IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Need help !!!!! Is300 2018 need a plug and play tune !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-18, 06:20 AM
Jfern
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help !!!!! Is300 2018 need a plug and play tune !!!

I'm looking for a tune that's plug and play and is removable when i need to take it in for service .
Old 05-05-18, 08:37 AM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

You and others, I’ve been waiting as well. So far the reputable ones are only available for 2016 or older models. I unfortunately can’t, nor do I want to, remove my ECU to send it off for bench programming. So, I will continue to wait, or trade it for another vehicle in the coming years.
Old 05-05-18, 05:17 PM
Jfern
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KYLexusMkr
You and others, I’ve been waiting as well. So far the reputable ones are only available for 2016 or older models. I unfortunately can’t, nor do I want to, remove my ECU to send it off for bench programming. So, I will continue to wait, or trade it for another vehicle in the coming years.
That sucks man, what intake to you have on it ?
Old 05-05-18, 07:03 PM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

I was hoping for RR racing to support the later models with their handheld tuner. I currently have the stock intake on mine, it’s a luxury model. My plans were to upgrade to their carbon intake when I bought their tuner. To no avail though, I’ve got neither. Maybe someday, sooner rather than later, they will be able to support this, but if not like stated earlier, I’ll just trade it in or buy another. Couple more years and this one will be paid for and hoping after the next generation comes out it’ll be just as nice. If so, I’ll opt for the sport model and skip the tuning. At the time of purchase, I was itching for one and couldn’t wait, but I knew I wanted the awd. There wasn’t a 350 awd in the state, Fsport or otherwise, so I purchased the 300 awd, the only Fsports available at the time were 200t’s, and I wasn’t feeling a turbo 4 for long term ownership. So, that’s what I’ve got, not regretting the decision, I love the car, but if I had waited for a 350, I likely would’ve never bought one.
Old 05-05-18, 07:34 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,412 Likes on 647 Posts

I was hoping for RR racing to support the later models with their handheld tuner. I currently have the stock intake on mine, it’s a luxury model. My plans were to upgrade to their carbon intake when I bought their tuner. To no avail though, I’ve got neither. Maybe someday, sooner rather than later, they will be able to support this, but if not like stated earlier, I’ll just trade it in or buy another. Couple more years and this one will be paid for and hoping after the next generation comes out it’ll be just as nice. If so, I’ll opt for the sport model and skip the tuning. At the time of purchase, I was itching for one and couldn’t wait, but I knew I wanted the awd. There wasn’t a 350 awd in the state, Fsport or otherwise, so I purchased the 300 awd, the only Fsports available at the time were 200t’s, and I wasn’t feeling a turbo 4 for long term ownership. So, that’s what I’ve got, not regretting the decision, I love the car, but if I had waited for a 350, I likely would’ve never bought one.
Send is your ECU, we receive it, bench program it, and send it back to you the SAME day, it’s pretty easy.

Many models, including Mercedes, McLarens, Ferraris, etc are only bench programmable and don’t have plug and play option.

That said, we are working to add the handheld OBD zorogrammer functionality to 17/18 models.

Rafi

Last edited by RRRacing; 05-05-18 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-05-18, 07:37 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

When we first started tuning ISFs, initially we also did not have an OBD programming capability, and we ended up bench programming well over 100 ECUs by mail. We had ZERO issues, no damaged or lost ECUs. You can read our ISF Tune thread in the ISF vendor forum.

Rafi
Old 05-06-18, 11:31 AM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RRRacing

When we first started tuning ISFs, initially we also did not have an OBD programming capability, and we ended up bench programming well over 100 ECUs by mail. We had ZERO issues, no damaged or lost ECUs. You can read our ISF Tune thread in the ISF vendor forum.

Rafi
Believe you me, if I could go without my vehicle for the time I’d definitely send it in to you guys. I want nothing more than to have that extra power, like that of the 350. Unfortunately though, it’s a daily driver and I can’t go with out. If ever I get another vehicle and can do without, I will be sending it to you guys, just because your reputation supersedes any other programmers out there.
Old 05-06-18, 12:30 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Believe you me, if I could go without my vehicle for the time I’d definitely send it in to you guys. I want nothing more than to have that extra power, like that of the 350. Unfortunately though, it’s a daily driver and I can’t go with out. If ever I get another vehicle and can do without, I will be sending it to you guys, just because your reputation supersedes any other programmers out there.
Take a vacation, send us your ECU

Rafi
Old 05-06-18, 01:23 PM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

Rafi
That is an idea, not for my summer vacation, but for the fall getaway when I’m flying it would be idle. 😁 Always thinking there aren’t ya?
Old 05-06-18, 04:12 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Or just rent a corolla for a couple days

For 2015 model, you can add a piggyback but can the dealer detect it if you ever have a warranty issue?
Old 05-06-18, 04:37 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

AWD or RWD? If its the RWD then you have the 2.0 turbo and Burger Tuning has the best plug and play system available.
Old 05-06-18, 04:44 PM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

Mine is a 17 300, V6.
Old 05-06-18, 05:06 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

The OP didn't specify on the 2018 IS300. AWD has the V6 and RWD came with the 2.0 turbo.
Old 05-09-18, 04:03 AM
and3re
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Rafi
I can Vouche for RR Racing and their team. You will not be disappointed, best upgrade whether you've got a 350 or 300 (kick rocks turbo owners).
Old 05-09-18, 06:18 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by and3re
I can Vouche for RR Racing and their team. You will not be disappointed, best upgrade whether you've got a 350 or 300 (kick rocks turbo owners).
Why the animosity toward the turbo? lol

Quick Reply: Need help !!!!! Is300 2018 need a plug and play tune !!!