IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-20, 09:00 AM
sebaw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rcJten
Do you mind sharing how you obtained root?

1. Kingroot v5.4.0 - Kingroot works (HU Android 5.1.1, 2GB RAM/32 ROM, CortexA53) - But that's a lot of unwanted apps and processes.
2. Super-Sume Pro v9.9.0 (Google Play)- To remove Kingroot and have a superSU

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=darkslide.com.supersumepro
3. SuperSU (Install / Normal)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...persu-t3904880

But everyone does at their own risk. HU may stop working!

Last edited by sebaw; 05-15-20 at 04:44 AM.
Old 05-14-20, 09:58 AM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by sebaw

1. Kingroot v5.x - Kingroot works (I have Android 5.1.1 - advertising 7.1)) - But that's a lot of unwanted apps and processes.
2. Super-Sume Pro - To remove Kingroot and have a superSU

Thank you. I think I figured out why I cannot enable the "Hey Google" trigger, as the google app is not a system app on the ROM these screens are using.

Edit: the app failed to root

Last edited by rcJten; 05-14-20 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-14-20, 01:52 PM
babaijebu
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by sebaw

1. Kingroot v5.x - Kingroot works (I have Android 5.1.1 - advertising 7.1)) - But that's a lot of unwanted apps and processes.
2. Super-Sume Pro - To remove Kingroot and have a superSU

Don't have this unit yet, but i always prefer Magisk over SuperSU these days on my Android devices.

https://www.xda-developers.com/magisk-vs-supersu/
Old 05-14-20, 02:52 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by babaijebu
Don't have this unit yet, but i always prefer Magisk over SuperSU these days on my Android devices.

https://www.xda-developers.com/magisk-vs-supersu/
Without a specific TWRP for this device, I do not feel comfortable with trying to flash a recovery or attempt a root. I would consider myself a novice when it comes to setting up root, so without a specific guide for the device I am rooting, I really have no idea what I am actually doing.
Old 05-14-20, 04:08 PM
Soljarag
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think they should make a new Sub-Form for "Android Head Units" this thread is getting wayyyy too long .... That way we can post specific threads about Android Stuff....
The following users liked this post:
Gladius (05-16-20)
Old 05-15-20, 06:12 AM
Far2Great
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey im back with my review of the Carlinkit unit i order it on Saturday night and received it Wednesday morning which is really fast if you count that its coming from china

the install was really easy if you know what your doing i been doing alot of research and found out that the beatsonic video on YouTube is very useful

everything work perfectly and is worth even more than the 277$ price tag this unit you gotta keep in mind this unit is just carplay and android auto but has an hdmi input later on in the week ima test a android hdmi i order from amazon in it and see what happens and if it works ima install a hdmi extension in the glove box for easy access
back up camera works
steerwheel function works
carplay works
EVERYTHING WORKS

It is worth the money and more

US $277.30 41% Off | Carlinkit Wireless CarPlay for Lexus NX ES US iS CT RX GS LS LX LC RC 2014-2019 Multimedia interface CarPlay and Android Auto
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dU6mCT3

Old 05-15-20, 06:11 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Far2Great
Hey im back with my review of the Carlinkit unit i order it on Saturday night and received it Wednesday morning which is really fast if you count that its coming from china

the install was really easy if you know what your doing i been doing alot of research and found out that the beatsonic video on YouTube is very useful

everything work perfectly and is worth even more than the 277$ price tag this unit you gotta keep in mind this unit is just carplay and android auto but has an hdmi input later on in the week ima test a android hdmi i order from amazon in it and see what happens and if it works ima install a hdmi extension in the glove box for easy access
back up camera works
carplay works
EVERYTHING WORKS

US $277.30 41% Off | Carlinkit Wireless CarPlay for Lexus NX ES US iS CT RX GS LS LX LC RC 2014-2019 Multimedia interface CarPlay and Android Auto

Hey does it use existing microphone and all factory buttons work? Does it use Aux input as audio? Can you hear Waze announcement while you’re listening to factory radio ?
Old 05-17-20, 05:26 AM
LFields
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Far2Great

back up camera works
carplay works
EVERYTHING WORKS

what is wrong with your screen? Looks really bad
Old 05-17-20, 05:28 PM
gamma113
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Does anyone know how to turn off the screen completely? Is this a option you can perform when the car is running?
Old 05-17-20, 06:44 PM
Far2Great
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dojoman
Hey does it use existing microphone and all factory buttons work? Does it use Aux input as audio? Can you hear Waze announcement while you’re listening to factory radio ?
it does use factory mic and all factory button
it does use aux
and no
Old 05-17-20, 06:45 PM
Far2Great
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LFields
what is wrong with your screen? Looks really bad
that just the glare from the picture my screen is perfectly fine
Old 05-17-20, 11:49 PM
DVaderFS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loving the Lexus, missing AA

Hi all ! So I got myself a cool new 2020 is300 Fsport (C-19 does have a sliver lining)

It's loaded from factory with 10 inch screen and Nav package, but can't seem to live without Android Auto.

I decided to go with NaviHua unit, and inquired about it. I was assigned to Stefan. I was told as my car comes with 10 inch screen from factory, those units are not compatible. I have not inquired

with 4x4 shop yet.

Anyone with a 2020 3is who were able to successfully get the unit and install it ?
Old 05-18-20, 12:33 AM
Travinator
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2017 IS300 with the 10.25" display and mouse setup, and after a few hours of browsing ALIEXPRESS and 4x4 and this forum I still dont know what to get.
The latest and greatest android box seems to be the 8 core, 4GB Ram and, 64GB Rom unit. Where I'm stuck is whether to replace the screen (in order to get the touch capability) or go with the box that works with he OEM screen.
(BTW - I'm pretty sure 4x4 bulk orders the units from Aliexpress with a couple modifications + markup)

Is the new 4x4 anti-glare screen as good as the OEM? If not I would probably just go with the box that taps in the original screen.
Also does the 4x4 unit utilize the factory mic? Any other drawbacks?

Thanks in advanced,
-Travis
Old 05-18-20, 01:58 AM
Far2Great
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DVaderFS
Hi all ! So I got myself a cool new 2020 is300 Fsport (C-19 does have a sliver lining)

It's loaded from factory with 10 inch screen and Nav package, but can't seem to live without Android Auto.

I decided to go with NaviHua unit, and inquired about it. I was assigned to Stefan. I was told as my car comes with 10 inch screen from factory, those units are not compatible. I have not inquired

with 4x4 shop yet.

Anyone with a 2020 3is who were able to successfully get the unit and install it ?
the Carlinkit unit I reviewed above does have android auto and use the oem screen it also have an hdmi port that i routed to my glove that can connect into anything like android box
The following users liked this post:
Rhydg1 (05-18-20)
Old 05-18-20, 03:54 AM
Rhydg1
Pit Crew

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

+1 The OEM 10.25" screen is really nice in person. IMO you should keep the OEM screen and ad a external android box or something like the unit that Far2Great posted about. (Think someone else posted something similar a few pages back). These aftermarket screens are a no brainier if your car came from the factory with the 7.7" screen though.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca