Old 12-21-17, 11:43 AM
winstonchu
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by specONE
Hmmmm currently there is a used RC mirror (87810-0wm10) on ebay

for only $200.... http://ebay.to/2Drf9TM

not a bad price at all for this mod.
looks like the part came from a flood damaged RC in texas. For the price worth a shot?
Old 12-21-17, 12:04 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 503 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by winstonchu
looks like the part came from a flood damaged RC in texas. For the price worth a shot?
Found another one but a little bit more, still not bad for the price
$289 currently http://ebay.to/2kWwDyX
Old 12-21-17, 12:10 PM
winstonchu
Driver

Originally Posted by specONE
Found another one but a little bit more, still not bad for the price
$289 currently http://ebay.to/2kWwDyX
Saw that one too. Offered 125 on the flood damaged one and the seller accepted... hoping for the best
Old 12-21-17, 12:25 PM
specONE
Racer

Saw that one too. Offered 125 on the flood damaged one and the seller accepted... hoping for the best
damn nice!
keep us posted how it works out for you. for $100 range that is a not bad upgrade price range.
Old 12-24-17, 05:41 PM
Edwin8484
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

​​​​​​​I’ve done this on my car. Should be plug and play as long as you have homelink etc. which I think most US cars do. I really like mine. I get a better rear view plus the frameless and digital display inside the mirror is a plus. I recommend it. Here are some pictures.​​​​​​​

Before..
Noticed that I also changed my overhead? Touch activated LED map lights are so much better than stock. Got it from RC models.

Same plug
Digital mirror display all frameless
Looks so much better with my radar detector.
Much better rear view

Honelink plus auto-dim buttons

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Old 12-24-17, 07:31 PM
winstonchu
Driver

Looks good @Edwin8484!

Any more details/information about that touch activated LED map lights?!
Old 12-24-17, 08:22 PM
Edwin8484
Pole Position

Looks good @Edwin8484!

Any more details/information about that touch activated LED map lights?!
Sure, Lexus RC comes with these. I drove a loaner when servicing my car and noticed it. Bought mine used from eBay. It was plug and play. Juts had to replaced the plastic mounting taps with the ones on my car. Everything else worked out well. Look at the pictures for reference as to what it looks like. Moonroof, mic, SOS, etc worked just fine. Feels so much better to lightly tap/touch.
Old 12-24-17, 08:23 PM
Edwin8484
Pole Position

Old 12-24-17, 08:34 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

nice work! the RCF rear mirror looks very sleek like expensive euro cars now. I'm glad Lexus went that way
Old 12-26-17, 08:13 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,197 Likes on 1,647 Posts

Yeah mirrors are usually plug and play across all brands and models. There's usually one or two major suppliers to all car companies. As you can see in OP's post, all you need is a 12V power source. He used a hobby battery. So any car (Civic, Kia, Ford, Ferrari, Maserati) is basically a big power source. Can plug it into your bathroom if you wanted so long as you have the correct DC 12V.

Cool mod... when I got my Prius in 2015, it came with the hodge podge mirror as OP shows. The dealer wanted $400 for the home link. Well I did a bit of digging and found the Subaru Forester came with the exact OEM homelink mirror as my 2015 Prius offered for $400. Except I got it "used" for $27. Same exact fancy auto dimmer home link. Wired her up and could never tell. I sold it for $100 after I got rid of the prius.
Old 12-26-17, 05:43 PM
winstonchu
Driver

The mirror came in! Was able to install in less than 5 minutes. Literally took the screw out, popped off the cover, took out the plug, and reversed the steps with the new mirror. Didn't take pictures because it looks the same as the ones posted already. Would highly recommend this mod, makes the interior much more sleek. The only function the new mirror loses is the compass which isn't that big of a deal to me.

I ordered the RCF front dome light and will be installing that as well. Found a used one on ebay for 35 bucks. @edwin8484 any tips on installing? I tried feeling around the panels and wasn't sure if it just pops out
Old 12-26-17, 09:57 PM
specONE
Racer

The mirror came in! Was able to install in less than 5 minutes. Literally took the screw out, popped off the cover, took out the plug, and reversed the steps with the new mirror. Didn't take pictures because it looks the same as the ones posted already. Would highly recommend this mod, makes the interior much more sleek. The only function the new mirror loses is the compass which isn't that big of a deal to me.

I ordered the RCF front dome light and will be installing that as well. Found a used one on ebay for 35 bucks. @edwin8484 any tips on installing? I tried feeling around the panels and wasn't sure if it just pops out
Nice! Making me want to do the mod too now. If you randomly run into another cheap mirror, lmk!
Old 12-26-17, 10:05 PM
Edwin8484
Pole Position

Yes pops right, pull from the center closer to the sunroof, then slide toward the back seats. Replace the plastic taps from the RCF with the original from the car. Everything else is plug and play.
Old 12-28-17, 01:02 PM
winstonchu
Driver

@edwin8484

Hey I got the front light assembly in. I tried to pop it out but no luck... I was pulling really hard and heard stuff crack... how hard did you have to pull down to get it to pop out? I'm afraid I'll break something hahah
Old 12-28-17, 01:26 PM
specONE
Racer

@edwin8484

Hey I got the front light assembly in. I tried to pop it out but no luck... I was pulling really hard and heard stuff crack... how hard did you have to pull down to get it to pop out? I'm afraid I'll break something hahah

Quick Reply: Lexus OEM RCF Auto Dimming rear view mirror DIY