerks and other time it doesn't, but it just feels weird. I've driven the car for over a year so it's noticeable to me because I know what it should feel like. I did my 10,000 mile service last week not sure if they did anything during that service that may have caused something to go loose? Not sure. Is this a common issue?
Old 10-07-17, 10:14 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dshu
Earlier this week I started feeling the car jerking ever so slightly when accelerating hard. It seems to only do it when really winding out the rpm's. No lights on I'm honestly not sure if it's actually happening or I'm just imagining things. Sometimes it seems like it jerks and other time it doesn't, but it just feels weird. I've driven the car for over a year so it's noticeable to me because I know what it should feel like. I did my 10,000 mile service last week not sure if they did anything during that service that may have caused something to go loose? Not sure. Is this a common issue?
if your car is new and under warranty, report it back to dealer if you can duplicate the problem to them. Or if you have a dash cam that can record the jerking happening. But as a side note, this type of jerking you are describing (from my past experience with other cars), usually is caused some tweaking required in your tune. But your car is stock so that doesn't make sense. Plus this kind if jerking is more of a bad tune on turbo cars (unless yours is a 200t)

Last edited by otakusan; 10-07-17 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-07-17, 10:21 AM
dshu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by otakusan
if your car is new and under warranty, report it back to dealer if you can duplicate the problem to them. Or if you have a dash cam that can record the jerking happening. But as a side note, this type of jerking you are describing (from my past experience with other cars), usually is caused some tweaking required in your tune. But your car is stock so that doesn't make sens. Plus this king if jerking is more of a bad tune on turbo cars (unless yours is a 200t)
It is the 200t I'll call the dealer this week and set up an appointment. I was coming off a highway ramp today and as I was accelerating to get onto the highway I felt it again. Definitely wasn't like that before the service. I just wanted to know if anybody here experienced the same thing.
Old 10-07-17, 10:23 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

It is the 200t I'll call the dealer this week and set up an appointment. I was coming off a highway ramp today and as I was accelerating to get onto the highway I felt it again. Definitely wasn't like that before the service.
Actually a leak (loose clamp) somewhere in the intake plumbing can do that too... but ya, for a new car, let the dealer find it rather than attempting on your own. keep us posted on your findings
Old 10-10-17, 08:38 AM
DAkid
Driver School Candidate

This sounds like the issue I was having with my 200T. They replaced the "boost regulator" and the car is now running fine at all RPM's
Old 10-10-17, 08:45 AM
dshu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DAkid
This sounds like the issue I was having with my 200T. They replaced the "boost regulator" and the car is now running fine at all RPM's
Interesting because I went in yesterday and they said they'll have to change the vacuum regulator valve. My service advisor told me that Lexus informed them that they have an updated vacuum regulator valve for the 200t. I asked if there was a recall for it, but he said that at the moment they do not. I'm going in today to have them replace that part and will update on whether the jerking is gone or not.
Old 10-10-17, 08:47 AM
DAkid
Driver School Candidate

That should fix your issue. When i took it in a few months ago they told me that they had no solution for it yet. I asked to speak to the tech and he knew exactly what i was talking about.
Old 10-11-17, 01:15 PM
dshu
Driver School Candidate

UPDATE: The issue has been fixed. Lexus has replaced my vacuum regulator valve with an updated one and the jerking is no more!
Old 10-22-21, 09:04 AM
Trent1221
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE: The issue has been fixed. Lexus has replaced my vacuum regulator valve with an updated one and the jerking is no more!
what was the resolve?
Old 10-25-21, 05:26 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,809 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by Trent1221
what was the resolve?
Probably this:

Lexus has replaced my vacuum regulator valve with an updated one and the jerking is no more!