IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-20, 01:29 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Alphapidge
Hi excuse my inexperience, is this a possible swap with a joystick? My vehicle has a joystick but I would love a touch pad instead. I also would prefer the clean aesthetic.
Unfortunately I don't think this would be possible, not easily at least.
Old 12-07-20, 03:34 AM
guytimmers
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wher can u connect an output on the screen tonmake a wired audio connectiono.

Where can u connect an output on the screen to make a wired audio connection

Originally Posted by whoismiked
No it does not. You will still some kind of a line out converter or harness to add RCA outputs to run an aftermarket amp.

Think of it this way, this unit is just a modified tablet with andriod OS on it that replaces your screen. It is not a stereo. This units harness ties into the inputs on your factory OEM stereo, and as such can add some extra inputs (usb, ect) but it does not tie into outputs. The only output on the harness is the video feed line to the screen.

You will need a line out converter, something like this:.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-OQv2NS...kaAuoLEALw_wcB

or even better, something like this:

https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-aud...-upgrade/lc2i/

Many other options out there too, you can either order something online, or go into just about any car audio place and they will have what you need, it's not expensive to add rca outputs to an OEM stereo.
Output
Old 12-08-20, 03:20 PM
mrjeff51
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aznknightz
Anyone picked up the new 3rd Gen from 4x4shop.ca? the one with Android 10.0.

Looking for feedback and install. I got the og 1st gen and considering upgrade as the headunit feeling kinda sluggish.
I am interested in this as well. I have the 2nd Gen and did not like the quality of the screen. They're advertising the 3rd gen with a "1920 x 720 HD Anti-Glare Blue Screen" If the quality of the screen is better, I may consider upgrading.
Old 12-20-20, 10:46 AM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Anyone want to buy my 1st gen screen? $400!
Old 01-08-21, 04:41 PM
gamma113
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Does any know does our 10.25 unit comes with illumination lead? if so, can it be tap to our car? I am trying to get day/night mode working on the latest Android auto with car controlled as phone-controlled no longer work.
Old 01-11-21, 06:53 AM
mcalr3
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm selling the 2nd gen 1920x720 NAVIHUA screen for Lexus NX if anyone is interested - £300 based in UK, DM me
Old 02-01-21, 08:05 AM
LouisV
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

hello everyone, I have some questions that I hope are easy solutions. I searched the thread but was not able to find my answers. If they have been replied to previously then please accept my apologies.

1- Is there a way to not have the screen tell me when I open my doors or trunk? The little car image that pops up is annoying.
2- is there a way to disable the temperature controls on the screen? for some reason it intermittently displays the temp even if I do not make any adjustments. Can it be a lose connection?
3- Sometimes when I use wireless apple carplay, the screen will go black. Has anyone experienced that?
4- Is there a way to use factory Bluetooth by default when making and receiving calls? Is there also a way to use factory sound outputs when playing audio from the Android side? I tried the automations mentioned in this thread but was not successful

thank you!.
Old 02-05-21, 10:36 PM
cfaliao
Driver School Candidate

My phone keeps restarting when i try to use the dongle to connect to android auto. It consistently and repetitively reboots unless i unplug it.. so essentially i can't access my android auto Autokit which is kind of a bummer since that's what i mainly use.

IS anyone else having troubles with this? Is there a new software update for you guys with the 10.25 4x4unit screen?

Running a '16 IS300.
Old 02-11-21, 03:57 AM
sebaw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

You can try Headunit Reloaded Emulator for Android Auto app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gb.xxy.hr
Old 02-15-21, 04:06 AM
mitnits
Driver School Candidate

Default Audio from nav guidance and radio - at the same time?

Hi all
Considering buying this unit - can someone describe for me what happens if I am listening to the radio (from what I read here, radio runs on the original Lexus, right?) and run navigation (like Google Maps or Waze) - can I hear the navigation guidance? Would it mute the radio while giving directions?
Also - I understood from reading the thread that you are supposed to pair your phone via bluetooth to the HU (and not to the OEM system) - in this case, what happens if I play the radio and get a call - is the radio muted?
Old 02-15-21, 04:28 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by mitnits
Hi all
Considering buying this unit - can someone describe for me what happens if I am listening to the radio (from what I read here, radio runs on the original Lexus, right?) and run navigation (like Google Maps or Waze) - can I hear the navigation guidance? Would it mute the radio while giving directions?
Also - I understood from reading the thread that you are supposed to pair your phone via bluetooth to the HU (and not to the OEM system) - in this case, what happens if I play the radio and get a call - is the radio muted?
Audio from Android system only comes through AUX input so if you’re listening to OEM radio you will not hear any audio from Waze. I have my phone paired to oem system Bluetooth it works the same way as before your calls will come though oem and radio will be muted.
Old 02-16-21, 02:11 AM
sebaw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mitnits
Hi all
There are several versions of the unit on the market. Some have a small external speaker - and if you choose Waze as your default navigation app - you'll hear navigation notifications while listening to OEM Radio.

Last edited by sebaw; 02-16-21 at 04:53 AM.
Old 02-16-21, 07:05 PM
cfaliao
Driver School Candidate

I just got a new iphone and I'm trying to figure out CarPlay but i can't seem to get my phone to pair using autokit consistently.

Are there settings I need to play with in order to get my phone paired on? I sat in my car for like an hour waiting for it to pair to carplay but it couldn't detect my systems, it was able to detect my girlfriends iphone though.. i have iphone 12 pro max.

i Initially got it to connect and chose to restart the Bluetooth cache because i was annoyed it wouldn't automatically connect to carplay, i would have to manually connect to the autokit bluetooth. I then chose to forget the autokit bluetooth pairing but now it won't reappear.

Can anyone give guidance?
Old 02-16-21, 07:47 PM
HKBruin
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cfaliao
I just got a new iphone and I'm trying to figure out CarPlay but i can't seem to get my phone to pair using autokit consistently.

Are there settings I need to play with in order to get my phone paired on? I sat in my car for like an hour waiting for it to pair to carplay but it couldn't detect my systems, it was able to detect my girlfriends iphone though.. i have iphone 12 pro max.

i Initially got it to connect and chose to restart the Bluetooth cache because i was annoyed it wouldn't automatically connect to carplay, i would have to manually connect to the autokit bluetooth. I then chose to forget the autokit bluetooth pairing but now it won't reappear.

Can anyone give guidance?
I would try removing the existing AutoKit under My Devices in your Bluetooth; then redo the setup again.
Old 02-16-21, 10:24 PM
cfaliao
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HKBruin
I would try removing the existing AutoKit under My Devices in your Bluetooth; then redo the setup again.
I did that and that’s where the problem is, I can’t find autokit on my Bluetooth or even see it appear on my CarPlay on my iPhone. It’s not detecting it.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca