IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

3IS Simple/"Dumb" Questions Thread - Ask away and get answers!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-19, 05:46 PM
KadyKruck
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel fitment

I have a 2015 is350 f sport awd I want to get f1r f29 rims. Would 18x8.5 38 offset in front and 18x9.5 38 offset in rear work? Thank you
Old 11-21-19, 04:56 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by KadyKruck
I have a 2015 is350 f sport awd I want to get f1r f29 rims. Would 18x8.5 38 offset in front and 18x9.5 38 offset in rear work? Thank you
Rear is good, front is a maybe, really depends on spoke design. Worst case a 3-5mm spacer in the front will correct any clearance issues...likely you will be ok without it, but no guarantee.
Old 11-21-19, 08:25 AM
Mewannalex
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't know if this goes here, admins, move it if necessary.

Any info on the service of the differential and the transfer case of the AWD cars? I checked the Lexus maintenance schedule and could find any service interval, just check and check, but no recommendation on then when to do it.
Old 11-21-19, 08:53 AM
oo10inz
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mewannalex
Don't know if this goes here, admins, move it if necessary.

Any info on the service of the differential and the transfer case of the AWD cars? I checked the Lexus maintenance schedule and could find any service interval, just check and check, but no recommendation on then when to do it.
There are a lot of threads on this if you wanna search the forum. I can tell you i just had both of mine done (2015 is350 fsport awd) at 64,000 miles.
Old 11-21-19, 11:11 AM
PJSnow
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 40 Posts

Perfect thread for this question:
We have a 2016 IS S-Sport and I'm curious about the headrest adjustability. I know it can go up and down (roof to floor direction) via the two metal "poles". My question is about the front to back adjustment (front of car to back of car direction). I noticed the headrest naturally is positioned slightly toward the front of the car as compared to the seat back and I would like to move it back a bit. I know several other Lexus models have this adjustability. It appears this car would have it too because of the long slots in the leather on the bottom of the headrest where the metal poles attach. It clearly does not move easily as in other models so I removed the headrest and started playing with it but no luck. Is there something simple I am missing?
Old 11-21-19, 11:15 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,800 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Originally Posted by PJSnow
We have a 2016 IS S-Sport and I'm curious about the headrest adjustability. I know it can go up and down (roof to floor direction) via the two metal "poles". My question is about the front to back adjustment (front of car to back of car direction). I noticed the headrest naturally is positioned slightly toward the front of the car as compared to the seat back and I would like to move it back a bit. I know several other Lexus models have this adjustability. It appears this car would have it too because of the long slots in the leather on the bottom of the headrest where the metal poles attach. It clearly does not move easily as in other models so I removed the headrest and started playing with it but no luck. Is there something simple I am missing?
I'm not aware of any way to adjust it fore and aft. I agree that would be nice - however, for my body shape, where it sits is just fine. I've driven other vehicles with forward/back adjustable headrests that I absolutely needed the adjustment, haha.
Old 11-21-19, 01:53 PM
PJSnow
Pit Crew

So I was able to find this thread on the NX sub forum. Sounds like we do have the capability of horizontal adjustment but I can't figure it out. Any advice?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...d-threads.html
Old 11-22-19, 03:46 AM
m1919
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

So I was able to find this thread on the NX sub forum. Sounds like we do have the capability of horizontal adjustment but I can't figure it out. Any advice?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...d-threads.html
You can adjust front-back on my 2017 200t F Sport.

The adjustment is ratcheting and you can only push the headrest forward, I believe 4 or 5 clicks. Once it's pushed forward fully, you can reset it to the rearmost position by pushing it past the last click.

I'm assuming it's the same on the prior model years, unless they actually don't have adjustable headrests.

Last edited by m1919; 11-22-19 at 03:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (11-25-19)
Old 11-22-19, 05:09 AM
PJSnow
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by m1919
You can adjust front-back on my 2017 200t F Sport.

The adjustment is ratcheting and you can only push the headrest forward, I believe 4 or 5 clicks. Once it's pushed forward fully, you can reset it to the rearmost position by pushing it past the last click.

I'm assuming it's the same on the prior model years, unless they actually don't have adjustable headrests.
Thanks! I'll be trying this later today.
Old 11-25-19, 08:44 AM
DarthLex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why after 4 years of existence is the turbo platform not receiving any real aftermarket support? Negun shows universal turbos from GReddy and HKS but cannot find anything to support that. Also do you think the 2.0 Supra will help open the doors for the 2.0 Lexus turbo?
Old 11-25-19, 08:49 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Here's one -- volume control. Sometimes media will play at a good volume level around 25-30, but other times I have to go well over 40 to get the same level. One time I found that by switching between media and radio and changing the volume that it would change, but there seems to be no pattern to it. Either it plays pretty loud around 30 or it takes at least 10 higher to be even close.
Old 11-25-19, 08:58 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 158 Posts

It does depend on what sound source you're playing. I believe it is normal. My MB CLA was the same. Turn it up!
Old 11-25-19, 09:02 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Point is, it changes. I can have it playing media well at 25-30, switch to radio, then switch back to media and it drops in volume significantly, to where I have to kick it up to 45 to get the same level. There's no consistency, it's either booming or quiet.
Old 11-25-19, 09:22 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
Point is, it changes. I can have it playing media well at 25-30, switch to radio, then switch back to media and it drops in volume significantly, to where I have to kick it up to 45 to get the same level. There's no consistency, it's either booming or quiet.
That's really odd. No idea on this one. Someone with more knowledge will chime in.
Old 11-25-19, 09:31 AM
RKSTRAT
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD

I have a similar issue (2017 IS300 FSport). I think the iPhone bluetooth is loudest, then the radio....with iPhone calls being very low volume (even with phone on full volume).

BTW, I have had instances where the iPhone music seemed low.....but it turned out that the volume was down on the iPhone itself.
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (11-25-19)

Quick Reply: 3IS Simple/"Dumb" Questions Thread - Ask away and get answers!