IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

3IS Simple/"Dumb" Questions Thread - Ask away and get answers!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-19, 11:04 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by unioncorps
I stand mistaken. You're right, I just tried it for myself - there actually is a toggle the green ECO indicator to turn if off/on. For F-Sports, you have to move the tach over then access the settings menu then choose "Meter Settings" as indicated above then you should see that ECO option.
Lol I went in too and realized I had seen that setting before but didn't give it any thought haha. I find it interesting that having that light on bothers people. I honestly could care less since I'm actually in Eco mode I don't mind it telling me that haha.
Old 06-20-19, 11:05 AM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

^ LOL! Myself as well, but good to know that you could turn it off or on. The manual doesn't explicitly state that how to do that.
Old 06-24-19, 12:03 PM
shivp
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default springs install

anyone know a springs/coils installation place in the maryland area? im looking to lower my car soon but idk where to take to get the springs/coils installed.
Old 07-16-19, 10:10 PM
a1rh3adsz
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Does the rear passengers windows roll all the way down and no glass is showing? or does it leave like about 1 inch of glass showing? I finally rolled the back windows down while cleaning the car and i notice it showing about an 1inch of glass while completely down and i dont recall seeing that before.
Old 07-16-19, 10:22 PM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

It doesn't go all the way down. Very common in todays cars.
Old 07-17-19, 08:24 PM
a1rh3adsz
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jhs82
It doesn't go all the way down. Very common in todays cars.

I wonder why, A safety thing? lol but thanks
Old 07-17-19, 08:27 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

It was about safety back when they left 4-6" up across the door, but now with that tiny wedge at the front I imagine it's more just a function of space and mechanics. Would have thought they could drop that last little bit though if they really wanted!
Old 07-18-19, 04:50 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by a1rh3adsz
I wonder why, A safety thing? lol but thanks
It's just space in the door...or lack thereof.
Because of the curve along the back edge of the door where it meets the fender well, the window can't physically fit into the door all the way.
Keeping in mind there's more glass below the window line we can't see, plus the window regulator mechanism that will be extended all the way out at the windows lowest point.
Old 07-29-19, 02:41 PM
JAREee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know, if the 3IS - Intake is already a CAI? Would it be worth getting the f-sport CAI? Thanks!
Old 07-29-19, 02:47 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,800 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Originally Posted by JAREee
Does anyone know, if the 3IS - Intake is already a CAI? Would it be worth getting the f-sport CAI? Thanks!
It's not really a cold-air intake, but it does pull air directly from outside the vehicle, making it relatively cold compared to many other air intakes out there.

I would say it's worth getting only if you want the different sound it will add. Getting an aftermarket intake of any description will effectively force you to remove the sound tube, so there will be less induction noise. That said, you could also just get the F Sport Air Filters, which will improve air flow slightly, which could give you some tangible benefits if combined with removal of the carbon filter.

My personal opinion is that no, it's not worth it for performance alone. But, if you want to change up the look of the engine bay and the sound, then yes.
The following users liked this post:
JAREee (07-30-19)
Old 07-29-19, 03:09 PM
Cienfuegos
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2014 IS250 that and I’m wanting to change the stock fog lights to LED. I’d like to keep it OEM if possible. Does anyone have the part numbers?
Old 07-29-19, 03:10 PM
m1919
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by JAREee
Originally Posted by arentz07
It's not really a cold-air intake, but it does pull air directly from outside the vehicle, making it relatively cold compared to many other air intakes out there.

I would say it's worth getting only if you want the different sound it will add. Getting an aftermarket intake of any description will effectively force you to remove the sound tube, so there will be less induction noise. That said, you could also just get the F Sport Air Filters, which will improve air flow slightly, which could give you some tangible benefits if combined with removal of the carbon filter.

My personal opinion is that no, it's not worth it for performance alone. But, if you want to change up the look of the engine bay and the sound, then yes.
F-Sport air filter + charcoal filter delete on my IS200t livened up the engine sound a bit. Also turbo spool is more audible now under heavy throttle, which is great. Sounds better and louder when you mash it, but still quiet when driving normally.

Throttle response is a bit better too. Not sure how much of a benefit you would get on the v6.
Old 07-29-19, 08:31 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,800 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Originally Posted by m1919
F-Sport air filter + charcoal filter delete on my IS200t livened up the engine sound a bit. Also turbo spool is more audible now under heavy throttle, which is great. Sounds better and louder when you mash it, but still quiet when driving normally.

Throttle response is a bit better too. Not sure how much of a benefit you would get on the v6.
Yeah sorry, I was assuming it was a V-6 model. No idea on the 4-cylinder turbo.
Old 07-30-19, 09:40 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,633 Posts

As I was the one who invented the F Sport/Charcoal delete in the 200T, I can say it's definitely a cheap and easy mod to do for cool sounds and (perceptively) better throttle response. I mostly did it though so I won't have to change air filters. Found the F Sport filter cheap on eBay.
Old 07-30-19, 12:43 PM
AKFSport
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by R34
I just picked up a set of IS F Sport wheels very inexpensive and with that being said, they did not come with center caps. I want to order some blank center caps but would like to know what size to get. Also, if anyone has any suggestions or examples I would really appreciate it. I am going to put these on my girl friends 2013 Camry for a updated look with new tires as well, staggered. Let's not get into the wheel gap at this time please - lol
I just got my 2019 IS300 AWD F Sport Series 1 earlier this month and looking for another set of wheels for Winter tires. Where did you get it and how much should I expect to pay for similar wheels?

Quick Reply: 3IS Simple/"Dumb" Questions Thread - Ask away and get answers!