IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

RR Racing Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) limited time $20 discount

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-18, 10:10 AM
MacroZed
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5

Idk just based off his responses seems like he just cares about money and selling which of course when you have a business is a good thing but the way you go about it is something different and he gives off an unprofessional and arrogant tone. RR Racing may be a good brand, but just based of his responses it doesn’t make me want to buy from them. Calling Lexus oem parts crap just because they do not do the same thing as your product isn’t very professional. Clearly Lexus went with soft bushing to increase comfort they could have made the bushing super stiff and then you’d have people complaining it’s too stiff. They opted for soft and I’m sure that caused less complaints then going for stiff bushings. Just my honest opinion no hard feelings.
I never bought anything from RR, but I feel the same way. And I am not here to talk ***** about them....

I, however, was in manufacturing, and I can tell you that the cost to produce these couldn't possibly exceed $100 for the pair. I realize that he farms out the bushing to Energy Suspension, and he may or may not do the CNC work on the bracket in-house, but the asking price for these things are quite high. One could claim that there is a lot of R&D involved, but did it really? Energy already did their R&D to formulate the bushing material.....the bracket is just a beefed up version of OEM.

Again, I am not here to talk crap about his business....but the fact that they wouldn't come off 15-20% for a GB is a little annoying.
I am going to order the RCF bushings. $110 for a pair is worthwhile to me.

Last edited by MacroZed; 09-06-18 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-06-18, 10:12 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by MacroZed
I never bought anything from RR, but I feel the same way. And I am not here to talk ***** about them....

I, however, was in manufacturing, and I can tell you that the cost to produce these couldn't possibly exceed $100 for the pair. I realize that he farms out the bushing to Energy Suspension, and he may or may not do the CNC work on the bracket in-house, but the asking price for these things are quite high. One could claim that there is a lot of R&R involved, but did it really? Energy already did their R&R to formulate the bushing material.....the bracket is just a beefed up version of OEM.

Again, I am not here to talk crap about his business....but the fact that they wouldn't come off 15-20% for a GB is a little annoying.
I am going to order the RCF bushings. $110 for a pair is worthwhile to me.
Let us know how the RCF bushings do with the inner tire wear whenever you get enough miles on them please. I’m trying to see what the best option will be.
Old 09-06-18, 10:16 AM
MacroZed
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Let us know how the RCF bushings do with the inner tire wear whenever you get enough miles on them please. I’m trying to see what the best option will be.

Roger that.

The following 2 users liked this post by MacroZed:
Flash5 (09-06-18), nan88 (09-06-18)
Old 09-06-18, 10:22 AM
JNP1227
Advanced

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by dteskmo
SuperPro makes the bushings that FIGS sells. I bought a set of 90 durometer bushings and had them pressed into the OEM housings (unlike FIGS, they don't sell them installed in housings). I find they have a lot less NVH then the RR Racing bushings (which I ran for over a year before selling), cost a LOT less, and still correct the inner tire wear problem. Couldn't be happier!

How many more miles do you think you will get out of your front tires (street use) now that you had replaced the OEM bushings ? It seems most members get around 15k out of the fronts with OEM.
Old 09-06-18, 10:27 AM
ZISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dteskmo
SuperPro makes the bushings that FIGS sells. I bought a set of 90 durometer bushings and had them pressed into the OEM housings (unlike FIGS, they don't sell them installed in housings). I find they have a lot less NVH then the RR Racing bushings (which I ran for over a year before selling), cost a LOT less, and still correct the inner tire wear problem. Couldn't be happier!
Can you provide the link where you bought them in canada?

Old 09-06-18, 10:32 AM
dteskmo
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

@dteskmo Also would you happen to have a link for those?
Sure thing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Contr...0AAOSwdudbhKwp

The part number is SPF3491-90K (same for 2IS and 3IS). Here is a link to the SuperPro page:

https://superpro.com.au/find/superpr...999500451/vid-
Old 09-06-18, 10:39 AM
dteskmo
Driver

Originally Posted by ZISF
Can you provide the link where you bought them in canada?
Here you go:

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from...1-90K&_sacat=0

All four listings are the same part. I paid a little less than the current price.
Old 09-06-18, 10:43 AM
dteskmo
Driver

Originally Posted by JNP1227
How many more miles do you think you will get out of your front tires (street use) now that you had replaced the OEM bushings ? It seems most members get around 15k out of the fronts with OEM.
I have no idea to be honest. I hate the OEM Turanzas so will probably replace them before they are worn out.
Old 09-06-18, 10:46 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,400 Likes on 642 Posts

Idk just based off his responses seems like he just cares about money and selling which of course when you have a business is a good thing but the way you go about it is something different and he gives off an unprofessional and arrogant tone. RR Racing may be a good brand, but just based of his responses it doesn’t make me want to buy from them. Calling Lexus oem parts crap just because they do not do the same thing as your product isn’t very professional. Clearly Lexus went with soft bushing to increase comfort they could have made the bushing super stiff and then you’d have people complaining it’s too stiff. They opted for soft and I’m sure that caused less complaints then going for stiff bushings. Just my honest opinion no hard feelings.

Sorry feelings were hurt, that's not my intension.

That said, I call the Lexus OEM LCA bushings crap because they are CRAP. Even experienced Lexus techs will tell you about all the uneven tire wear issues they have because of that oem LCA design. We have actually had a few Lexus dealers install our USRS on customer cars for free just to solve customer inner tire wear problems and keep folks happy.

We have sold HUNDREDS of the USRS's, and we simply do not get any complaints about harshness. If we did, we would make a softer bushing option, but its just not something we ever hear about. So I'd be really impressed if someone could feel the difference in NVH between a superpro bushing and ours.

I'm sorry we cant offer 20% off and all the disappointment that causes. I know how hard we work to keep the prices down and I'm surprised about comments like "it should cost $100 to make, because I know how ridiculous that is. Let me assure you, we are certainly not getting rich here selling to you all. If anyone on here can CNC our brackets and other components than go into the USRS for $100, PM me and I'll place an order with your tomorrow, lol

Last time we had a GB on the USRS, only about 1/2 the folks paid within a week. We had to chase after the rest, and then 2 months after the GM was over we would get complaints from people seeing the GB and wanting the GB price!

Again, I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings by calling OEM Lexus LCA bushings "crap" and I'm really sorry that we cant sell you the USRS for $110

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 09-06-18 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-06-18, 11:34 AM
nan88
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Last edited by nan88; 03-14-20 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-06-18, 11:38 AM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by nan88
Oh dear, it seems we are doubling down.
"Sorry, but not sorry", very professional.

haha. Not that I have a dog in this fight. But with our current administration in office, They have set a trend where people can pretty much say what ever they want. P.S. I do plan to buy the USRS steering feel is pet peeve of mine.
Old 09-06-18, 11:49 AM
nan88
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by highrev6
haha. Not that I have a dog in this fight. But with our current administration in office, They have set a trend where people can pretty much say what ever they want. P.S. I do plan to buy the USRS steering feel is pet peeve of mine.
Congrats, on the decision!
I don't have a problem with the product, but welcome the potential innovation.
I'm just disappointed the response from RRRacing after I offered alternatives to the community for bushings.
If RRRacing decides its $20off, then its $20off. Not a single problem with that.
Old 09-06-18, 12:01 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Eh, not willing to pay a company like that $350. Thanks for the excuses though RR Racing.
Old 09-06-18, 12:47 PM
yohan81718
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nan88
Oh dear, it seems we are doubling down, despite the response from the thread.
"Sorry, but not sorry", its a great way to generate good PR and remain very professional.
ouch
(didn't know 10 letter minimum requirement to post a reply)
Old 09-06-18, 02:37 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,400 Likes on 642 Posts

Just to answer any question about what makes our USRS bushing design superior to stock and conventional replacement bushings... I’d be happy to answer if there are any further technical questions:

Quick Reply: RR Racing Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) limited time $20 discount