Dealership unable to fix issue. TAS # issued

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-17, 12:53 PM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealership unable to fix issue. TAS # issued

Hi all

I recently dropped my car off at my local dealer to address a noise I have been hearing from my driver door speaker. I assumed it was a blown speaker which I thought was odd since I never blast music or abuse the system.

A few days later I get a call from the dealer and they told me the following. The issue seems to be in most 15 is models that they have. It's coming from inside the door panel. The speaker itself is not blown. However since the door panel has so many parts inside i have to "deal with it". They contacted Lexus corporate (or some outside department) and they were made aware of the issue. There is not fix right now but may come available in the future. I was provided with a TAS number which according to the SA is sort of like a case number.

Was wondering if anyone in a 15 IS has a smilies rattle in the door when music is playing at a moderate level. I don't have The ML system and base is not at an extremely high level.

I guess at this point I just wait. I'm in a lease so I'm sure by the time there is a fix and or explanation i will be in a different vehicle.

Thought I would share
Old 12-08-17, 01:06 PM
marsmango
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

I also have a similar issue coming from my drivers side door, sounds like metallic rattling but I'm not sure if it's coming from the speakers. Planning to take it to the dealership soon

Why didn't the dealer install some kind of foam insulation?
Old 12-08-17, 04:02 PM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Originally Posted by marsmango
I also have a similar issue coming from my drivers side door, sounds like metallic rattling but I'm not sure if it's coming from the speakers. Planning to take it to the dealership soon

Why didn't the dealer install some kind of foam insulation?
I guess you could say I have the similar sound. Dealer told me there's no fix as I mentioned. I didn't want to argue with them I didn't get the car from them. Let me know what happens at your dealer. I would like this fixed I have a nice commute to work and would enjoy some peace lol
Old 12-08-17, 04:18 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Does your speaker rattle? There is a common issue where the buttons that move the mirror and the parts surrounding it rattle a little but people have opened up that trim and just put some silicon or felt tape to prevent the rattling. Mine don't rattle at all though and I have a '15.
Old 12-08-17, 09:58 PM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EZZ
Does your speaker rattle? There is a common issue where the buttons that move the mirror and the parts surrounding it rattle a little but people have opened up that trim and just put some silicon or felt tape to prevent the rattling. Mine don't rattle at all though and I have a '15.
I'll be honest I'm not sure what it is. It sounds like the speaker to me. Dealer seemed unhelpful. On the east coast and it's Freezing, no garage here. Feel like I'm at a dead end.
Old 12-09-17, 09:27 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by isosunrise
I'll be honest I'm not sure what it is. It sounds like the speaker to me. Dealer seemed unhelpful. On the east coast and it's Freezing, no garage here. Feel like I'm at a dead end.
sounds like you have a bad dealer. I’d take it to another one to see if they are more helpful
Old 12-10-17, 11:05 PM
Raghza
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a 2014 model, but also took my car to the dealer, because it seemed to me that the driver side speaker was rattling. They listened to it, also wrote up some track numbers that I told them, during which the noise was the loudest and they ended up insulating the button console in the door. Although my car is under extended warranty, it wasn't free since the warranty does not cover wear and tear, but I paid for just 1.5h of work, which wasn't much, especially because they addressed my concerns thoroughly.
But if you want to avoid paying a few bucks to the dealer, you can buy some felt tape and wrap it around the button console yourself.
Old 12-11-17, 05:10 AM
twixx007
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I had this same issue as well with my 2014 on the driver's side. The service department had to hear it in order to accept it into service. It only rattled when certain songs hit a certain frequency. I was finally able to reproduce the issue with a service tech so they looked into it. Found out it was a switch on the door panel that was ratteling. They had to insulate it and that resolved the issue. All work and parts was performed under warranty.
Old 12-28-17, 04:29 PM
marsmango
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Okay so I finally went to the dealer. Apparently the rattling was coming from the rear drivers door. Door clip was replaced and a door trim piece was loose, which was causing the buzzing sound. Dealership was good about it and covered under warranty