IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Has anyone bought this custom subwoofer enclosure?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-18, 09:46 PM
xcorpion47
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kalin02
the enclosure doesn't cover the cargo net slot but if you use yours regularly you might want to lift the bottom latch that the net attaches to. it is a tight fit trying to reach the bottom latch if you put the subwoofer enclosure in first. i'm using a 12w3v3.

you don't actually screw the enclosure to the panels in the trunk. the back of the enclosure is curved and follows the shape of the trunk perfectly. you just have to maneuver the enclosure into place behind the hinge for the trunk so that the hinge keeps the enclosure from tipping over. i'm going to find out how well it stays put during normal driving tomorrow. i ordered the black finish.

now that i've mounted the sub in i mounted my sub to in the enclosure tonight and realized that the only con that i can think of so far is that the front of the enclosure has just enough surface area to mount a twelve inch sub flush without any gaps that i could notice but a ten inch woofer wouldn't have had any problem doing so.
I contacted Wickedcas today and asked them about my order. They said they are going to ship my order from 10 to 15 business days which is a pain to wait that long for a sub box. On the website it saids 6 available so I dont know why it taking so long for them to just ship it already. I hope you post some pic after you got everything installed.
Old 04-14-18, 06:16 AM
camperkev
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my guess is they don't have any in stock, just want to make you think that so you buy.
Old 04-22-18, 07:00 PM
xcorpion47
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kalin02
the enclosure doesn't cover the cargo net slot but if you use yours regularly you might want to lift the bottom latch that the net attaches to. it is a tight fit trying to reach the bottom latch if you put the subwoofer enclosure in first. i'm using a 12w3v3.

you don't actually screw the enclosure to the panels in the trunk. the back of the enclosure is curved and follows the shape of the trunk perfectly. you just have to maneuver the enclosure into place behind the hinge for the trunk so that the hinge keeps the enclosure from tipping over. i'm going to find out how well it stays put during normal driving tomorrow. i ordered the black finish.

now that i've mounted the sub in i mounted my sub to in the enclosure tonight and realized that the only con that i can think of so far is that the front of the enclosure has just enough surface area to mount a twelve inch sub flush without any gaps that i could notice but a ten inch woofer wouldn't have had any problem doing so.
So how did it go does it move around when you drive around when you drive. I just got my this past weekend and I really havent had a change to drive my car around since my car sits in the garage pretty much all the time. All I have done is installed the speaker on the box and mounted the box in the trunk.
Old 04-22-18, 09:15 PM
kalin02
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my sub hasn't moved an inch since i installed it. i'd forgotten that it was in my trunk because i still haven't actually connected my the sub to my amp yet. there's only about a half an inch between the hinge for the trunk and the sub enclosure so the hinge does a pretty good job of keeping it in place with how well the back of the enclosure follows the shape of the trunk. even though i haven't hooked anything up yet i kind of wish that i'd bought a 10" woofer instead because i think that the twelve might be overkill for normal listening. i'm trying to decide if i want to replace the front stage with a component set of speakers so i figure that i'll just do everything at one time when i finally make up my mind.
Old 05-07-18, 09:09 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

There is a custom enclosure for sale in the classified section.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mob...enclosure.html
Old 05-10-18, 12:12 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 43 Posts

I purchased this box from them and I am very satisfied by the quality and build.
Old 12-03-19, 12:20 PM
bigsherv
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes. Just had one built for my 2014 LShttps://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/932596-my-custom-fiberglass-subwoofer-install.html#post10669707
Old 12-20-20, 02:50 PM
GivmHell
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ordered mine for my 2015 IS350 F-Sport. If you buy the speaker from them, it's actually a really good deal, but already had an amp. Got the JL Audio 12w6w3, so might need to add a little stuffing, cuz the ideal size apparently for that speaker is apparently 1.1 cubic feet, and that box is .95.

I had a 8" Kicker Kicker 44CWCD84 (free air), that I replaced the stock ML sub, and after reading another thread on here that the stock sub is 16ohm, so I got a dual voice coil 4 ohm that I ran in series at 8 ohms, read that if you go to 4 ohm the ML amp will start to clip, and had no issues, and faired pretty well, so added AudioControl LC-1.800 and that got the speaker to bump pretty good, but after having some big systems in the past, that isn't quite enough, so went with this, but would've been a good option if I wanted to keep it cheap.

BTW: I actually got two responses to three emails, but I noticed that he always responds late from his iPhone, so that's probably most people don't get responses I'm guessing, cuz the responses I got were very brief.
The following users liked this post:
TLeexus (12-22-20)
Old 12-22-20, 10:31 AM
TLeexus
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

interested in your install.
post pics when done. =)

Gladius (12-24-20)
Old 12-22-20, 10:52 AM
GivmHell
Driver School Candidate

Will do, ordered it last week, and takes about three weeks.
Old 12-23-20, 02:01 PM
EvilJoker
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Im running the Rockford Fosgate P300-12. Excellent add on to the factory system. Sub, amp, crossover, all in one unit. Good bang for the buck and easy install, takes up very little space. A couple of people on here have purchased since I recommended before, and they are totally happy.
AquaMayne (07-21-21)
Old 12-23-20, 03:56 PM
GivmHell
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EvilJoker
Im running the Rockford Fosgate P300-12. Excellent add on to the factory system. Sub, amp, crossover, all in one unit. Good bang for the buck and easy install, takes up very little space. A couple of people on here have purchased since I recommended before, and they are totally happy.
Good info. I actually saw that when I started looking, looks like a nice setup, and had good luck with RF, but wanted something took up little space, and I already had the amp.
Old 12-24-20, 04:50 AM
anamynous
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilJoker
When you have a moment, do you mind sharing a photo of how it looks in your trunk? I looked it up and it looks quite huge, and all the photos I'm seeing are in larger vehicles.
Gladius (12-24-20)
Old 02-08-21, 01:56 PM
GivmHell
Driver School Candidate

Sorry, not the best pics.

So first let's talk about the box. It fit really well in there, so just used velcro as a precaution, but that box wasn't going anywhere. And I did try and pull the speaker, and it's in their good, so sealed it in their tight. Was curious if they added any stuffing. JL Audio says 1.0 cubic ft box is recommended, Crutchfield says 1.1 cubic ft, and the box is supposed to be .95 cubic ft. Very close, hardly enough to hear a difference.

As far as Wicked, I bought the item third week in Dec, and I had to call them a month later, and they said it was being shipped that day. I got it a week later. It's supposed to be three weeks total, with 10-14 days just a build the box. Now, it was during the holidays, so maybe that's why, but really slow.

The following 2 users liked this post by GivmHell:
anamynous (02-09-21), AquaMayne (07-21-21)
Old 03-06-21, 07:22 AM
ljerr2
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm considering this Wicked CAS setup for my 2021 IS350 with the ML system.

Really like the idea of a setup that looks like it is supposed to be there, at least better than a rectangular box that definitely looks like it is not custom. I also like the idea of still having access to most of the trunk, including the spare tire access if that became necessary.

I was thinking a 10" is probably a better fit for me based on the type of music (rock/hard rock/classic), plus I already have a good amp to power a 10, but would be underpowered probably for a sealed box 12 (AudiControl 300W RMS). Honestly, I was pretty disappointed in the ML sub output. I've got a 2020 Tacoma with the often mocked JBL factory sub and it is better than the ML sub!

For those that have this box setup, how happy are you with the 10 or 12 you have? Seems the box is better suited (based on volume) for the 12 as it is closer to the speaker specs. The 10" JL sub I would be looking at is best suited for only .625 cu ft. The extra box volume might be a little too much for it and allow the sub to move too freely?

How about any resonance/rattles in the trunk and/or sheetmetal after install?

Are you still good with not mechanically fastening the box to the trunk floor?

Appreciate any and all help, suggestions, etc!

AquaMayne (07-21-21)

Quick Reply: Has anyone bought this custom subwoofer enclosure?