IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

3IS Simple/"Dumb" Questions Thread - Ask away and get answers!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-20, 02:15 PM
ThunderOne
Driver School Candidate

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello, I'm new here and ready to ask a dumb question about the Dynamic Handling Package.

For anyone that has driven/owns the 2021 F Sport, is there a big difference between Sport and Sport +? I ask because the F Sport comes standard with the Sport setting I believe, but for Sport+ and "dynamic suspension" (which I am guessing is some kind of magnetic shock absorber setup) you have to have the Dynamic Handling Package. I am also confused as to what the real difference is. Is the ECU tuned more aggressively, or does it just change the shift points? Does any of this even matter if in manu-matic mode? Are the shocks non-adjustable for the models without the DHP?

I would get the Dynamic Handling Package, however that option doesn't let you choose the option for black/white seats, only black/black and red/black, which is a huge bummer as I like the look of the white seats. The rims don't really matter to me as I'd probably swap them anyways.

Thanks!
Old 12-07-20, 10:35 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by HOMER350
I just know on my 14 with nav all that takes place in the settings within your Infotainment.

I'm sure highly likely the same with yours..
You can change the number of preset radio stations you have, clear the preset data, or if you just want to override you don't have to go into settings.
Youll find what you need in the audio settings in there. When I bought my car it had an absurdly high amount of preset stations so I limited it down the like 12 I think I reset them all to what I wanted after clearing the stations that were in there.
Thank you.
Do you know how you actually cleared the stations? That is the part I am not seeing or finding in the owner's manual or once in the radio settings.
Old 12-10-20, 01:03 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,891 Likes on 1,965 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderOne
Hello, I'm new here and ready to ask a dumb question about the Dynamic Handling Package.

For anyone that has driven/owns the 2021 F Sport, is there a big difference between Sport and Sport +? I ask because the F Sport comes standard with the Sport setting I believe, but for Sport+ and "dynamic suspension" (which I am guessing is some kind of magnetic shock absorber setup) you have to have the Dynamic Handling Package. I am also confused as to what the real difference is. Is the ECU tuned more aggressively, or does it just change the shift points? Does any of this even matter if in manu-matic mode? Are the shocks non-adjustable for the models without the DHP?

I would get the Dynamic Handling Package, however that option doesn't let you choose the option for black/white seats, only black/black and red/black, which is a huge bummer as I like the look of the white seats. The rims don't really matter to me as I'd probably swap them anyways.

Thanks!
The only difference I know of between Sport and Sport+, at least on pre-2021 models, is the adaptive suspension. I suspect this is still true for 2021. The suspension should come across a bit firmer in the Sport+ mode. I could definitely tell a difference in the amount of body roll between Sport and Sport+ when I have driven cars with it.

The throttle mapping between Sport and Sport+ is probably similar, though I haven't driven anything newer than a 2018. I didn't notice any difference in throttle between Sport and Sport+ at the time. With manual shift mode, I have never noticed a difference across the various modes either.
Old 01-16-21, 11:01 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Question How Do You DELETE &/or Remove Preset Radio Stations?

Time for another dumb/stupid question after googling, reading the manual, & searching this forum... does any1 know how to Delete &/or Remove Preset Radio Stations, as opposed to just overwriting them? Thx!!

Last edited by LaZeR; 01-17-21 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-16-21, 11:05 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
... how does one delete a preset radio station? Also, same for a preset XM station? ...
Originally Posted by HOMER350
... When I bought my car it had an absurdly high amount of preset stations so I limited it down the like 12 I think I reset them all to what I wanted after clearing the stations that were in there.
Thank you. Do you know how you actually cleared the stations? That is the part I am not seeing or finding in the owner's manual or once in the radio settings.
Ya also can't figure this out... did a new post above.

Last edited by LaZeR; 01-16-21 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-16-21, 11:07 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by LaZeR
Ya can't find this either... did a new post above.
Oddly, this question does not seem to have an answer anywhere online. I will ask my dealer on my next service, but I have a feeling they won't know.
Old 01-16-21, 11:51 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Oddly, this question does not seem to have an answer anywhere online. I will ask my dealer on my next service, but I have a feeling they won't know.
On a different note does any1 know if there's a way to MOVE preset stations up / down?

Last edited by LaZeR; 01-17-21 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-26-21, 08:34 AM
Racer00J
Intermediate

Received 264 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Headlights

I've been curious about this but was never able to figure it out on my own.

I've seen some early 3rd gens (2014-'16) with both single projectors and some with dual (in single housing) projectors. I've seen this variation among both F Sport and non F Sport models. Can anybody clue me in on why this is? See image/attachment for reference.

Old 01-26-21, 11:17 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer00J
I've been curious about this but was never able to figure it out on my own.

I've seen some early 3rd gens (2014-'16) with both single projectors and some with dual (in single housing) projectors. I've seen this variation among both F Sport and non F Sport models. Can anybody clue me in on why this is? See image/attachment for reference.
The difference is what kind of headlight it is...single projector is HID and dual projector is LED.
Depending on package and country of destination depends on what you got.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sasnuke:
arentz07 (01-26-21), Racer00J (01-27-21)
Old 01-27-21, 06:26 AM
Racer00J
Intermediate

Received 264 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
...single projector is HID and dual projector is LED...
That's what I was overlooking. Appreciate the info. Thanks
Old 02-01-21, 01:11 PM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Common problems?
F Sport front pad and rotors fast wear. 10-18,000 miles is average. Normal. High performance/high wear. Some install alternative pads to get low wear, low dust.
61,000 on mine and counting. About to pop in a set of EBC yellow stuff in the next few days. Mostly highway driving.
Old 02-01-21, 01:41 PM
MCR
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nitroracer
61,000 on mine and counting. About to pop in a set of EBC yellow stuff in the next few days. Mostly highway driving.
My first set only lasted 15k miles rotors and pads, was gonna switch but tried oem again. Next 15k miles and pads were only lil more than half worn. No change in driving style so idk what happened.
Old 02-01-21, 02:35 PM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by MCR
My first set only lasted 15k miles rotors and pads, was gonna switch but tried oem again. Next 15k miles and pads were only lil more than half worn. No change in driving style so idk what happened.
City driving?
Old 02-01-21, 03:39 PM
MCR
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nitroracer
City driving?
80% highway ,15% of which was stop and go. The 30k checkup was less than 1000 miles into its current no commute life.
Old 02-02-21, 08:17 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,891 Likes on 1,965 Posts

If you have an AWD IS F Sport, you get the same brake pads as a non-F-Sport. Only the RWD models get semi-metallic pads, which have accelerated wear.

Quick Reply: 3IS Simple/"Dumb" Questions Thread - Ask away and get answers!