IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

3IS Simple/"Dumb" Questions Thread - Ask away and get answers!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-19, 01:36 PM
R34
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Sport wheel center cap size

I just picked up a set of IS F Sport wheels very inexpensive and with that being said, they did not come with center caps. I want to order some blank center caps but would like to know what size to get. Also, if anyone has any suggestions or examples I would really appreciate it. I am going to put these on my girl friends 2013 Camry for a updated look with new tires as well, staggered. Let's not get into the wheel gap at this time please - lol

Old 06-10-19, 01:55 PM
VisualEcho
Pole Position

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Is there any possible way to shut off the big blinking BRAKE light and beeping when you get too close to the car in front? It's rare, but it happens.
The following users liked this post:
chicatemi (10-07-20)
Old 06-10-19, 02:55 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone know the size of our exhaust hangers? Looking to alleviate some exhaust rattling issue with my GReddy quad exhaust on my 3IS. I believe the source may be the rubber exhaust hangers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cusco-HD-Ex...sAAOSwhpZaMowf
Old 06-11-19, 12:16 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by VisualEcho
Is there any possible way to shut off the big blinking BRAKE light and beeping when you get too close to the car in front? It's rare, but it happens.
That's the PCS, pre crash system. Check your manual if it's possible to turn it off, although I don't recommend it.
Old 06-11-19, 12:25 AM
Noobierice
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

location for jack points? like from the front of the vehicle and the rear.. or do we just jack the sides of the vehicle?
Old 06-11-19, 01:43 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Nope, you can only change the sensitivity.
Old 06-11-19, 04:45 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Originally Posted by Noobierice
location for jack points? like from the front of the vehicle and the rear.. or do we just jack the sides of the vehicle?
You can jack it on the middle of the front cross rail of the front subframe and that will lift the entire front.
For the rear they say you can jack it on the diff. but I prefer the rear subframe just behind the diff....that will lift the entire rear.
Old 06-11-19, 04:49 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

If you're talking about the PCS (Pre-collision System), then refer to Page 225 of the Owners Manual to disable or change the setting of the system:

The following users liked this post:
VisualEcho (06-12-19)
Old 06-11-19, 04:54 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by R34
I just picked up a set of IS F Sport wheels very inexpensive and with that being said, they did not come with center caps. I want to order some blank center caps but would like to know what size to get. Also, if anyone has any suggestions or examples I would really appreciate it. I am going to put these on my girl friends 2013 Camry for a updated look with new tires as well, staggered. Let's not get into the wheel gap at this time please - lol
The size is 2.5 inches (63.5mm). As for suggestions I really don't have any...you could check eBay, bound to be tons on there.
Old 06-11-19, 06:56 AM
R34
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
The size is 2.5 inches (63.5mm). As for suggestions I really don't have any...you could check eBay, bound to be tons on there.
Just to confirm, is this the inside our outside diameter?

Thank you for your assistance, I really appreciate it
Old 06-11-19, 07:03 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by R34
Just to confirm, is this the inside our outside diameter?

Thank you for your assistance, I really appreciate it
That's the outside diameter of the center cap (the part that you see when the wheel is installed).
You can do a rough measure across the hole to confirm also.
Old 06-11-19, 07:48 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

If you're talking about the PCS (Pre-collision System), then refer to Page 225 of the Owners Manual to disable or change the setting of the system:
If I remember correctly, when you have traction control fully turned off PCS is disabled as well.
Old 06-12-19, 12:02 PM
VisualEcho
Pole Position

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

It looks like I have to disable it every time in get in the car, which would be a PITA, which is probably why Toyota did it that way. Damn electrical nannies.
Old 06-12-19, 12:20 PM
mvppadilla
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by R34
If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for a set of f-sport wheels? I am in the process of listing mine for sale ( excellent condition, no damage whatsoever, used for 9 months).
Old 06-12-19, 12:56 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

It looks like I have to disable it every time in get in the car, which would be a PITA, which is probably why Toyota did it that way. Damn electrical nannies.
I guess my question would be, why is it coming on all the time? You can adjust the sensitivity so it's not trigger happy, but if it's still coming on that much, is there something wrong? Or are you tailgating the cars in front you that close? (which speaks to a bigger issue)

Quick Reply: 3IS Simple/"Dumb" Questions Thread - Ask away and get answers!