IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

lexus is vs hyundai genesis g70

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-18, 10:32 PM
Egorb12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question lexus is vs hyundai genesis g70

hello guys please explain this is a strange question but I really want to learn the truth that the new hyundai genesis g70 will be better in technology and will be able to break the sales lexus is and the curry
I honestly do not want to believe in it. But I feel sorry for the Lexus and Camry if in fact they are on sales by hyundai. Toyota and Lexus are very good cars. At me the daddy the mechanic speaks that the Lexus toyota all the same do not do (make) on technologies and quality, I to the daddy...

Old 04-15-18, 06:34 AM
Egorb12
Driver School Candidate

people can not answer because it's not a valid question?
Old 04-15-18, 06:40 AM
Burrcold
Advanced

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

It sounds like you're trolling, so don't expect too many responses. It's also really hard to understand your post.
The following users liked this post:
Egorb12 (04-15-18)
Old 04-15-18, 07:01 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Well the Camry just about outsells every car on the planet and doesn't compete with the genesis in any way as it's a mainstream midsize and much cheaper. The Lexus IS is old and will be in its 5th model year this year so a new version should hit in a couple years. So I would hope that the Genesis would be better in every way. The only issue with the Genesis and Kia Stinger are that they brought the goods but it's only at par with the current crop of cars and it's only true advantage is price. BMW will bring the goods later this year with the new 3 series and the Audi S4 and Mercedes AMG C43 are already better along with the brand name and ownership experience. In my experience, people lease most of these cars in this price range and the Germans lease deals are generally better making price kinda moot. I really don't expect the Genesis to do well in this declining market of sports sedans to be frank.
Egorb12 (04-15-18)
Old 04-15-18, 07:10 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,740 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I guess the biggest question really is price. The IS has been a decent value in its segment for a while, even if the fully-loaded models don't come with 360-degree cameras, autonomous emergency braking, or some of the other niceties that its competition has. However, with the Genesis G80 starting at just about $42k USD and topping out around $59k, I can't see the G70 starting out much higher than $36k and fully loaded at about $55k. This is also helped by the Stinger, which has the same chassis and powertrain, topping out at $52k. A Kia-badged product will likely still be cheaper than the Genesis based on its branding. I think the G70 will need to offer a compelling package (read: pricing) in order to win over most buyers. For me, I expect it to be a good product, having driven the G80, so I am already interested.
Egorb12 (04-15-18)
Old 04-15-18, 07:12 AM
Egorb12
Driver School Candidate

and so premium kia and genesis is not better than Lexus ls500 and 2014-2018? for quality and comfort? My father the mechanic says that Toyota and Lexus will still be more reliable and comfortable
Old 04-15-18, 07:14 AM
Egorb12
Driver School Candidate

I do not really trust kia and geness so I think even if in Toyota or Lexus there will be less electronics they will be more reliable than the kia or genesis
Old 04-15-18, 08:04 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,740 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Egorb12
and so premium kia and genesis is not better than Lexus ls500 and 2014-2018? for quality and comfort? My father the mechanic says that Toyota and Lexus will still be more reliable and comfortable
Probably they will, but will be more expensive as well.

Kia and Hyundai are doing well in reliability these days, however. I wouldn't concern myself with that, really. You always need to have a repairs/maintenance budget, no matter the brand, anyway.
Old 04-15-18, 08:40 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Listen to your Daddy Egor , he is right, doesn't matter what brand or badge, the more electrical the more issue in the long run, the more power the lesser it lasts, imagine if a human being with too much power, he won't last long, therefore Lexus Chief Engineer THOUGHT of THAT ! thus he designed to stay within the BALANCE, don't get me wrong this is OLD MEN thought, for Young Men like us we want everything every option, doesn't last long don't mean it will die in couple years due to the factory warranty is like 4-6 years ? if you have the money and budget don't worry but if you want to keep the car forever ? stay with Lexus i mean nothing last forever but Lexus lasts a bit longer
Egorb12 (04-15-18)
Old 04-15-18, 08:53 AM
Egorb12
Driver School Candidate

I listen to my dad because he has a long time with Toyota from camry x20andxv40 and matrix and Lexus RX300-330 so he advises me to take Toyota and Lexus only, and also he is a mechanic with 15 years of experience. When I look at Korean cars I do not like them they do not look qualitative than Toyotas and Lexus.
Old 04-15-18, 09:06 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Egorb12
I listen to my dad because he has a long time with Toyota from camry x20andxv40 and matrix and Lexus RX300-330 so he advises me to take Toyota and Lexus only, and also he is a mechanic with 15 years of experience. When I look at Korean cars I do not like them they do not look qualitative than Toyotas and Lexus.
Toyota is my main car brand because, his honor "TOYODA" loved his mom so much LIKE ME ! thats why i only pick Toyota 1st to pay respect to TOYODA, i respect to all who love their Mom, watch this movie with Vietnamese Subtitle, the Origin name was TOYODA not Toyota but later they changed from TOYODA to Toyota. (Toyoda means fertile rice paddies in Japanese, Company decided to changed to Toyota because....and they had Vietnamese Subtitle because 90% of Vietnamese owned Toyota Lexus.

Last edited by Solara350; 04-15-18 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-15-18, 09:16 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

To the OP...if you are a younger driver, don't get any of these cars. They are way more boring than something much cheaper like a Toyota Gt86. Even an Infiniti G37 coupe used is pretty reliable and fast and cheap.
Old 04-15-18, 09:56 AM
Burrcold
Advanced

Originally Posted by EZZ
To the OP...if you are a younger driver, don't get any of these cars. They are way more boring than something much cheaper like a Toyota Gt86. Even an Infiniti G37 coupe used is pretty reliable and fast and cheap.
Agreed. I had a BRZ and it was awesome fun! Reliable, relatively cheap, and totally daily drivable (regardless of location/climate). Won't get you into any trouble with speeding tickets either
Old 04-15-18, 10:32 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Burrcold

Agreed. I had a BRZ and it was awesome fun! Reliable, relatively cheap, and totally daily drivable (regardless of location/climate). Won't get you into any trouble with speeding tickets either
how was it in SNOW Storm right now in Toronto bro lol ? put some sand bags in your trunk like we done back in the day with Supra and Cresida ? lol
Old 04-15-18, 11:34 AM
Burrcold
Advanced

Originally Posted by Solara350
how was it in SNOW Storm right now in Toronto bro lol ? put some sand bags in your trunk like we done back in the day with Supra and Cresida ? lol
I sold it a few years back, but I drove it in a lot worse weather and it was great. Good winter tires (no need for sandbags) and you're set.

Quick Reply: lexus is vs hyundai genesis g70