Search this Thread

Old 08-20-20, 08:47 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Droth
It's a tight fit but you can fit cable. Got mine up behind radio on right side
Originally Posted by 350Fsprt
If you watch beat sonics video, it shows you a great way.

I took out the glove box, and went along the right side.

Also, does anyone know how to get rid of the "open door" thing that pops up on the screen? I can't find it in the settings.
Is this the spot? I need to go back and check again I swear I was looking for a spot for an hour couldn't find any way to slip the connector.

Old 08-20-20, 08:57 AM
HKBruin
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Fsprt
If you watch beat sonics video, it shows you a great way.

I took out the glove box, and went along the right side.

Also, does anyone know how to get rid of the "open door" thing that pops up on the screen? I can't find it in the settings.
Answer buried in this ultra long thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l#post10696530
The following users liked this post:
350Fsprt (08-20-20)
Old 08-20-20, 09:30 AM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I didn't take my glove box out. Just take out the AC controls unit and feed it up from the right side or left side. jam your hands in there and feed the cable up to your fingers. it helps to have long fingers lol

and yes if you never use the android side, the lexus head unit behaves exactly the same, so no need to wait "60 seconds" (no idea where this is coming from?). this has been covered at least 100 times in this thread already.
Old 08-20-20, 01:35 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I gave up!! Anyone wants to buy my unit let me know, my beatsonic front camera doesn't work with this unit they have different connector.
Old 08-20-20, 01:41 PM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dojoman
I gave up!! Anyone wants to buy my unit let me know, my beatsonic front camera doesn't work with this unit they have different connector.
I believe they have a different harness for users that have the 360 cameras IIRC.......

Why do you guys give up so easily? It's really not that difficult people. It doesn't require a degree in electrical engineering like you guys think it does....
Old 08-20-20, 01:45 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by enkrypt3d
I believe they have a different harness for users that have the 360 cameras IIRC.......

Why do you guys give up so easily? It's really not that difficult people. It doesn't require a degree in electrical engineering like you guys think it does....
I don’t have problem with connecting cables etc that was the easiest part but I couldn’t get the connectors to bring up to screen area I got one through but others got stuck in between. Didn’t want to risk damaging the harness by yanking. I honestly don’t like touchscreen so far away to use with CarPlay anyway so I’m just keeping oem for now. I think it was easier for people without factory nav because there’s more room back there.
Old 08-20-20, 02:12 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I don’t have problem with connecting cables etc that was the easiest part but I couldn’t get the connectors to bring up to screen area I got one through but others got stuck in between. Didn’t want to risk damaging the harness by yanking. I honestly don’t like touchscreen so far away to use with CarPlay anyway so I’m just keeping oem for now. I think it was easier for people without factory nav because there’s more room back there.
You really might as well finish the install if you have the car ripped apart. I have a nav model as well and it was difficult to get the wires up to the screen but doable, you wont hurt the harness just need to give it a little muscle and pop them through. Even if you don't use the touchscreen or the android side at all it's still worth it for the larger screen.
Old 08-20-20, 02:26 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MD3
You really might as well finish the install if you have the car ripped apart. I have a nav model as well and it was difficult to get the wires up to the screen but doable, you wont hurt the harness just need to give it a little muscle and pop them through. Even if you don't use the touchscreen or the android side at all it's still worth it for the larger screen.
That's ok I've actually taken out the trims about a dozen times already for other standalone Carplay unit (it didn't work) and troubleshooting in between. I'll probably get a different unit like Lexion that supports joystick in Carplay or something next yr, it's kind of expensive now.
Old 08-20-20, 06:04 PM
350Fsprt
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

mine required prob about 10 or so minutes of tryna get it through, but after that it was no problem

I have a nav unit as well! I would try again if I was you, its worth it, and definitely doable.
Old 08-20-20, 06:05 PM
350Fsprt
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quick question, when I click on the browser of my 4x4unit, it says permission denied, check app settings?

But I cant find app settings anywhere. Anyone else get this or know how to solve it?
Old 08-22-20, 08:36 AM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

One way you can fish cables thru is use a string and fish it down from the top then tie it to the cable you're trying to fish through... I have long fingers so I managed to do it but it did bust up my knuckles a bit... I never use the touchscreen. I just use it as a larger oem screen which works fine.
Old 08-22-20, 05:43 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

Get a ruler, from the left side of the glove box side there's a very slim opening you can route the harness up.

Tape the harness to the ruler, feed it up the opening and grab the harness from the display unit side.

Where in Cali are you? I can give you a hand.
Old 08-22-20, 05:45 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by enkrypt3d
One way you can fish cables thru is use a string and fish it down from the top then tie it to the cable you're trying to fish through... I have long fingers so I managed to do it but it did bust up my knuckles a bit... I never use the touchscreen. I just use it as a larger oem screen which works fine.
That's a good idea too. I have larger hands and it was a struggle, I taped the harness to one of my trim tools and fed it to the top and grabbed it.
Old 08-22-20, 05:46 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by ABGLexus
So if I keep it on the Lexus side of things, I still have to wait for the 60 sec boot time correct? Say I turn on the car and want to connect bluetooth or play music over USB port via Lexus not carplay.
Lemme know if you ever wanna check out my unit.

....that sounded so weird.
Old 08-22-20, 06:00 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tnilc
Get a ruler, from the left side of the glove box side there's a very slim opening you can route the harness up.

Tape the harness to the ruler, feed it up the opening and grab the harness from the display unit side.

Where in Cali are you? I can give you a hand.
Thanks for the ruler tip wish I had known it earlier I already put back everything to oem. I wasn’t happy with it anyway due to not being able to use front camera switch and touchscreen only CarPlay. There is an input for DVR recording and I was able to see my camera in DVR app but when I’m in oem menu I can’t use it.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca