IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-20, 11:03 AM
ownnij
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

so i've been reading up on this thread and i've been dodging upgrading the navi system in this car because it seems like it's quarky and lots of bugs. Anyways lately i've been seeing people having some good success with it so i thought i would revisit the product once more. Would you guys say Esishuo (Carsyso) is the best option out there right now? or can you direct me to the system that's the best option and what to look out for? thank you.
Old 08-23-20, 03:43 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by ownnij
so i've been reading up on this thread and i've been dodging upgrading the navi system in this car because it seems like it's quarky and lots of bugs. Anyways lately i've been seeing people having some good success with it so i thought i would revisit the product once more. Would you guys say Esishuo (Carsyso) is the best option out there right now? or can you direct me to the system that's the best option and what to look out for? thank you.
You can’t buy Carsyso in U,S only Lexion that I know of they’re similar system with separate external box.And Lexion guy kind of hard to reach now not sure the deal with him was very active in the beginning probably realize can’t make that much profit.
Old 08-23-20, 05:58 PM
ownnij
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

hmmm a friend of mine said this is the one to buy. does anyone here have experience with them?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...52465806GeWvah
Old 08-23-20, 08:55 PM
pngo
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

Pleasantly surprised today to see Google Maps is now integrated into the CarPlay Dashboard. It stays as google maps even if you aren’t navigating. Haven’t tested for Waze but I bet it is coming soon if not already.

Old 08-24-20, 07:40 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pngo
Pleasantly surprised today to see Google Maps is now integrated into the CarPlay Dashboard. It stays as google maps even if you aren’t navigating. Haven’t tested for Waze but I bet it is coming soon if not already.

Yes apple made this available back in March/April with iOS 13.4. Google has just been a bit slow updating their apps to support it, they are supposed to update Waze to support it sometime before the end of the year.
Old 08-25-20, 02:07 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

You guys have no issue reaching the screen for touchscreen in CarPlay or **** control works? Wish Lexus had made the screen a bit closer to driving position.
Old 08-25-20, 03:17 PM
pngo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dojoman
You guys have no issue reaching the screen for touchscreen in CarPlay or **** control works? Wish Lexus had made the screen a bit closer to driving position.
**** control works perfectly fine for me. It obviously isn't as good as with the factory system, but works well enough for CarPlay and I am pretty picky. Reaching the screen for touch control is definitely a stretch.
Old 08-25-20, 03:39 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

**** control works perfectly fine for me. It obviously isn't as good as with the factory system, but works well enough for CarPlay and I am pretty picky. Reaching the screen for touch control is definitely a stretch.
That explains you guys have no issue with the unit. I have joystick it can’t be used in CarPlay at all, works ok in Android OS but could be better.
Old 08-25-20, 09:05 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

**** control didn't work with the OG unit (I have Jogstick though), which unit do you have that actually works with **** control on Carplay/AA??????? Was pretty certain Carplay/AA was only touchscreen on all these unis...
Old 08-25-20, 09:06 PM
pngo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MD3
**** control didn't work with the OG unit (I have Jogstick though), which unit do you have that actually works with **** control on Carplay/AA??????? Was pretty certain Carplay/AA was only touchscreen on all these unis...
Purchased from Navihua on Aliexpress. As mentioned in some of my earlier posts, I am quite satisfied with my purchase
Old 08-25-20, 09:16 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Buying these Android unit is a nightmare none of these supplier are honest about what works what doesn’t including 4x4shop. I wouldn’t have bought one if I knew joystick doesn’t work in CarPlay. It’s almost like they omit it on purpose so you just live with it in the end.
Old 08-25-20, 09:35 PM
pngo
Intermediate

Buying these Android unit is a nightmare none of these supplier are honest about what works what doesn’t including 4x4shop. I wouldn’t have bought one if I knew joystick doesn’t work in CarPlay. It’s almost like they omit it on purpose so you just live with it in the end.
I agree it definitely isn't as transparent as it should be if let's say it was an official big-brand product or something, but there was enough information in this thread for me to ask the right questions and make sure the unit would do what I wanted it to do before purchasing. Definitely need to research before purchasing a unit like this from any vendor.
Old 08-26-20, 10:16 AM
sebaw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I have installed an additional touchpad. It works just like a connected mouse.
You can increase the cursor in the Android settings.

ergo touchpad

Specifications:
Length: 65.00 mm (2.560 inches)
Width: 49.00 mm (1.930 inches)
Thickness without foam pad 6.5 mm (1/4 inches)
Comes with a 6-ft. USB cable.

https://ergonomictouchpad.com/ergonomic_touchpad.php
Old 08-26-20, 10:32 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sebaw
I have installed an additional touchpad. It works just like a connected mouse.
You can increase the cursor in the Android settings.

ergo touchpad

Specifications:
Length: 65.00 mm (2.560 inches)
Width: 49.00 mm (1.930 inches)
Thickness without foam pad 6.5 mm (1/4 inches)
Comes with a 6-ft. USB cable.

https://ergonomictouchpad.com/ergonomic_touchpad.php
This is actually very neat do you happen to have video how it works in Carplay? Where did you mount it in the car?
Old 08-26-20, 10:49 AM
sebaw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

This is actually very neat do you happen to have video how it works in Carplay? Where did you mount it in the car?
No, Android Auto. But you can do a test and connect a computer mouse.
The touchpad works the same - without multi-touch gestures (two fingers), etc.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca