IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-20, 05:27 PM
jchen096
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by enkrypt3d
So I haven't driven the car in a while and I go to start it up and the brand new battery I just put in is COMPLETELY Dead. no lights anywhere and nothing happens when I press start.... This is the 2nd battery that has gone completely flat... I'm wondering if it is this android unit that is draining the battery somehow? Anyone had any issues? I guess I need to keep it on a tender once I get battery #3 installed...... GRRRRRRRRR

I heard there was an update that fix the battery drainage problem.
Old 08-06-20, 08:58 AM
aj2pointo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I just installed the GS version of this into my GS. I am using the wireless dongle for Apple CarPlay and re-routing my audio through the OEM Factory bluetooth on connection with the iphone automation trick above. CarPlay can play music just fine, but I can't hear Siri's replies, navigation announcements/directions, or have text messages read to me. Its like anything but music I can't hear. Has anyone experienced anything like that?
Old 08-06-20, 09:50 AM
pngo
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by aj2pointo
I just installed the GS version of this into my GS. I am using the wireless dongle for Apple CarPlay and re-routing my audio through the OEM Factory bluetooth on connection with the iphone automation trick above. CarPlay can play music just fine, but I can't hear Siri's replies, navigation announcements/directions, or have text messages read to me. Its like anything but music I can't hear. Has anyone experienced anything like that?
Are you able to hear it when you switch to AUX/AV?
Old 08-06-20, 11:46 AM
aj2pointo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pngo
Are you able to hear it when you switch to AUX/AV?
So I because I heard that the aux wasn't that great I did not even check it until now. But when I went to go switch it to Aux in the OEM screen, the Aux tab wasn't even active/able to be selected. I tired the bluetooth way again in the garage and siri and message reading worked this time go figure. I will have to go for a drive later and check if navigation. Was their and AUX specific input in your kits? I didn't notice anything Aux specific in mine, I just figured it would do that through one of the harnesses.
Old 08-06-20, 12:00 PM
pngo
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by aj2pointo
So I because I heard that the aux wasn't that great I did not even check it until now. But when I went to go switch it to Aux in the OEM screen, the Aux tab wasn't even active/able to be selected. I tired the bluetooth way again in the garage and siri and message reading worked this time go figure. I will have to go for a drive later and check if navigation. Was their and AUX specific input in your kits? I didn't notice anything Aux specific in mine, I just figured it would do that through one of the harnesses.
Yeah the default audio from my unit is through AUX/AV. There wasn't an AUX/AV specific input on mine, so I am guessing it is integrated in the harness. I haven't tried Siri or messages through the CarPlay interface; I imagine it would want to route through the default audio connection if you activated via the CarPlay interface vs bluetooth if activated through the phone, but I'm not sure.
Old 08-06-20, 08:42 PM
KounLex
Driver School Candidate

I just installed my 10.25 android unit from Alibaba today and to my surprise almost everything is working perfectly. I had some problems with the CarPlay not being updated but that was easy fix just had to install the right APK and also having some buzz/static noise and that was fix also. I mainly bought it for Carplay and its working great. I can play spotify and have waze/apple maps running and having turn by turn direction through my OEM speakers which is awesome because i know users here have to install a mini speaker to hear turn by turn directions or not even have any sound at all. I still need to figure out the phone calls, not sure the quality yet but i try that out soon. I also disable my OEM bluetooth connection and just using everything through android/carplay. Took me about 2 hours to install this to my liking.

Unit spec:
Jog Control
1.50 GHz
8 Core
1920x720
64GB

Price: $595
Old 08-06-20, 09:17 PM
jchen096
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KounLex
I just installed my 10.25 android unit from Alibaba today and to my surprise almost everything is working perfectly. I had some problems with the CarPlay not being updated but that was easy fix just had to install the right APK and also having some buzz/static noise and that was fix also. I mainly bought it for Carplay and its working great. I can play spotify and have waze/apple maps running and having turn by turn direction through my OEM speakers which is awesome because i know users here have to install a mini speaker to hear turn by turn directions or not even have any sound at all. I still need to figure out the phone calls, not sure the quality yet but i try that out soon. I also disable my OEM bluetooth connection and just using everything through android/carplay. Took me about 2 hours to install this to my liking.

Unit spec:
Jog Control
1.50 GHz
8 Core
1920x720
64GB

So I'm having some echo issue and i think some buzzing sound on my car. how did u get an update APK.
Old 08-06-20, 10:08 PM
KounLex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jchen096
So I'm having some echo issue and i think some buzzing sound on my car. how did u get an update APK.
Wherever you purchase your unit from you can ask the seller for the latest APK to fix the problem. As for the echo noise im not sure but i can help you out with the buzzing noise.
Behind the android screen look at the big plug see if you can find a ground wire that is plug off and not connected to anything once you find it you need to splice that ground wire to the plug with the existing ground wire 4th spot from the left. That should stop the buzzing noise, well it did for me at least hopefully the same for you,

Old 08-07-20, 08:58 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by KounLex

Unit spec:
Jog Control
1.50 GHz
8 Core
1920x720
64GB

If you don't mind posting link to this item? You still cannot change metric info right? km->miles
Old 08-07-20, 02:16 PM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Anyone interested in buying this older unit? It's past the return period. everything seems to be working fine. Working with Ray on updating it to the latest software. I want to get the newer model. LMK
Old 08-07-20, 04:19 PM
wongnee
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

I updated mine, with Rockchip RK3399 processor, 4GB RAM and 64GB storage (TF expansion available)

Everything works! The unit itself is integrated with a decoder and therefore the radar screen, backup camera screen, door screen and air con screen are all there.

Carplay is working fine for both wired or wireless connection. Siri is working as well.

​​​​​​No Android auto but not a big problem for me.

​​​I'm thinking to make a video review.

Old 08-07-20, 04:35 PM
wongnee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jchen096
Anyone having phone call audio issue? So when its connected to Carplay while on a phone call it jump between my Lexus Bluetooth connection and sometimes and than to carplay connection. Middle of a phone call.
You should delete all Bluetooth profiles from the Lexus device.
Old 08-07-20, 04:37 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wongnee
I updated mine, with Rockchip RK3399 processor, 4GB RAM and 64GB storage (TF expansion available)

Everything works! The unit itself is integrated with a decoder and therefore the radar screen, backup camera screen, door screen and air con screen are all there.

Carplay is working fine for both wired or wireless connection. Siri is working as well.

​​​​​​No Android auto but not a big problem for me.

​​​I'm thinking to make a video review.

Which unit is this it looks like Lexion with external box?
Old 08-08-20, 09:45 AM
wongnee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dojoman
Which unit is this it looks like Lexion with external box?
It's Esishuo (Carsyso)
Old 08-08-20, 10:20 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wongnee
It's Esishuo (Carsyso)
You bought it from their website? I think Lexion is selling the same unit as if they designed it turns out they’re just middle man.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca