IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Does anyone using Pandora and it keep giving you an error trying to connect?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-18, 04:37 PM
danny8787
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does anyone using Pandora and it keep giving you an error trying to connect?

Hi,

I have 2017 Lexus IS 350 F-Sports with Mark Levinson.

I use Android phone and 5 out of 10 my Pandora from infotainment system would not connect even my Lexus Enform App Suite is connected and running on my phone.

Does anyone have same issue like this?

Thanks,
Danny
Old 02-28-18, 04:44 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Lexus Enform App sucks..

it will only connect via Bluetooth, even though it says it works wired, many have had issues with it disconnecting on all models.

just use the Pandora app on your device and connect via BT or wired using the BT or Aux channels in the car. don't use Enform.. Personally I think for a company like Lexus "Enform" and "Entune" (the Toyota counterpart) are an embarrassment to the brand.
The following users liked this post:
danny8787 (02-28-18)
Old 02-28-18, 08:28 PM
danny8787
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjeds
Lexus Enform App sucks..

it will only connect via Bluetooth, even though it says it works wired, many have had issues with it disconnecting on all models.

just use the Pandora app on your device and connect via BT or wired using the BT or Aux channels in the car. don't use Enform.. Personally I think for a company like Lexus "Enform" and "Entune" (the Toyota counterpart) are an embarrassment to the brand.
I am glad that I am not the only one who's having an issue with Enform system...I wish they can add apple car play or android....
Old 03-01-18, 01:29 AM
vital
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The dumb enform app on iOS can’t even save email/password and I must enter it every time it launches... such a disgrace for Lexus!
Old 03-01-18, 07:08 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,781 Likes on 1,919 Posts

If you want the Lexus App Suite version of Pandora to work, you might have to periodically go log into the app again on your phone (i.e., enter your username and password). Sometimes I get logged out, and the car says "An active application must be running on your device". Happens with the remote as well - every month or so you'll get auto-logged-out,
Old 03-01-18, 07:25 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

You'll want to make sure the firmware on your nav system is up to date. I had this issue on my IS until the dealer updated my firmware, then it worked flawlessly. On my GS I never have any issue.

Originally Posted by vital
The dumb enform app on iOS can’t even save email/password and I must enter it every time it launches... such a disgrace for Lexus!
It's been months if not years since I've had to do that. I never have to log in. I wonder if you have an iOS setting in there somewhere that's causing this.
Old 03-01-18, 08:33 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
You'll want to make sure the firmware on your nav system is up to date. I had this issue on my IS until the dealer updated my firmware, then it worked flawlessly. On my GS I never have any issue.

It's been months if not years since I've had to do that. I never have to log in. I wonder if you have an iOS setting in there somewhere that's causing this.
as a side note you can update the firmware for the infotainment system yourself if you are slightly tech savvy.

go here, choose multimedia system updates, select your year and model, and follow the instructions. . you will need a flash drive 2gb or smaller for it work correctly larger than 2gb might work but I've had issues with several brands,

http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/resources
The following users liked this post:
JDR76 (03-01-18)
Old 03-01-18, 08:40 AM
GibbsLexus
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

Lexus apps start off slow at times then the apps run like normal. At least this is my experience
Old 03-01-18, 09:54 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76

I've had the IS350 for over 3 years now and initially, i never had to sign into the Enform Suite. AFter numerous updates to both the firmware and iOS upgrades, i have to sign in every other day. It is what it is...
Old 03-01-18, 10:24 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
I've had the IS350 for over 3 years now and initially, i never had to sign into the Enform Suite. AFter numerous updates to both the firmware and iOS upgrades, i have to sign in every other day. It is what it is...
That's crazy. I wonder why. It's been so long since I've had to log in I'm not even sure what my password is anymore.
Old 03-01-18, 10:32 AM
Drawblood
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes, it's a well know issue for many Lexus and Toyota models on both IOS and Android. Lexus/Toyota know how to build cars, but the Enform system...not so much.
Why they haven't switched to Apple Carplay and Android Auto is beyond me!!!

I've been to the dealer three times and they have know idea how to fix it (exact words). Which to me means it's a software/App issue. I wonder if I go back a third time if I can claim the lemon law and get a new car
Old 03-01-18, 01:44 PM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Well the enform app sucks and on top of that pandora has been complete garbage lately. So good luck
Old 03-01-18, 01:46 PM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Drawblood
Yes, it's a well know issue for many Lexus and Toyota models on both IOS and Android. Lexus/Toyota know how to build cars, but the Enform system...not so much.
Why they haven't switched to Apple Carplay and Android Auto is beyond me!!!

I've been to the dealer three times and they have know idea how to fix it (exact words). Which to me means it's a software/App issue. I wonder if I go back a third time if I can claim the lemon law and get a new car
Is because they have a contract with Microsoft IIRC that is expiring soon.
Old 03-01-18, 01:52 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,781 Likes on 1,919 Posts

Originally Posted by loophole35

Is because they have a contract with Microsoft IIRC that is expiring soon.
I have never heard of such a contract. Are Lexus infotainment systems based on Microsoft technology?
Old 03-01-18, 07:03 PM
MX73
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
I have never heard of such a contract. Are Lexus infotainment systems based on Microsoft technology?
It is not. Somewhere deep in the screen menus or in the owners manual, it's Linux based.

Quick Reply: Does anyone using Pandora and it keep giving you an error trying to connect?