IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Suspension IS350 Executive vs IS350 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-18, 07:21 AM
lexuscanuk
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Suspension IS350 Executive vs IS350 Sport

Hi, I have a 2014 IS350 executive and wanted to have same suspension set up as the f-sport:

1.- I only need to buy oem IS350 f-sport suspension (shocks and springs only) to have the same handling ride? (of course no F-sport Plus mode)

2.- Would the handling be almost the same since the f-sport have adaptive variable suspension and mine would not?

I did not want a drop or no camber kit or spacers or balljoints etc.. since its all the same?. I just wanted the F-sport handling characteristics without getting all the headeaches of tire wear, balljoints going etc etc.
Thanks.
Old 07-18-18, 05:08 PM
Jay89
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

While I can not answer your questions, but rather a suggestion. Why not buy a set of nice coilovers then adjust it to near factory height?
Old 07-18-18, 07:43 PM
jnesss
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

i always drive in sport+ and honestly, i don't think it feels all that sporty. i'd had previously lowered vehicles and those felt great.

i'd definitely go for a subtle setup with an aftermarket setup. oem is going to be pricey and disapointing.
Old 07-18-18, 08:47 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

Based on your specific needs, it does seem that coilivers ara your best pick. These can be height adjusted, and even damper adjusted. Some are able to be adjusted electronically from inside your car.
Old 07-19-18, 11:28 AM
lexuscanuk
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, that's the comments/suggestions i was looking for. The reason that I wanted to go with stock F-sport setup was because I was trying to avoid what happened to me with my old Acura TL back in the day. Where I just change the spring and ruined tires even after the alignment, then the shocks went and then put new shocks (and another alignment) then the ball joints started going. Then bought camber kit and new alignment and the car still not felt the same.

I guess then the coilovers would be it but if I don't drop it maybe I would not be getting my money's worth which is what I don't want to do. aahahhhh. Anyways, gotta think about this one some more and maybe test drive the F-sport of my year and see if I feel the ride change will be worth it.

thanks guys.
Old 07-19-18, 11:44 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

I can almost guarantee you that you won’t feel a difference because the F Sport at least here in the US doesn’t come with actual F Sport springs, it’s just “tuned” stock suspension. You can buy the F Sport springs and it drops it a little then maybe you’ll feel a little difference.
Old 07-19-18, 12:39 PM
Jay89
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuscanuk
Thanks, that's the comments/suggestions i was looking for. The reason that I wanted to go with stock F-sport setup was because I was trying to avoid what happened to me with my old Acura TL back in the day. Where I just change the spring and ruined tires even after the alignment, then the shocks went and then put new shocks (and another alignment) then the ball joints started going. Then bought camber kit and new alignment and the car still not felt the same.

I guess then the coilovers would be it but if I don't drop it maybe I would not be getting my money's worth which is what I don't want to do. aahahhhh. Anyways, gotta think about this one some more and maybe test drive the F-sport of my year and see if I feel the ride change will be worth it.

thanks guys.
Haha, I've been through a similar process with one of my old cars. In the end, I realized that when you buy a nice set of coilovers, you're not buying it for its ability to lower the car. Even ****ty cheap ones can do that, but you're paying the extra money for the better spring rates, dampening, and overall build quality of the product. The lowering is just a bonus.
Old 07-19-18, 01:26 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
I can almost guarantee you that you won’t feel a difference because the F Sport at least here in the US doesn’t come with actual F Sport springs, it’s just “tuned” stock suspension. You can buy the F Sport springs and it drops it a little then maybe you’ll feel a little difference.
Also, without AVS, you won't get the stiffer dampening in Sport+ mode so it'll still feel soft.