IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-21, 04:16 AM
s80heb
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mcalr3
Hi buddy, thanks for detailed post. I also got mine from NaviHua, paid 575USD including shipping to the UK but that was for the lexus NX.

Your observations are spot on to be honest. The major 2 things that are bugging me are the sound quality (I am also getting the high pitched whine/white noise). Its annoying when you turn up the volume at low speeds but also sometimes can hear it during quieter music at high speeds. Bluetooth doesn't have this problem but I prefer to use the aux input as I find the sound quality better than compressed Bluetooth SBC.

I've attached an image of my audio settings which I think sound OK. Bass is a bit boomy and hard to get right.

Second thing that's bugging me is the fake android 9.0 (it's actually 7.0 as api level is reported by several apps as 24) and I've opened a dispute on Alibaba but I am getting nowhere as they are taking the sellers word for it with the 9.0 displayed in the settings. They are asking me which features I think are missing because it is "definitely 9.0' but I am not convinced.

Lastly I can't seem to get headunit reloaded working to auto launch when plugging in USB. Every time I plug in my phone it asks me to set it as default, even though I checked the" remember my choice" box a hundred times...

I tried one of the carplay adapters for android auto but the image is stretched out on the screen, even though the carplay looks perfect, so I returned it and trying to persevere with headunit reloaded for now.

​​
this is the kanor unit, I've tried with them for soo long for fixes, they keep sending bs updates, I think I will be asking for a refund, I have managed to fix the sound issues and will share this with you directly, kanor systems are aware of me reviewing and telling people to stay away from these units.
Old 03-29-21, 04:23 AM
s80heb
Rookie

Originally Posted by RocketG35
Thanks for this! The password worked for me and I was able to turn off the door notification and also finally get the time to display correctly (after tweaking a couple options).

This upgrade is getting better every day. Still need to see if Phone/Siri calls work better - haven’t driven much these past few days.

Anyone know how to get Siri/Phone to work like normal/voice dial/steering wheel buttons when connected to Carplay? I don’t want to have to touch the screen to make a call. Is there a connection setting between Carplay, the Android side or Lexus OEM that will work?
how did you get the time to work?
Old 03-29-21, 07:33 AM
HKBruin
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by s80heb
how did you get the time to work?
I have a Kanor unit. I selected "Satellite clock" under Settings in the Android side. It will first show 12:00 when you start the car. Then it will change back to the correct time a moment later (assuming you have the satellite antenna mounted properly).
Old 03-29-21, 08:10 AM
lexuscanuk
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the update! very informative S80heb.
Has anyone tried the new version of Navirider android 10 ? is a bit more pricey than others but seems to be very well equipped. Also, the contact person is fully fluent in English and knows about their product (all others vendors are so difficult to talk to). Their price right now is $ 1,010.18 canadian, seems a bit pricey to me but also seems to be a very good unit. any thoughts?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...c00YgdDEF&mp=1

Last edited by lexuscanuk; 03-29-21 at 08:11 AM. Reason: added member name
Old 03-29-21, 11:28 AM
sebaw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuscanuk
Thanks for the update! very informative S80heb.
Has anyone tried the new version of Navirider android 10 ? is a bit more pricey than others but seems to be very well equipped. Also, the contact person is fully fluent in English and knows about their product (all others vendors are so difficult to talk to). Their price right now is $ 1,010.18 canadian, seems a bit pricey to me but also seems to be a very good unit. any thoughts?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...c00YgdDEF&mp=1

Currently, you can find the 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM model on Aliexpress.
Previously they advertised Android 9. But real: Android 7.1

Old 03-29-21, 04:00 PM
s80heb
Rookie

Originally Posted by mitnits
Hi all
Considering buying this unit - can someone describe for me what happens if I am listening to the radio (from what I read here, radio runs on the original Lexus, right?) and run navigation (like Google Maps or Waze) - can I hear the navigation guidance? Would it mute the radio while giving directions?
Also - I understood from reading the thread that you are supposed to pair your phone via bluetooth to the HU (and not to the OEM system) - in this case, what happens if I play the radio and get a call - is the radio muted?
radio works, cds work, oem usb work, no static.
when you switch I'm android os and use android usb for music, or even YouTube or anything from the android your factory headunit needs to be in AUX for sound to come through and this is where the static noise comes in its unbearable. I do have a easy £1 fix for this and il put it on this thread once Kanor Electric systems update all the bugs on the end.
Sound can't be fixed via any updates.
But all the other issues are software issues,
1 Changed to Mph and android speedo shows a Dail with mph but needle moves faster so in reality its kph.
2 oem page is not full screen, which isn't too much of a issue but it shows fuel remaining, also ok but it'll say 100 kilometres even though I changed to mph, but the same page on android screen shows mile. So everytime I go into reverse it'll change to kph.
​​​3 clock keeps resetting partial fixed which takes me on to the next point
4 We just come into British summer time and our time is +1 hour and this system is now 1 hour back, I've tried everything in the last 2 days, now am thinking what's next.
5 this should be point 1 for every one, when in Aux mode for android sound the is a static noise, your forced to go into a factory setting for the development team (password 666666) and change the Bluetooth settings so android screen and car are paired, but once you do this you cannot use you phone via android or oem.
6 Kanor android units don't show door information although the is a settings in the dev menu it looks like they have disabled it, all other unit have this and if your paying this sort of money all function should be on it and more importantly working.
7 I don't like the fact the Kanor unit displays the odometer on the android dashboard.
you might think am fussy but I know alot of people can put up with few of the issues but its better everyone knows.
Ive tried updates which was emailed, fat32 and several computers and usb later it didn't update and said error, seller hasn't still confirmed which issues this file is meant to fix, he will send me a file on a USB from China on the grounds I change the feed back, but only if all problem are resolved.
Hold on mate, don't buy one yet I will give a honest review on here once software is fixed I will also share how to fix the sound issue and the best place to hide the gps antenna for the best signal.
Old 03-29-21, 04:03 PM
s80heb
Rookie

Originally Posted by HKBruin
I have a Kanor unit. I selected "Satellite clock" under Settings in the Android side. It will first show 12:00 when you start the car. Then it will change back to the correct time a moment later (assuming you have the satellite antenna mounted properly).
I've fixed this issue but still 1 hour back as the system doesn't pick up bst
Old 03-29-21, 04:07 PM
s80heb
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexuscanuk
I am still reading up on this. I want to buy it, still on the fence..... but that 1,000 cdn price tag not sure if its worth it for ME for all the inconveniences. Now, what it would be cool tho and it would solve the joystick interface thing is if we could install the android unit version design from the NX that aliexpress vendors are selling. It would make our cars look like the 2021 IS interior plus then it would be close enough to reach with our hands.
Kanor, jog partly works and could do with more feed back, it's OK to work with
Old 03-29-21, 04:10 PM
s80heb
Rookie

can you get door information to work?
Old 03-29-21, 04:13 PM
s80heb
Rookie

if you still have problems with sound and static give me you email and tell you the fix, please don't share this as I want Kanor to fix all other software issues and might share this with them.
Old 03-30-21, 02:52 AM
sebaw
Driver

Originally Posted by s80heb
5 this should be point 1 for every one, when in Aux mode for android sound the is a static noise, your forced to go into a factory setting for the development team (password 666666) and change the Bluetooth settings so android screen and car are paired, but once you do this you cannot use you phone via android or oem.
Pair your Android screen with the Lexus OEM (but only as a music channel).
And pair the phone with Lexus OEM (as a phone call channel)
This way you can use the phone.
Old 03-30-21, 02:48 PM
purpleking
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSworks
Sadly it wont work with the Joystick. I spoke with someone there and they said they will speak with their Tech to see what the issue is with the joy stick why its not compatible.
If its something I can accept then yah I am all for the bigger screen and google maps with android auto LOL NIA will just have to wait .
Is this the joystick you are talking about? (not actual one) but similar. I was told by places that the joystick isn't a problem and that it can work. Can anyone confirm? Mine is a 2013 Lexus IS300h (Hybrid Version) not sold in America.

Old 04-09-21, 02:22 AM
dvolcov
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear friend, can I ask you to send an update (update.zip for 10.25" monitor based on s5p6818) to me too? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-09-21, 02:25 AM
dvolcov
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update file

Originally Posted by milimart
I got my updated today. I’ll try and then can send it to you
Dear friend, can I ask you to send an update (update.zip for 10.25" monitor based on s5p6818) to me too? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-29-21, 03:44 PM
sebaw
Driver

I found a hidden menu (you can change the aspect ratio of the OEM system - full or half).
The settings icon > then tap the screen 3 times > next to the settings header.

Last edited by sebaw; 04-29-21 at 03:48 PM.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca