IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Question about wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-17, 02:03 AM
kithemm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about wiring

Hello guy a month ago I bought an cat back ARK grip exhaust... love the sound it sound awesome when you drive fast...
But it really annoying when you got your gf or your family members with you and you have to drive slowly at 1.5k to 2k rpm all the time.
I have tried over load inside and outside with sound deadening and that didn't hear any different

So I bought an exhaust vlve from eBay.
My question is which wire can I connect the positive wire to?
I know where to connect the ground wire but have no idea where to connect the (positive wire or load wire or hot wire)
?
sorry i don't know what's that wire call i'm not an electric guy.

Here is some pictures of the my truck wires.
I have LoJack install to my front right by the door by the dealer maybe I can try to locate that wire to the back too?

Last edited by kithemm; 12-20-17 at 02:09 AM.
Old 12-20-17, 07:40 AM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by kithemm
Hello guy a month ago I bought an cat back ARK grip exhaust... love the sound it sound awesome when you drive fast...
But it really annoying when you got your gf or your family members with you and you have to drive slowly at 1.5k to 2k rpm all the time.
I have tried over load inside and outside with sound deadening and that didn't hear any different

So I bought an exhaust vlve from eBay.
My question is which wire can I connect the positive wire to?
I know where to connect the ground wire but have no idea where to connect the (positive wire or load wire or hot wire)
?
sorry i don't know what's that wire call i'm not an electric guy.

Here is some pictures of the my truck wires.
I have LoJack install to my front right by the door by the dealer maybe I can try to locate that wire to the back too?
Is there a remote that actuates it? or do you have to wire in your own switch...
do you know the load of the actuators? if its low, which i imagine it is, you can just tap it into the cigarette lighter wire.
you could also get a fuse tap and make your own circuit.
Old 12-20-17, 10:57 AM
kithemm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ClubLUser
Is there a remote that actuates it? or do you have to wire in your own switch...
do you know the load of the actuators? if its low, which i imagine it is, you can just tap it into the cigarette lighter wire.
you could also get a fuse tap and make your own circuit.
Thank you very much for replying.
there is a remote that actuates it you can just tap it into the cigarette lighter wire.
I don't want to run the wire to the front of the car dash.

Do you know which wire can I tap into in the truck since the vlve will be install close to it?

Can't do the break light or reverse light either or it will only work when I hit break or put the car when reverse.
Old 12-20-17, 11:01 AM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by kithemm
Thank you very much for replying.
there is a remote that actuates it you can just tap it into the cigarette lighter wire.
I don't want to run the wire to the front of the car dash.

Do you know which wire can I tap into in the truck since the vlve will be install close to it?

Can't do the break light or reverse light either or it will only work when I hit break or put the car when reverse.
You can tap it from the amplifier, its on the right side of the trunk under a panel, tap into the small brown wire in the corner of the SMALL harness. Confirm with multimeter that it only turns on when car is on.