IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-20, 08:53 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by HKBruin
So let me get this right. The picture rcJten showed us was the internal view after the glove compartment is removed. Based on the red arrow position, are you saying you mounted the GPS antenna below the "metal cross pipe" which is still underneath the dash? You have good GPS signal from that location?
​​​​​​ You are correct. That image is with the glove box removed. The metal bracket coming off the metal tube is just to the right of the passenger air bag. With the antenna on top of the metal bracket, the only thing above is the plastic dash and the windshield glass. I have not had any lost gps signal messages. Occasionally the location goes a bit wonky in the hills, but that happens with my phone nav as well.
The following users liked this post:
HKBruin (05-30-20)
Old 05-29-20, 10:22 AM
yayeeeet
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone with the 4x4shop unit overheats in hot temperature? Anyone mind sharing their temperatures for the unit during hot weather? Gladly appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 05-29-20, 10:27 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
Mount it under your dash on the metal cross pipe. It works well. Signal is good.

Personally I don’t want it on my dash or in view.
Where did you put the mic and speaker? I pretty much just put all three pieces behind the display.
Old 05-29-20, 02:45 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
Where did you put the mic and speaker? I pretty much just put all three pieces behind the display.
I used the double sided tape to mount it to the steering column lock shell.

tnilc (05-30-20)
Old 05-29-20, 02:49 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Mods, delete this if inappropriate.

My Vline2 is on the Marketplace. It does Andriod, Andriod Auto and Car Play. IMO it has a much better implementation, with full touch pad support, and comes from an American company that provides regular over-the-air updates. If you're apprehensive about the gamble with the Chinese screens, it's an option (albeit using the factory screen).
Old 05-29-20, 08:19 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
Same

I was actually surprised. The speaker doesn’t sound to muffled. At the right volume it sounds stock and not like a 3rd party speaker.
Old 05-30-20, 05:23 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
That one person just wants to validate their purchasing decisions lol. They do it for other things as well, but hey their loss. This unit is amazing and 110% worth the money. If mine ever breaks or something, I’ll get the newest version available from 4x4Shop.
actually, no, that's not at all correct and i'll add your cursory 'lol' to the end of my sentences as well lol. i thought it through, went through the pages and pages of people who are having hardware, software, and overheating issues and decided that it was not worth voiding factory warranty over. i was on the fence much earlier this year when i purchased the vehicle, but i'm no longer. also, flash, your denigrating remarks aren't at all needed, so stop them.

if you want to gamble with your car, i mean, whatever, as it's your car. if i still own my car out of the bumper-to-bumper warranty period which ends mid-year 2026, then i'll consider some aftermarket unit and have it installed professionally, although i doubt i'll keep the car past the 2026 date at which the warranty expires. the factory system as released in 2018 with the larger display screen and split layout is perfectly fine for a commuter car. i use this car to drive to work and back so apple carplay, while a nice addition, isn't something that i deem necessary. with that necessity that some individuals feel is worth the risk, is, well, an inherent risk. take it, as again, it's your car, not mine.

to each his or her own.
Gladius (05-30-20)
Old 05-30-20, 07:11 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
actually, no, that's not at all correct and i'll add your cursory 'lol' to the end of my sentences as well lol. i thought it through, went through the pages and pages of people who are having hardware, software, and overheating issues and decided that it was not worth voiding factory warranty over. i was on the fence much earlier this year when i purchased the vehicle, but i'm no longer. also, flash, your denigrating remarks aren't at all needed, so stop them.

if you want to gamble with your car, i mean, whatever, as it's your car. if i still own my car out of the bumper-to-bumper warranty period which ends mid-year 2026, then i'll consider some aftermarket unit and have it installed professionally, although i doubt i'll keep the car past the 2026 date at which the warranty expires. the factory system as released in 2018 with the larger display screen and split layout is perfectly fine for a commuter car. i use this car to drive to work and back so apple carplay, while a nice addition, isn't something that i deem necessary. with that necessity that some individuals feel is worth the risk, is, well, an inherent risk. take it, as again, it's your car, not mine.

to each his or her own.
The fact that you think you'll void your warranty over this is hilarious. But as you stated to each their own. If you don't like anything about this unit and have nothing to contribute to this thread about the unit that this thread is about maybe you should not post in it. Pretty simple. No need to cry about it.
The following 4 users liked this post by Flash5:
Elara (09-08-20), JBison73 (05-30-20), MattNXF (05-30-20), tnilc (05-30-20)
Old 05-30-20, 07:37 AM
MattNXF
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

to each his or her own.
You void your warranty by cutting wires, not unplugging a plastic connector. No need to be so arrogant, when you really have no clue what your talking about. It actually gives others the impression you are clueless.
The following 3 users liked this post by MattNXF:
Flash5 (05-30-20), JBison73 (05-30-20), tnilc (05-30-20)
Old 05-30-20, 08:29 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MattNXF
You void your warranty by cutting wires, not unplugging a plastic connector. No need to be so arrogant, when you really have no clue what your talking about. It actually gives others the impression you are clueless.
no, buddy ol' pal. i just don't feel the need to do it. i do not want to remove the factory screen which i've deemed sufficient for my needs after weighing the pros and cons of the device at hand.

believe me, i am far from clueless.

do i think others might be a bit naïve when attempting to install this device and then running into problems? of course. do i care that they do so? not one damn bit.

and flash, you can continue your work in the military. is the university of phoenix the next step for you? or are you not going to pursue higher educational opportunities that will expand your higher-order thinking skills?
Old 05-30-20, 08:34 AM
MattNXF
Rookie

no, buddy ol' pal. i just don't feel the need to do it. i do not want to remove the factory screen which i've deemed sufficient for my needs after weighing the pros and cons of the device at hand.

do i think others might be a bit naïve when attempting to install this device and then running into problems? of course. do i care that they do so? not one damn bit.

and flash, you can continue your work in the military. is the university of phoenix the next step for you? or are you not going to pursue higher educational opportunities that will expand your higher-order thinking skills?
Your arrogance is amazing. You must be so bored that you have the need to troll people on the internet, and clublexus.
Old 05-30-20, 08:38 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MattNXF
Your arrogance is amazing. You must be so bored that you have the need to troll people on the internet, and clublexus.
who are you? you joined about twenty minutes ago and have about 3 posts. hah.
Old 05-30-20, 08:42 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

i'm totally done in this thread. you all enjoy trying to solve your software/hardware problems as you have difficulties installing the device in the first place.

but, but, but...where do i mount the antenna?!? how many degrees is your unit running at?! what version of android is your unit running?! why is my gps not syncing??????

have fun, all.

Old 05-30-20, 08:48 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

I have my Bachelor's in Medical Laboratory Science and my national certification sooooo..... LOL
Old 05-30-20, 08:48 AM
MattNXF
Rookie

who are you? you joined about twenty minutes ago and have about 3 posts. hah.
Bye!! Get a life. Be productive!

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca