Issues with Lexus Dealership not solving my issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-18, 09:31 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts
Default Issues with Lexus Dealership not solving my issues

Hi,
So I've posted about this before about my B pillar rattling noise and my door handle. I have went and talked to my same service advisor who I've had multiple times about these issues. Last time I went solely for the rattling and he said "they reinforced it like crazy" but the B pillar is still rattling and seems to be getting worse and the door handle rattle is still there. They made me sit there for 2-3 hours to fix the issue but it wasn't and I don't think they're fixing it properly. Should I contact the company or should I reach out to the manager? I do have the manager's phone number but I don't know how helpful that will be. Waiting at the dealer again for 2-3 hours is going to drive me insane. Please advise.
Old 06-22-18, 10:12 PM
CurntlyPsd
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swaangin
Hi,
So I've posted about this before about my B pillar rattling noise and my door handle. I have went and talked to my same service advisor who I've had multiple times about these issues. Last time I went solely for the rattling and he said "they reinforced it like crazy" but the B pillar is still rattling and seems to be getting worse and the door handle rattle is still there. They made me sit there for 2-3 hours to fix the issue but it wasn't and I don't think they're fixing it properly. Should I contact the company or should I reach out to the manager? I do have the manager's phone number but I don't know how helpful that will be. Waiting at the dealer again for 2-3 hours is going to drive me insane. Please advise.
Bare with them, and be patient. Rattle noises are literally our bane of the existence. They are no more fun for us than you, and to make it worse they pay almost nothing. They will go the extra mile for you as long as you stay calm and understanding. Noises often play trickery in cabin and don't come from where they sound.

-7 years dealership manager/12 years expierence

Last edited by CurntlyPsd; 06-22-18 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-22-18, 10:43 PM
swaangin
Racer

Originally Posted by CurntlyPsd
Bare with them, and be patient. Rattle noises are literally our bane of the existence. They are no more fun for us than you, and to make it worse they pay almost nothing. They will go the extra mile for you as long as you stay calm and understanding. Noises often play trickery in cabin and don't come from where they sound.

-7 years dealership manager/12 years expierence
Thanks for this advice. I will just reach out to the manager tomorrow and tell him the issue. Hopefully they can resolve it. I just plan on installing a subwoofer so I don't want the rattling to get worse and then later on they blame the rattling on my aftermarket sound system.
Old 06-23-18, 11:05 PM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

Have you gone for a test drive with a technician or the shop foreman?
Old 06-24-18, 08:06 AM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you tried going to a different Lexus dealer?
Old 06-28-18, 04:09 PM
swaangin
Racer

Originally Posted by rL-gT
Have you gone for a test drive with a technician or the shop foreman?
UPDATE ON MY SITUATION: so to answer your question yes. But the only reason I was able to do this was AFTER I called the Lexus company. I sent a text to the manger of the Lexus dealership who did not respond. I called the company on a Saturday and immediately Monday morning I got a call from the dealership to bring in my car for a technician to sit on a drive with me. We did that, he heard the rattling as well. I decided to drop the car off early afternoon and I was returned my vehicle the next day. The rattling is gone, they added insulation in the B pillar. After going numerous times just for this rattle, I had to call the company but I do appreciate they were able to isolate the sound and fix it. They did get the car a little dirty on the seat and the B pillar plastic, but it's fine.
Old 06-28-18, 04:10 PM
swaangin
Racer

Originally Posted by ISFWes
Have you tried going to a different Lexus dealer?
Yeah, I actually brought this up to another dealership further from my house.. the technician said: "lower your music or lower the bass." I didn't even want to bother going further with someone who says something like that. Never went back to that dealership again.
Old 07-26-18, 01:35 PM
swaangin
Racer

Hey so I just wanted to update everyone because I finally got this issue resolved today.
At the original dealership:
1) verified noise
2) kept my car for 48 hours
3) claimed they insulated it
4) said the car didn't make any noise

They were right, it didn't, but as soon as I hit another bump, I started hearing it again:

5) brought it back, said I hear noise
6) they held onto the car for another day and drove it 20 miles... (idk why they would do this)
7) told me they don't hear anything (the head technician)
8) I still heard the noise after
9) called company and they told me to go to another dealership

So I decided to go to another dealership
10) they VERIFIED THE NOISE AGAIN from door / window seals
11) They lubricated and cleaned the seals
12) NOISE IS NOW GONE.

This dealership where I've spent hundreds of dollars on, I will never go there again. This just goes to show, different dealers have different skill sets. I go to my previous dealer for the deals but they don't know anything about the cars. Thank god, this issue was driving me crazy!!!!
Old 07-26-18, 01:58 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Comes down to the individuals touching the car, whether or not they're talented/skilled or motivated enough to tackle a problem like that. Remember you are just another ticket in a sea of customer orders they have to fulfill. They aren't going to try and tackle small things like that and verify it to perfection if they can avoid it.

Personally I would've stripped the area down myself and located the problem and fixed it if it myself. Would got done the first time and I'd get to keep my car. Glad you got it fixed though