IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-21, 04:47 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Does any of you bought the unit that come with this speaker shown item #4? I’m tired of not being able to hear nav instructions or Waze audio when in Bluetooth I want to hook up this speaker. My OG 4x4 unit has this jack but no speaker.

Old 04-30-21, 04:16 AM
sebaw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Does any of you bought the unit that come with this speaker shown item #4? I’m tired of not being able to hear nav instructions or Waze audio when in Bluetooth I want to hook up this speaker. My OG 4x4 unit has this jack but no speaker.

I installed a tiny speaker from an old LCD monitor and a mini mono amplifier. It works.

Old 04-30-21, 08:00 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sebaw
I installed a tiny speaker from an old LCD monitor and a mini mono amplifier. It works.
What kind of tiny speaker something I can buy from Amazon? I also need amplifier?

Would something like this work?
Amazon.com: uxcell a15080600ux0275 Metal Shell Round Internal Magnet Speaker 2W 8 Ohm (Pack of 4): Industrial & Scientific Amazon.com: uxcell a15080600ux0275 Metal Shell Round Internal Magnet Speaker 2W 8 Ohm (Pack of 4): Industrial & Scientific

Last edited by dojoman; 04-30-21 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-30-21, 10:38 AM
sebaw
Driver

What kind of tiny speaker something I can buy from Amazon? I also need amplifier?

Would something like this work?
Amazon.com: uxcell a15080600ux0275 Metal Shell Round Internal Magnet Speaker 2W 8 Ohm (Pack of 4): Industrial & Scientific

I don't know how it should work. It seems that the sound for navigation should be amplified, without an additional amplifier.

I am not an expert and unfortunately I do not know what parameters these speakers had (probably 4 Ohm and maybe 1~2W) - but the sound without the amplifier was very quiet.
The speakers looked similar:

Sound amplifier.
Something similar (12V, this: 2x15W)
Old 04-30-21, 10:43 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I don't know how it should work. It seems that the sound for navigation should be amplified, without an additional amplifier.

I am not an expert and unfortunately I do not know what parameters these speakers had (probably 4 Ohm and maybe 1~2W) - but the sound without the amplifier was very quiet.
The speakers looked similar:

Sound amplifier.
Something similar (12V, this: 2x15W)
So you just hookup red to red and white to white on the connectors coming out from harness? It has special black connector but it’s probably unique one. I tried to buy from Android unit seller but they won’t sell to me. How low is the volume without amp? I wouldn’t mind if it’s about same volume on iPhone speaker.
Old 04-30-21, 10:49 AM
sebaw
Driver

So you just hookup red to red and white to white on the connectors coming out from harness? It has special black connector but it’s probably unique one. I tried to buy from Android unit seller but they won’t sell to me. How low is the volume without amp? I wouldn’t mind if it’s about same volume on iPhone speaker.
Really low. Too low to hear anything while driving. Or maybe my HU is not working properly.
Old 04-30-21, 10:55 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Really low. Too low to hear anything while driving. Or maybe my HU is not working properly.
Too bad. Adding amp is a bit too clutter I have too many things behind screen including front camera switch. I might try to hookup a mini speaker just to test it out.
Old 05-14-21, 04:30 AM
lexuscanuk
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got my android unit and still installing it now. Does anyone know what this long bar is? it is not for the gps or speaker since those two are labeled. This came with no instructions or a list of components shipped.
Message Aliexpress vendor and they gave me a whatsapp number that I don't know if safe to contact?

Old 05-14-21, 05:24 AM
sebaw
Driver

Originally Posted by lexuscanuk
Just got my android unit and still installing it now. Does anyone know what this long bar is? it is not for the gps or speaker since those two are labeled. This came with no instructions or a list of components shipped.
Message Aliexpress vendor and they gave me a whatsapp number that I don't know if safe to contact?

WIFI or 4G antenna (if you have a version with a SIM card slot)
The following users liked this post:
lexuscanuk (05-14-21)
Old 05-14-21, 05:45 AM
lexuscanuk
Driver

WIFI or 4G antenna (if you have a version with a SIM card slot)
Yes, my version has wifi and 4g (simcard slot on the screen?) Thanks. Now to figure out if I should put everything behind the screen (except mike) or take the time (don't want to do this) and put the gps, wifi and speaker? outside which is more work and does not look good imo.
Old 05-14-21, 07:58 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

If you don't plan to use Android Map App you don't need to mount GPS. Carplay uses GPS from phone.
Old 05-17-21, 04:28 PM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by s80heb
MPH and F temperatureI think these are possibly fake. Although the unit names change, the actual numbers still seem to be in KM/C

did they send you a update? They sent me updates which doesn't work
I haven't updated my APK at all...still running the same as out of the box. I've been curious to see if anyone ever got this fixed.
Old 05-18-21, 07:09 PM
lexuscanuk
Driver

Does anyone know how to turn off the blue oem trajectory lines at the reverse camera? the new unit that I install comes with a pretty cool dynamic trajectory lines and they are both showing.
thanks.
Old 05-23-21, 04:22 PM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Ergo Touchpad added

Just added the Ergo Touchpad and it’s a GameChanger! I have long arms but always reaching the screen for CarPlay is a sore point.

I placed it where the OEM joystick was - simply pulled the joystick off and stuck it there. It can be reverted in seconds if need be. But the stick underneath works in a pinch.

I want to increase the mouse cursor size (its small), but I don’t have the accessibility option - and the only adjustment I can make is the cursor speed. ☹️

Old 05-29-21, 10:55 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuscanuk
Does anyone know how to turn off the blue oem trajectory lines at the reverse camera? the new unit that I install comes with a pretty cool dynamic trajectory lines and they are both showing.
thanks.
I've been wanting to do the same thing

Originally Posted by RocketG35
Just added the Ergo Touchpad and it’s a GameChanger! I have long arms but always reaching the screen for CarPlay is a sore point.

I placed it where the OEM joystick was - simply pulled the joystick off and stuck it there. It can be reverted in seconds if need be. But the stick underneath works in a pinch.

I want to increase the mouse cursor size (its small), but I don’t have the accessibility option - and the only adjustment I can make is the cursor speed. ☹️

I installed the same unit, in the same location, it IS a game changer, LOVE it!

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca