IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Increase Air Induction / Snorkel Modifications?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-23, 08:44 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,740 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I don't see how it could be a performance gain. Wouldn't the hole allow hot air in from the engine bay?
Old 08-02-23, 09:01 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittsy
Care to share dyno sheets on your testing of these two cars? I would love to see the data from your personal testing.

I believe you on the cold air intake, but I think you’re just saying things to be saying things. Spreading misinformation here is dumb.

why would a free flowing exhaust lose you horsepower? That’s how you make power on these cars, you remove the restrictions in the exhaust, including the cats, mufflers, resonators, etc.
Deleting mufflers will improve exhaust flow and reduce engine back-pressure, therefore power loss at low rpm but gains like 1-3HP at high RPM like 5000RPM ! dude I don't spread misinformation and stop hating, you guys do TRACK is different to the street, are you gonna do 5000RPM all the time on the street ? in slow traffic too ? I still have my deleted mufflers in my garage bought them from Ebay, and tried them on my RC350 and I felt LIKE SHY-T also i don't need to show you anything you call Jason and Scott and ask them, everyone can Google nowadays.
You're a racer, not an Engineer right ? you don't explain but always jump to the conclusion, you're talking about Straight Pipe from Custom Turbo Full Custom Headers to Exhaust tips and need ECU reflash in order to gain more HP, replace OEM mufflers with Pipes do not gain any HP in the end, 1-3 Peak HP in 300hp+ you'll feel nothing, it's like you pee in the sea so don't be a smartass the fact that nobody does over 5000RPM in traffic.
Old 08-02-23, 09:07 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
Is why in my 1st post I said:

Lets see what they say? lol!

Any of the intake mods will work if....... including the pipe and drop in filter, they all gain hp, but again if..... Sayin they don't work for Lexus's is just inaccurate.
LOL Bro, sorry to denounce the Lexus, but my X1 M35i N55 SUV will smoke your IS350 or RC350, unless you turbo or supercharge it, Lexus is not a race car. Me and my Son tested on the track, BMW inline6 M smoked the RC or IS 350 stock vs stock. Don't ask me for video or dyno sheet, you don't believe, go find out and prove me wrong.
Old 08-05-23, 10:09 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 808 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Solara350
LOL Bro, sorry to denounce the Lexus, but my X1 M35i N55 SUV will smoke your IS350 or RC350, unless you turbo or supercharge it, Lexus is not a race car. Me and my Son tested on the track, BMW inline6 M smoked the RC or IS 350 stock vs stock. Don't ask me for video or dyno sheet, you don't believe, go find out and prove me wrong.
Deleting mufflers will improve exhaust flow and reduce engine back-pressure, therefore power loss at low rpm but gains like 1-3HP at high RPM like 5000RPM ! dude I don't spread misinformation and stop hating, you guys do TRACK is different to the street, are you gonna do 5000RPM all the time on the street ? in slow traffic too ? I still have my deleted mufflers in my garage bought them from Ebay, and tried them on my RC350 and I felt LIKE SHY-T also i don't need to show you anything you call Jason and Scott and ask them, everyone can Google nowadays.
You're a racer, not an Engineer right ? you don't explain but always jump to the conclusion, you're talking about Straight Pipe from Custom Turbo Full Custom Headers to Exhaust tips and need ECU reflash in order to gain more HP, replace OEM mufflers with Pipes do not gain any HP in the end, 1-3 Peak HP in 300hp+ you'll feel nothing, it's like you pee in the sea so don't be a smartass the fact that nobody does over 5000RPM in traffic.
Dude, there are dyno sheet out there proving what you're saying is incorrect, go see RR-Racing's website. You're out here claiming that YOU have done the testing and have come to the conclusion that doing a muffler delete loses you power. Im calling BS that you did any testing of any sort. Im asking you to prove me otherwise. All I'm asking for is the data form your "testing" that you've completed. I have data from before I went FBO, data from after, and data from after supercharging. I recorded all of it, as do most people who modify their cars. Certainly if you brought the car to the dyno to test your muffler delete, you would have pics of the sheets no? No one here is saying that deleting your mufflers is going to gain you 50 HP.

My problem isn't with your numbers, its with your BS. Post up your data, or just admit you're full of it and stop spreading misinformation.
The following users liked this post:
jgscott (08-06-23)
Old 08-05-23, 10:19 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,740 Likes on 1,902 Posts

@Solara350 Please exit the thread. No one asked about your other cars, and frankly, mentioning their supposedly superior speed adds nothing of value to this thread.
The following 4 users liked this post by arentz07:
jgscott (08-06-23), JNP1227 (08-07-23), Pittsy (08-05-23), useddonut (08-06-23)
Old 08-06-23, 05:53 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,331 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Why you would compare the 350 instead of Lexus F cars is beyond me?

You are also likely right that the N55 will Literally smoke.

https://oceansidemotorsports.com/blo...-engine-issues

What is the problem with the BMW N55 engine?

BMW N55 Engine Issues
  • N55 Bearing Failure. Many BMW drivers with N55 engines have reported engine breakdowns and problems with the engine's bearings. ...
  • VANOS Solenoid Failure. ...
  • Valvetronic Oil Squirter Failure. ...
  • Checking your engine oil. ...
  • Replacing faulty spark plugs and ignition coils. ...
  • Walnut Blasting or Intake Valve Cleaning.
  • Valve Cover Oil Leak
  • Water Pump Failure
  • Leaking Oil Filter Housing Gasket
  • High Pressure Fuel Pump Failure (HPFP) – Mostly older models

Old 08-06-23, 05:56 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,331 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittsy
Dude, there are dyno sheet out there proving what you're saying is incorrect, go see RR-Racing's website. You're out here claiming that YOU have done the testing and have come to the conclusion that doing a muffler delete loses you power. Im calling BS that you did any testing of any sort. Im asking you to prove me otherwise. All I'm asking for is the data form your "testing" that you've completed. I have data from before I went FBO, data from after, and data from after supercharging. I recorded all of it, as do most people who modify their cars. Certainly if you brought the car to the dyno to test your muffler delete, you would have pics of the sheets no? No one here is saying that deleting your mufflers is going to gain you 50 HP.

My problem isn't with your numbers, its with your BS. Post up your data, or just admit you're full of it and stop spreading misinformation.
Told ya, lack of data, and knowable understanding including real live results denial. Seems he's a BMW Fan Boy.