IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

RR Racing Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) limited time $20 discount

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-18, 05:30 PM
nan88
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
I’m going RC-F bushings then if that’s not good enough going the FIGS route.
Im considering the FIGS route now, since they have the cross-hatching on the interior to retain the grease and prevent noise.
There are several members vouching on the FIGS thread about no extra NVH but I would assess where you drive most of the time.
Last thing you want is to make your daily driving car a conditional car for conditional roads.
Try out the grade 80 bushing from them, it is claimed to be much milder.

FIGS was transparent about their supplier so you can get the bushings directly without them if you can find a 10-ton press to press them into your stock brackets lol.
They were for a time, ordering Lexus bushings and replacing them with the superpro ones.
I'm not sure if they are still Lexus brackets.
Thinking of buying the PPE downpipe along with the bushings from them.

Here's a RCF bushing review from Jeff - CL Mod
Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Steering feel doesn't change much under normal driving, but steering feel under heavy braking is improved. I've never had any tire wear issues, so I haven't seen any change there. Still happy with the performance of the bushings. No complaints.

They're probably/definitely not as stiff as the FIGS bushings, so take that for what it's worth if you're considering changing them out.

They're just the correct option for a car like mine.

Jeff
Here's another:

Originally Posted by Yinzer
Thanks Jeff.

EDIT: I just installed the RC-F bushings and I am very pleased. Bolts all broke without and fuss. Total time was only 2 hours, even though I was taking my time.

I really can notice the difference on the highway. The slop is gone. Lane changes are much more crisp. Even driving around town it is noticeable.

For reference I have an AWD 250, 48k on it. Only suspension mod I have is the damper which I had installed immediately prior.
Then again, ~$120 for what they are saying is really good for the wallet and exactly what you're looking for.
These responses were 2 years ago, so I would recommend PMing them to see where they are now.

Last edited by nan88; 09-09-18 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-09-18, 06:08 PM
henrymc8
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was also thinking going the RCF bushings route in another thread. Is it better to change the toe setting to zero on both front tires or the OEM alignment specs?

Last edited by henrymc8; 09-09-18 at 06:11 PM.
Old 09-09-18, 06:39 PM
nan88
Driver

Originally Posted by henrymc8
I was also thinking going the RCF bushings route in another thread. Is it better to change the toe setting to zero on both front tires or the OEM alignment specs?
Thinking again about the RCF bushings, I might lean that way as well.

I read most of the ISF members got alignments after installing any type of bushings.
OEM alignment specs allow for zero toe on both the IS350 & RCF.
The concept of a stiffer bushing is to hold the alignment spec or reduce dynamic toe.
Honestly, its up to your preference if you want better handling or better tire wear.

If your want to read more about toe:
(Scroll down to toe pls)
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret...e.jsp?techid=4
Toe In = reduced oversteer and get better high-speed stability
Zero Toe = better tire wear
Toe Out = reduced understeer and get better initial turn-in

In theory, this is why the stock Lexus bushings are made to be dynamic, so you can benefit from both sides of the spectrum.
They aren't necessarily terrible but rather this was their design and also to dampen NVH for comfort and luxury of course.
But the dynamic aspect of them will lead to unpredictability and inner tire wear.

RCF Toe Alignment spec:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...s-for-rcf.html

Last edited by nan88; 09-09-18 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-10-18, 06:21 PM
Heagy80
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update on my dealer battle. I did my research and went to the service manager as 9k on a brand new car with worn front inners was unacceptable.. called out that this is a big problem and Lexus seems to not care. He said they are going to cover two new tires and the alignment. Small win.

When I drop it off I am going to ask if they will set the toe to zero. As the hardest corners this car takes are pulling into a parking spot at Publix. Then I can see how they wear.. keep you all posted.
Old 09-15-18, 12:08 PM
nan88
Driver

Quick Update:
Bought the GSF/RCF bushings from MegaZip and are shipping from Japan. (JDM parts yo!)
Will update again once installed and driven on.
Crazy price with the discount code.
My local Lexus dealer wanted $101 per bushing lol.

Alternative places to buy the alternative parts lol:
These prices will also include the bracket so no pressing is required, just bolt-off bolt-on.

MegaZip discount code I used (also on website top banner):
10% DISCOUNT ON ALL GENUINE PARTS!
DISCOUNT COUPON CODE - ORIGINAL10
COUPON IS AVAILABLE UNTIL 15.09 23:59 (GMT -4).
~8-9Hours left at time of this post.

$30.91 per bushing with discount code - MegaZip:
https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dl...?q=48075-24010
https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dl...?q=48076-24010

$49.80 per bushing - Discount Parts Monster:
https://www.discountpartsmonster.com...ket-4807524010
https://www.discountpartsmonster.com...ket-4807624010

$50.64 per bushing - Lexus of West Kendall:
https://parts.lexusofwestkendall.com...ket-4807524010
https://parts.lexusofwestkendall.com...ket-4807624010

Courtesy of lobuxracer, the ISF factory torque specs I will be following,
since I wanted the upgrade to be as close to OE quality as possible:
Originally Posted by lobuxracer
This diagram has everything you need for the front:

Last edited by nan88; 09-15-18 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Do you like JDM savings?
The following 5 users liked this post by nan88:
2Marvelous (09-15-18), Flash5 (09-15-18), henrymc8 (09-15-18), hotsaw11 (09-15-18), LexSense (09-15-18)
Old 09-15-18, 03:17 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by nan88
Quick Update:
Bought the GSF/RCF bushings from MegaZip and are shipping from Japan. (JDM parts yo!)
Will update again once installed and driven on.
Crazy price with the discount code.
My local Lexus dealer wanted $101 per bushing lol.

Alternative places to buy the alternative parts lol:
These prices will also include the bracket so no pressing is required, just bolt-off bolt-on.

MegaZip discount code I used (also on website top banner):
10% DISCOUNT ON ALL GENUINE PARTS!
DISCOUNT COUPON CODE - ORIGINAL10
COUPON IS AVAILABLE UNTIL 15.09 23:59 (GMT -4).
~8-9Hours left at time of this post.

$30.91 per bushing with discount code - MegaZip:
https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dl...?q=48075-24010
https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dl...?q=48076-24010

$49.80 per bushing - Discount Parts Monster:
https://www.discountpartsmonster.com...ket-4807524010
https://www.discountpartsmonster.com...ket-4807624010

$50.64 per bushing - Lexus of West Kendall:
https://parts.lexusofwestkendall.com...ket-4807524010
https://parts.lexusofwestkendall.com...ket-4807624010

Courtesy of lobuxracer, the ISF factory torque specs I will be following,
since I wanted the upgrade to be as close to OE quality as possible:
Tempting, but I can't decide on whether to try these first or go ahead with the Figs Engineering Poly LCA bushings.
Old 09-15-18, 03:42 PM
nan88
Driver

Tempting, but I can't decide on whether to try these first or go ahead with the Figs Engineering Poly LCA bushings.
Pretty much the same as my thoughts.
Figured I would use these and measure tire wear over a few thousand miles.
Then order the FIGS bushings without the brackets for ~$178 and press them in, if I don't feel content with the GSF/RCF ones.
In the end I would have ended spending near $258 in parts and however much a shop would charge to press them in.
($258 = $178(+shipping) + $80) = $80 being the RCF bushings & $178 being the SuperPro bushings from FIGS.
It is the most efficient, effective, and flexible route I could take to get what I desired for rear LCA bushings.
While being able to have a spare set I can take to a shop in my car.

Last edited by nan88; 09-15-18 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-15-18, 04:01 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nan88
Pretty much the same as my thoughts.
Figured I would use these and measure tire wear over a few thousand miles.
Then order the FIGS bushings without the brackets for ~$178 and press them in, if I don't feel content with the GSF/RCF ones.
In the end I would have ended spending near $258 in parts and however much a shop would charge to press them in.
($258 = $178 + $80) = $80 being the RCF bushings & $178 being the SuperPro bushings from FIGS.
It is the most efficient, effective, and flexible route I could take to get what I desired for rear LCA bushings.
While being able to have a spare set I can take to a shop in my car.
This is true, I might end up going the same route as you.
Old 09-15-18, 04:24 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Submitted my order, hopefully this actually helps with tire wear lol.
Old 09-15-18, 05:19 PM
nan88
Driver

Submitted my order, hopefully this actually helps with tire wear lol.
Congrats!
I just wanted everyone to have options and decide what is best for themselves;
since we all have different needs/wants/expectations.

Last edited by nan88; 09-15-18 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-17-18, 04:49 PM
Mike_1GO
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

i recently installed the GSF/RCF LCAB on my 2IS. the differences are apparent right away, granted my oem bushings did have some wear with 77k miles. the steering is much tighter, no more of that vague on center feel. brake response has improved as well. chassis feels stiffer, less nose dive, more planted. would i have gone with figs/RRR ? the answer is No. Its a daily driver and even with these OEM bushings it is slightly stiffer over bumps. Best way to describe it is its a lot tighter now. Just what i was looking for. And i don't have to worry about regreasing bushings or squeaks when the weather gets cold. Plus it retains OEM levels of ride quality.
Old 09-17-18, 04:51 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mike_1GO
i recently installed the GSF/RCF LCAB on my 2IS. the differences are apparent right away, granted my oem bushings did have some wear with 77k miles. the steering is much tighter, no more of that vague on center feel. brake response has improved as well. chassis feels stiffer, less nose dive, more planted. would i have gone with figs/RRR ? the answer is No. Its a daily driver and even with these OEM bushings it is slightly stiffer over bumps. Best way to describe it is its a lot tighter now. Just what i was looking for. And i don't have to worry about regreasing bushings or squeaks when the weather gets cold. Plus it retains OEM levels of ride quality.
Good to hear I’m just hoping they are stiff enough to prevent inner tire wear.
Old 09-17-18, 04:51 PM
chinox22x
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I ended up buying figs upgraded lcas
Old 09-19-18, 12:34 PM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing

I was really shocked to read that review stating that the ISRS is harsh.... I would ask around any of the hundreds of people who installed these, I don’t know if anyone who has complained.

Rafi
A bit of a ramble here, but as a potential buyer of an upgraded LCA, I'm a bit surprised at this statement. I've recently read at least 10 threads on these and Figs on this forum and more discussion on the FB groups. The NVH has been brought up multiple times with some people even going back to stock, while most express the point that it's as different as a few extra PSI in the tires or a slight vibration in the wheel, while still being very satisfied with the handling results and tire life improvement. Granted, the numbers of negative reviews are absolutely smaller than the amount of people who are happy with them, this is still a factor that seems to be one of the deciding reasons to go with one or the other. For my case, an 08-10 ISF which already rides fairly rough stock, it can be worrying to choose something that may make it even worse.

The USRS looks very well built, from a reputable US company, with very good results, no doubt at all in my mind there. I'm just surprised that on multiple threads, when the NVH is brought up it is once again a shock to you guys. Just call it like it is, it's a well designed product but aimed at tightening everything down, and as such some NVH may pop up and that the amount of it highly depends on the way the car is used and already modded.

Again, apologies for the ramble. I as well as the community appreciate all the work you guys do and the discount you offered here. Heck I even recall a thread of you guys offering to install them for free, no one would do that. No doubt a great team working there. Cheers
The following users liked this post:
osiriskidd (09-20-18)
Old 09-19-18, 01:21 PM
chinox22x
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I just installed my Figs 90 and drove around for about an hour. The feel is definitely tighter and not as floaty. As far as nvh, it’s definitely there compared to stock. It’s not bad though even on lowered RSR downs. I’ll keep them. I’m assuming the usrs is no different but ymmv.

Quick Reply: RR Racing Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) limited time $20 discount