IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

3IS Simple/"Dumb" Questions Thread - Ask away and get answers!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-20, 06:09 PM
GNS
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Napalvr
My 15 AWD has the same cap
Thanks, I'm just paranoid.
Old 09-29-20, 04:27 AM
MGa
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by clintong
Hey all,
The download centre removes updates for older models even though they mention updates for 2014 and beyond?
https://securedp.lexus.com/download-...division=lexus

I am unable to update my IS250 2014
Is there any way of updating? I am located in Melbourne Aus
I just noticed the same thing.

Or does anyone have the files for a 2013(2014 model) IS350 with navigation?
Old 09-29-20, 08:42 PM
RX10
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

On a maintenance report what is the meaning of “yellow” brakes or tires? I’m assuming it means the brakes or tires are nearing time to replace? Thanks for any clarification.
Old 09-30-20, 04:00 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by RX10
On a maintenance report what is the meaning of “yellow” brakes or tires? I’m assuming it means the brakes or tires are nearing time to replace? Thanks for any clarification.
You would be correct.
Old 09-30-20, 05:10 AM
RX10
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Thank you for clarifying!
Old 12-03-20, 06:21 PM
PJSnow
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 40 Posts

Figured this is the place for this question (or maybe there’s an oil change thread I missed?) but does anyone change the oil drain plug gasket at each oil change? I found part number 9043012031 but not sure what interval it should be changed.
Old 12-04-20, 05:36 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PJSnow
Figured this is the place for this question (or maybe there’s an oil change thread I missed?) but does anyone change the oil drain plug gasket at each oil change? I found part number 9043012031 but not sure what interval it should be changed.
It is recommended to change it at every oil change...in reality not everyone does, and really the gasket can be reused twice for sure.
The downside is that if you reuse it and then need to replace it cause it's leaking, then you gotta take the drain plug out, which then means all the new oil is coming out too.
Old 12-04-20, 05:51 AM
PJSnow
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
It is recommended to change it at every oil change...in reality not everyone does, and really the gasket can be reused twice for sure.
The downside is that if you reuse it and then need to replace it cause it's leaking, then you gotta take the drain plug out, which then means all the new oil is coming out too.
I agree having to replace after the fact is a pain but I actually have never had this gasket on other vehicles. In fact, my old 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, that I changed the oil on countless times, never had a gasket and never leaked from the drain plug. Maybe the bolt flange had an adequate seal with the oil pan surface? But I doubt that... most likely the threads stopped any potential leaks. I expect most vehicles perform similarly but Toyota probably adds redundancy.
The only reason I ask is I'm changing the oil in the 3IS and I didn't realize I ran out of those gaskets... I'll have to get a new bag soon but I wanted to make sure there wouldn't be an issue for reuse on this one oil change. Thanks for confirming @Sasnuke !
Old 12-04-20, 11:55 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Hate to ask, but I'm just not finding any information anywhere, including the owners manual.

So on a 2020 IS350 F-Sport without nav, how does one delete a preset radio station? Also, same for a preset XM station?

Third, when scrolling through the preset stations, it always gets hung up on the 16th station (it is XM). That is, I can no longer scroll beyond it unless I pause for moment and quickly double hit the scroll button. Then it passes beyond to station #17 (also XM). What is causing this blockage and how can I eliminate it?

Thanks.
Old 12-07-20, 11:04 AM
3isNYC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would a 2is Seibon hood fit on a 3is?
Old 12-07-20, 11:18 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 3isNYC
Would a 2is Seibon hood fit on a 3is?
No...the 2IS hood is different.
Old 12-07-20, 11:33 AM
Zoomzoom1
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have an ultra white 3IS and I like the look of the black side view mirrors but NOT carbon fiber. I know some wrap their mirrors but can I just get obsidian black mirror covers from Lexus and just switch out my white ones. Should be the same effect right? I got the roof wrapped not too long.
Old 12-07-20, 12:47 PM
ownnij
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah you can totally do that but the cost might be not worth. black gloss vinyl would be the most cost effective and a way more easier install/uninstall process.
Old 12-07-20, 12:49 PM
ownnij
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

plus there is always a chance you may crack the mirror during the process... that would totally suck. i was changing out one of my mirror bulbs during the winter and i guess the cold makes the glass super sensitive and i ended up cracking one. luckily i was able to find one for like 30 bucks at a local junk yard but just letting you know those things normally dont go for that cheap.
Old 12-07-20, 01:35 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Hate to ask, but I'm just not finding any information anywhere, including the owners manual.

So on a 2020 IS350 F-Sport without nav, how does one delete a preset radio station? Also, same for a preset XM station?

Third, when scrolling through the preset stations, it always gets hung up on the 16th station (it is XM). That is, I can no longer scroll beyond it unless I pause for moment and quickly double hit the scroll button. Then it passes beyond to station #17 (also XM). What is causing this blockage and how can I eliminate it?

Thanks.
I just know on my 14 with nav all that takes place in the settings within your Infotainment.

I'm sure highly likely the same with yours..
You can change the number of preset radio stations you have, clear the preset data, or if you just want to override you don't have to go into settings.
Youll find what you need in the audio settings in there. When I bought my car it had an absurdly high amount of preset stations so I limited it down the like 12 I think I reset them all to what I wanted after clearing the stations that were in there.
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (12-07-20)

Quick Reply: 3IS Simple/"Dumb" Questions Thread - Ask away and get answers!