IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

is200t blow off valve / turbo paper filter?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-18 | 10:10 AM
phongtphan
Driver School Candidate

Default is200t blow off valve / turbo paper filter?

Which kind are you guys running for the blow off valve? I've heard a few and some from TTI motorsports but I was wondering if there is other kinds?

I also had a question on the turbo paper filter? I don't understand what that is , and what will it do if I end up removing it ? people are stating it helps the turbo breathe better and increase the psi a bit more ? Please let me know , thank you
Old 02-02-18 | 04:06 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

The days of modern cars using a "blow off valve" are gone. No need for it.

As far as turbo paper filter, not sure what you are referring to.

Keep the car stock, premium, classy as is.

If you want you can add a Pro Lexus Accessory like the F Sport filter or F Sport exhaust. But beyond that, you're wasting your money on tuner parts like blow off valves.
Old 02-02-18 | 05:38 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by E46CT

If you want you can add a Pro Lexus Accessory like the F Sport filter or F Sport exhaust. But beyond that, you're wasting your money on tuner parts like blow off valves.
Is it just me or did you notice lately that the 3IS community has all these questions which should just be labeled "how to rice my car"?
An unfortunate demographic change happening here or what.
Old 02-02-18 | 10:40 PM
SwiftIS
Driver

I see more members who are advocates to keeping cars stock and repeat over and over to leave the car “classy/stock/OEM” with a lot of misinformation. Most IS owners come into forums to learn about the car. Don’t just call it “rice”, lead them the right way and give direction closest to their idea.

OP, if you want to hear your BOV, get an intake. AEM and Injen make nice ones. Just be warn, it’s pretty loud when at high RPMs. If you want to keep it subtle, get an Fsport engine air filter and/or HPS pipe. Keep the OEM blow off valve unless you are ready to add additional supporting mods and a tune.

Last edited by SwiftIS; 02-02-18 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-03-18 | 10:30 AM
SikhSipahi
Driver

Originally Posted by E46CT

This guy speaks the truth. If you want to do all the tuner stuff, get a subaru or evo.
Old 02-03-18 | 11:13 AM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SwiftIS
I see more members who are advocates to keeping cars stock and repeat over and over to leave the car “classy/stock/OEM” with a lot of misinformation. Most IS owners come into forums to learn about the car. Don’t just call it “rice”, lead them the right way and give direction closest to their idea.

OP, if you want to hear your BOV, get an intake. AEM and Injen make nice ones. Just be warn, it’s pretty loud when at high RPMs. If you want to keep it subtle, get an Fsport engine air filter and/or HPS pipe. Keep the OEM blow off valve unless you are ready to add additional supporting mods and a tune.
The is200t (which I'm sure you know since you yourself own one) already has a subtle blow off valve sound. It is already tastefully done and any louder is... to me.... considered rice.
As for most members who who are advocates of keeping this vehicle classy, its because we don't want to see this car all over looking and sounding like something out of fast and the furious.
Glad you were able to give OP some options though on what he can do.
Old 02-03-18 | 11:58 AM
Thesickest
Driver

Originally Posted by premier3IS
The is200t (which I'm sure you know since you yourself own one) already has a subtle blow off valve sound. It is already tastefully done and any louder is... to me.... considered rice.
As for most members who who are advocates of keeping this vehicle classy, its because we don't want to see this car all over looking and sounding like something out of fast and the furious.
Glad you were able to give OP some options though on what he can do.

fast and furious has 8 movies though 🤔 just saying...
Old 02-03-18 | 12:45 PM
SwiftIS
Driver

Originally Posted by premier3IS
The is200t (which I'm sure you know since you yourself own one)As for most members who who are advocates of keeping this vehicle classy, its because we don't want to see this car all over looking and sounding like something out of fast and the furious.
I totally hear where you are coming from. For instance, my IS is almost stock, but I feel like some mods can compliment our platform. I’m just taking my time selecting the right parts that fit me and “not rice”. :lol:
Old 11-07-18 | 12:13 AM
Yosvaldy
Driver School Candidate

What about injen intake? No issues, increase performance and is the perfect tune up for our cars without too much modifications.