IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

RR Racing Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) limited time $20 discount

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-18, 02:38 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,400 Likes on 642 Posts

Just to answer any question about what makes our USRS bushing design superior to stock and conventional replacement bushings... I’d be happy to answer if there are any further technical questions:

And a short vid:

Old 09-07-18, 03:53 AM
OneFastF
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
Eh, not willing to pay a company like that $350. Thanks for the excuses though RR Racing.
After accidentally subbing to the wrong forum, this is completely absurd that everyone is calling RRracing's products "expensive" first of all. No one I mean NO ONE does mods for Lexus like RRracing, I own an IS F and modding ia very limited. This is the ONLY company currently who offers a supercharger kit for the car, they CRACKED the ECU... (Also have you seen the cost of exhaust and headers from Novel)??? 2k+ for an exhaust???, why is that???) This number of F cars produces is not a lot, and RRracing is not big... Not big at all. (Generally everything is just more expensive for Lexus becauss its Lexus) Like how Porsche is expensive because Porsche.

The Bushings I have not tried myself so I have no way to crticize it. $350 for them. Well I can tell you right now, this isn't really expensive R&D, Man Hours, Quantity all comes into play. Im seeing at Least 30% mark up for sales. (Imo thats not a lot, but hey I also manufacture own goods in the industry)

​​​​​​​Before you say I kiss there ***, I'll tell you... I don't. I don't have a single product from them on my car. They are genuinely growing the Lexus Aftermarket opportunity, thats it.

Bottom Line:
​​​​​​
He's providing all the specifications to there Product with stats ( Excuses?) , and you are here having issues about the NVH stiffness and cost? Come on man, Lexus sells OEM parts for a fortune like those OEM badges and little hood "popper clips" cost a lot for what they are.

Also get them used if you would like. That's my suggestion, once RRracing grows or sees competition expect less costs. It's an option you have, you are not forced to buy.
The following 6 users liked this post by OneFastF:
highrev6 (09-07-18), JWIS350 (09-07-18), minhael (09-07-18), osiriskidd (09-08-18), RC350s (09-17-18), RRRacing (09-07-18) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-07-18, 05:31 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by OneFastF
After accidentally subbing to the wrong forum, this is completely absurd that everyone is calling RRracing's products "expensive" first of all. No one I mean NO ONE does mods for Lexus like RRracing, I own an IS F and modding ia very limited. This is the ONLY company currently who offers a supercharger kit for the car, they CRACKED the ECU... (Also have you seen the cost of exhaust and headers from Novel)??? 2k+ for an exhaust???, why is that???) This number of F cars produces is not a lot, and RRracing is not big... Not big at all. (Generally everything is just more expensive for Lexus becauss its Lexus) Like how Porsche is expensive because Porsche.

The Bushings I have not tried myself so I have no way to crticize it. $350 for them. Well I can tell you right now, this isn't really expensive R&D, Man Hours, Quantity all comes into play. Im seeing at Least 30% mark up for sales. (Imo thats not a lot, but hey I also manufacture own goods in the industry)

Before you say I kiss there ***, I'll tell you... I don't. I don't have a single product from them on my car. They are genuinely growing the Lexus Aftermarket opportunity, thats it.

Bottom Line:
​​​​​​
He's providing all the specifications to there Product with stats ( Excuses?) , and you are here having issues about the NVH stiffness and cost? Come on man, Lexus sells OEM parts for a fortune like those OEM badges and little hood "popper clips" cost a lot for what they are.

Also get them used if you would like. That's my suggestion, once RRracing grows or sees competition expect less costs. It's an option you have, you are not forced to buy.
You got it all wrong champ, I never said they were too expensive. I said I don’t want to give RR Racing my hard earned $350. This was supposed to be a group buy had it happened they would have had my money already. The responses we got on here from RR Racing (who based off their supercharger work I assumed were a professional company) were unprofessional in my opinion and therefore I’ll spend my $350 elsewhere. Bottom line is I’m not questioning their quality just their professionalism based off what I saw in this thread. I really was looking forward to the USRS before this whole thing I love performance upgrades and don’t really care for comfort all that much.
Old 09-07-18, 06:17 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,276 Likes on 1,383 Posts

OK folks, let's level set.

The Group Buy was started WITHOUT first involving the vendor to get their support, and frankly that's on the thread starter and you should not hold that against RR Racing. As soon as I saw the thread, that was my immediate concern and unfortunately quickly became a valid one - it's it's even in our rules (below) to avoid situations like this...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...faq_group_buys
Group Buys, Bulk Sales and Gathering Interest Posts
Group Buys (GB) or bulk sales are allowed ONLY in conjunction with a Club Lexus authorized vendor. ‘Gathering interest’ posts for group buys or new products are also not allowed without the prior support of an authorized Club Lexus vendor which can be coordinated directly through the vendor or requested of moderators or the forum administrator. Linking to group buys sponsored by non-CLUB LEXUS vendors or on other sites/forums is not allowed.

Inappropriate GB posts will be promptly closed or removed without notice.
You floated pricing and discounts without first discussing it with RRR, and that is not remotely fair to them from a business perspective and puts them in a very bad position. They're still offering a discount which is nice of them IMO.

I don't see any issue with professionalism. They are not insulting anyone here; they have a perspective that they've developed a good product to replace (their personal expert opinion) an OEM part that doesn't perform as it should. If you personally have a different belief and don't like poly bushings or like OEM, that's fine too - you don't have to agree and you clearly don't have to use their parts. As discussed there are several alternatives. RR believes their replacement is a better product and many have had great results with it. They've posted their perspective on why they think theirs is better and why they don't like the OEM part. That's it - if you're reading more into it than that and taking offense to their sharing their thoughts on what product works best and believing in their own offering, I suggest moving on from this thread.

Let's get this thread back on topic of the bushings.
The following 3 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
Gsr3is (09-07-18), highrev6 (09-07-18), hotsaw11 (09-07-18)
Old 09-07-18, 06:29 AM
Burrcold
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
OK folks, let's level set.

The Group Buy was started WITHOUT first involving the vendor to get their support, and frankly that's on the thread starter and you should not hold that against RR Racing. As soon as I saw the thread, that was my immediate concern and unfortunately quickly became a valid one - it's it's even in our rules (below) to avoid situations like this...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...faq_group_buys

You floated pricing and discounts without first discussing it with RRR, and that is not remotely fair to them from a business perspective and puts them in a very bad position. They're still offering a discount which is nice of them IMO.

I don't see any issue with professionalism. They are not insulting anyone here; they have a perspective that they've developed a good product to replace (their personal expert opinion) an OEM part that doesn't perform as it should. If you personally have a different belief and don't like poly bushings or like OEM, that's fine too - you don't have to agree and you clearly don't have to use their parts. As discussed there are several alternatives. RR believes their replacement is a better product and many have had great results with it. They've posted their perspective on why they think theirs is better and why they don't like the OEM part. That's it - if you're reading more into it than that and taking offense to their sharing their thoughts on what product works best and believing in their own offering, I suggest moving on from this thread.

Let's get this thread back on topic of the bushings.
Excellent response.
Old 09-07-18, 06:54 AM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

count me in to! if it’s not too late lol
Old 09-07-18, 06:58 AM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by jmull3r
count me in to! if it’s not too late lol

I’m planning on having my local mod shop install the RRR fr&rr BBK, USRS bushings and adjustable camber control arms all at once in a week or so. I’ll take the $20 off too.
Old 09-07-18, 07:09 AM
ZISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4

Just to set the record straight. I sincerely apologize to RRRacing, the thread and the admin members. I was just doing research on the bushings and came across a previous group buy. I thought I'd bring to light the previous group buy and hopefully get the interest of RR to do another group buy with over 20 people interested. I had zero interest in floating pricing on behalf of RRR but rather just mention that I noticed what they offered in the past. I made some assumptions that if they did it in the past they will do it again, that's my mistake and take full ownership for it. It's why this forum has rules, that I didn't read. *smh*
The following users liked this post:
DaveGS4 (09-07-18)
Old 09-07-18, 07:17 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZISF
Just to set the record straight. I sincerely apologize to RRRacing, the thread and the admin members. I was just doing research on the bushings and came across a previous group buy. I thought I'd bring to light the previous group buy and hopefully get the interest of RR to do another group buy with over 20 people interested. I had zero interest in floating pricing on behalf of RRR but rather just mention that I noticed what they offered in the past. I made some assumptions that if they did it in the past they will do it again, that's my mistake and take full ownership for it. It's why this forum has rules, that I didn't read. *smh*
No worries! I totally understand people wanting to get the best price possible. We are genuinely trying to do that. Please take advantage of the discount code until end of month.

Big thanks to everyone who is ordering from us!

Rafi

Old 09-07-18, 09:48 AM
chinox22x
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

so back on topic

i was looking at old threads for the inner tire wear, it seems it's more prevalent on the RWD than the AWD? for anyone who have them installed on an AWD with a lot of mileage on them, would you consider this to be beneficial or it's more of a "can do without it" type of modification.
Old 09-08-18, 06:05 PM
Mike_1GO
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

i have used poly bushings in the past and the reason i refuse to use them ever again is they squeak when temperatures drop. specifically speaking, energy suspension sway bar bushings. if others don't mind having to re-grease bushings ever so often, then this might be a good choice otherwise the OEM GSF/RCF LCA bushings is where id put my money. just my 2 cents, but living in the northeast, i wouldn't bother using poly bushings anywhere.
The following users liked this post:
is250fspor (10-11-18)
Old 09-08-18, 08:12 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike_1GO
i have used poly bushings in the past and the reason i refuse to use them ever again is they squeak when temperatures drop. specifically speaking, energy suspension sway bar bushings. if others don't mind having to re-grease bushings ever so often, then this might be a good choice otherwise the OEM GSF/RCF LCA bushings is where id put my money. just my 2 cents, but living in the northeast, i wouldn't bother using poly bushings anywhere.
Mike, it’s frustrating for me to read your recommendation when you have no experience with our product. We have sold many hundreds of these over the past couple of years. So these bushings have been out there for a while without issues. The only reason to hear any squeaking noise from this bushing is improper preload adjustment or not torqueing the spindle retaining nut to spec.

Otherwise we have customers using our USRS since we released them 3 years ago, without ever re-lubing, squeeking, or issues of any kind, even in the northeast... which happens to be were we are located. The USRS is a very well tested and proven product.

Rafi

Last edited by RRRacing; 09-09-18 at 05:26 AM.
Old 09-09-18, 11:43 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by chinox22x
so back on topic

i was looking at old threads for the inner tire wear, it seems it's more prevalent on the RWD than the AWD? for anyone who have them installed on an AWD with a lot of mileage on them, would you consider this to be beneficial or it's more of a "can do without it" type of modification.
Theoretically yes, it is less prevalent on a AWD vehicles since the front wheels aren't dragging while accelerating. However during braking or turning it is just as prevalent as RWD vehicles. It really depends on how you drive but there are many cases where people who drive like a grandma and have the inner wear as well.

I currently have 5k miles on my RWD IS350 F Sport with USRS and have zero signs of front toe wear. Prior to installing the USRS my factory tires lasted approximately 18k miles with metals showing. I would check the tires very often as I have seen AWD owners with same issue..

*Despite of what some others have said, the harder bushing will fix the front inner tire wear issue. And for those who are interested in the RCF bushing, it will not fix the problem as RCF's also have front inner tire wear issue.

I wouldn't recommend these or any other bushings if you drive in a dirt road or have "extremely" bad road conditions as the initial impulse would bit harsher than the stock bushing. But if you are the other 90% of people who are driving in the normal roads, it is highly recommended. Saving tire life alone would pay for the bushing on the long run (in this case < 18k miles).
Old 09-09-18, 03:28 PM
chinox22x
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jkonquer
Theoretically yes, it is less prevalent on a AWD vehicles since the front wheels aren't dragging while accelerating. However during braking or turning it is just as prevalent as RWD vehicles. It really depends on how you drive but there are many cases where people who drive like a grandma and have the inner wear as well.

I currently have 5k miles on my RWD IS350 F Sport with USRS and have zero signs of front toe wear. Prior to installing the USRS my factory tires lasted approximately 18k miles with metals showing. I would check the tires very often as I have seen AWD owners with same issue..

*Despite of what some others have said, the harder bushing will fix the front inner tire wear issue. And for those who are interested in the RCF bushing, it will not fix the problem as RCF's also have front inner tire wear issue.

I wouldn't recommend these or any other bushings if you drive in a dirt road or have "extremely" bad road conditions as the initial impulse would bit harsher than the stock bushing. But if you are the other 90% of people who are driving in the normal roads, it is highly recommended. Saving tire life alone would pay for the bushing on the long run (in this case < 18k miles).
thanks, that makes sense. I will probably purchase these soon once my headers, springs and exhaust are installed this week.
Old 09-09-18, 05:07 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

I’m going RC-F bushings then if that’s not good enough going the FIGS route.

Quick Reply: RR Racing Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) limited time $20 discount