IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-20, 03:20 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Far2Great
i will very soon i just got a ground loop issue going on and i get weird static and feedback as soon as that fixed ill make a new post...if anyone has had this issue before let know how you fixed it
I fixed with a ground loop isolator. Check my post on PG104 of this thread for the wire connections. Coming off the smaller connector in the picture are the audio wires that come from the head unit. The audio wires are easy to identify because they break out into an RCA like cable. I cut the cable and added stereo mini plugs onto each end that plug into the isolator. If I had to do it again, I would buy an isolater that uses RCA, as the wire size/type is the same as the harness wire.
Old 05-22-20, 03:39 PM
sebaw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
4x4 Shop sent me the update to Android 7.1 assuming you bought it from them they will send you the update.
No, on Aliexpress.
But this is probably not real 7.1 (API level 25)? Have you checked CPU-Z or similar apps?
The current generation 4/64 has version 7.0 (API level 24) (advertised 9)

Last edited by sebaw; 05-22-20 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-22-20, 08:31 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

i will very soon i just got a ground loop issue going on and i get weird static and feedback as soon as that fixed ill make a new post...if anyone has had this issue before let know how you fixed it
did you watch the beat sonic video? They mentioned this and said to buy something on Amazon to fix it.
Old 05-22-20, 09:58 PM
DVaderFS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the Carlinkit unit I reviewed above does have android auto and use the oem screen it also have an hdmi port that i routed to my glove that can connect into anything like android box
So I ordered the Carlinkit unit and did a test run installing it without routing the wires.

Everything works on the stock side.... Can't switch to apple car play manually. But it switches automatically when i connect Bluetooth.

Joystick isn't working. In the car play mode. I think i have not set switches config correctly.

Can you share the config you used for Joystick config ?

Thanks.

Old 05-23-20, 07:29 AM
Far2Great
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DVaderFS
So I ordered the Carlinkit unit and did a test run installing it without routing the wires.

Everything works on the stock side.... Can't switch to apple car play manually. But it switches automatically when i connect Bluetooth.

Joystick isn't working. In the car play mode. I think i have not set switches config correctly.

Thanks.
what car do you have for every car it’s different
Old 05-23-20, 07:30 AM
Far2Great
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rcJten
I fixed with a ground loop isolator. Check my post on PG104 of this thread for the wire connections. Coming off the smaller connector in the picture are the audio wires that come from the head unit. The audio wires are easy to identify because they break out into an RCA like cable. I cut the cable and added stereo mini plugs onto each end that plug into the isolator. If I had to do it again, I would buy an isolater that uses RCA, as the wire size/type is the same as the harness wire.
can i get a picture of your set up? Please
Old 05-23-20, 07:31 AM
Far2Great
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tnilc
did you watch the beat sonic video? They mentioned this and said to buy something on Amazon to fix it.
ill watch it again
Old 05-23-20, 04:53 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by DVaderFS

Thanks.
How did you test Carlinkit unit without running wire? Use HDMI input to TV?
Old 05-23-20, 05:36 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Just installed mine. Questions:

1. Mounting bracket. The one from the stock unit doesn't fit, so how is it to stay in place?
2. Backup camera not working. The screen temporarily goes blank but then returns. Checked yellow RCA connection and it appears to be checked in settings.
Old 05-23-20, 05:44 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD

1. Mounting bracket. The one from the stock unit doesn't fit, so how is it to stay in place?
2. Backup camera not working. The screen temporarily goes blank but then returns. Checked yellow RCA connection and it appears to be checked in settings.
1) you don’t need the bracket
2) sorry I dunno. Mine worked without changing anything.
Old 05-24-20, 03:42 PM
tnilc
Instructor

I removed my wireless dongle for CarPlay and my gps signal strength improved and held firm. It looks like the wireless signal interferes with the gps signal.

My unit also crashed a lot today. It would reboot. And a few times the screen would not turn on. Radio worked, kept playing but mousepad stopped working. I could switch back and forth from native screen to android but android was blacked out and off.

Anyone have this happened before?
Old 05-24-20, 06:37 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Good news, I showed them temps of my system and they said it was the high temps causing mine to crash. They will send me a new update that I hope fixes.
Old 05-24-20, 06:38 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Also...I realized my unit already had iPhone mirroring. I bought my wireless dongle for carplay and iphone mirroring, more so for mirroring. lol

I might be selling my dongle.
Old 05-24-20, 06:54 PM
tnilc
Instructor

119 degrees C

42.4 degress C
Old 05-24-20, 11:00 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD

You use the four little plastic clips on the back of the stock screen remove them and put them on the new screen and that clips it in place. The metal bracket isn't reused.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca