IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-21, 11:10 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

My NaviHua unit still works perfectly, No issues. No over heating since I installed the cpu fan.

I don't use the unit for much outside of music, navigation and mirroring.

I've had it for over a year now.
Old 08-14-21, 03:36 PM
pngo
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
My NaviHua unit still works perfectly, No issues. No over heating since I installed the cpu fan.

I don't use the unit for much outside of music, navigation and mirroring.

I've had it for over a year now.
Same here besides the occasional glitch where wireless carplay doesn’t connect automatically. I think this may be due to me being connected to other Bluetooth devices/WiFi networks
Old 08-14-21, 09:10 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Received 143 Likes on 104 Posts

Ok all,

I wanted to updated everyone. After tons of bath abs forth emails with tech support, we got it sorted out, and it was 100% my fault, user error.

So on the Lexion wiring harness, the jog mouse/wheel have separate harnesses that tie into those units. So you unplug the wheel or mouse, plug the Lexion harness into it and ties into the whole system. On the 4x4 unit, the jog mouse and wheel does not have a dedicated plug on the wiring harness. I mistakenly plugged in the connector meant for the back of the head unit, into the jog mouse. So the mouse worked correctly but there was no audio.

All is well now, and the unit works great. I couldn’t be happier with tech support and customer service of 4x4.
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (08-15-21)
Old 08-14-21, 09:26 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by InveredMP
Ok all,

I wanted to updated everyone. After tons of bath abs forth emails with tech support, we got it sorted out, and it was 100% my fault, user error.

So on the Lexion wiring harness, the jog mouse/wheel have separate harnesses that tie into those units. So you unplug the wheel or mouse, plug the Lexion harness into it and ties into the whole system. On the 4x4 unit, the jog mouse and wheel does not have a dedicated plug on the wiring harness. I mistakenly plugged in the connector meant for the back of the head unit, into the jog mouse. So the mouse worked correctly but there was no audio.

All is well now, and the unit works great. I couldn’t be happier with tech support and customer service of 4x4.
Glad it’s working out finally. The plug that you’re referring it’s called Audio on Lexion unit. No wonder there is no sound but I’m surprised joystick still works with wrong connector. How is the joystick control is it the same as Lexion? Is the screen resolution the same as Lexion? As I have more time to spend with Lexion one thing I’m disappointed is the screen. CarPlay icons don’t look that great looks kind of cheap looking maybe due to low resolution. I was sitting in Porsche with factory CarPlay, all icons look sharp and high res. Oh well I can’t have everything.
Old 08-14-21, 09:40 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dojoman
Glad it’s working out finally. The plug that you’re referring it’s called Audio on Lexion unit. No wonder there is no sound but I’m surprised joystick still works with wrong connector. How is the joystick control is it the same as Lexion? Is the screen resolution the same as Lexion? As I have more time to spend with Lexion one thing I’m disappointed is the screen. CarPlay icons don’t look that great looks kind of cheap looking maybe due to low resolution. I was sitting in Porsche with factory CarPlay, all icons look sharp and high res. Oh well I can’t have everything.
Resolution on the 3rd gen 4x4 is better than Lexion for sure. I liked how the joystick worked with Lexion better but it really isn't better so much as it is just different. But it works fine and is totally fine for normal use. Joystick with Lexion offers a bit more functionality, like you can push down, slide over and it scrolls menus and it works very well. The 4x4 unit doesn't do that. . I liked the function and ecosystem of Lexion, but as you know my unit never functioned properly, still didn't the day I took it out, and Lexion has gone radio silent. Had the Lexion unit worked perfectly out of the box, I would have been happy but the resolution is for sure different. I would say they are equally fast, the 4x4 is very smooth running through menus. CarPlay connects as fast, or even faster than Lexion, it is very close and neither unit bothered me with their boot up times.

It is a bummer I fumbled the install on this as it gave me a bad first impression but now that it works, I am happy with it. I am going to give it a few days but the customer service and tech support from 4x4 has been stellar, and doesn't even compare to Lexion. These units are close to a grand, and the customer service from Lexion has been atrocious. Comparing both units if they functioned 100%, I would honestly recommend 4x4 more simply from a support standpoint. And It might not be because of an install issue, or error. You might just have simple questions on the unit, or settings and they are so quick to respond. The geek in me will probably order the Android 11 unit when they release it.
The following 2 users liked this post by InveredMP:
Racer00J (08-15-21), whoismiked (08-15-21)
Old 08-15-21, 04:02 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 287 Likes on 194 Posts

Right on man, told you they would get you fixed up!

Did they give any hint as to when gen 4 would be out?
Old 08-15-21, 07:43 AM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by whoismiked
Right on man, told you they would get you fixed up!

Did they give any hint as to when gen 4 would be out?
I was told that they expect them at the end of the month.
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (08-15-21)
Old 08-17-21, 03:56 AM
Gersey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, one problem i got with this unit.

Anyone has an idea ?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Gersey
Hi everybody,

I have somes issues with my lexus IS300h in europe. Theses troubles appened after i replaced my screen by an android unit from 4x4 shop.
I found an other guy like me from my country that has exactly the same problem.

Here a video that explain my problem of delay to unlock door : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1kRnV8A620

as you can see, there is a small delay on unlocking doors with key at distance. There is no noticeable delay on locking.

And the delay to unlock door is approximately 4 second with the keyless system. But no delay to lock the doors with the keyless system.

There is no delay to unlock/lock trunk.

Of course i have asked to 4X4'shop after-sales service and my local lexus garage but no one have any clue to help me.

Does anyone have an idea to solve this ?

I apologie for my poor language. I'm not fluent in english.

See you on the road
Old 08-17-21, 05:18 AM
InveredMP
Intermediate

I would reach out to their technical support. I don’t have that issue.
Old 08-17-21, 07:40 AM
Gersey
Driver School Candidate

I would reach out to their technical support. I don’t have that issue.
i already did it, but they can't help me due to they never had this issue before.
Old 08-17-21, 07:50 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Hi, one problem i got with this unit.

Anyone has an idea ?

Thanks
Interesting problem I wonder how the screen can interfere with unlocking system, delay is quite long it will irritate me so much but did you try to unplug the screen or harness to see the problem goes away? It could be something else.
Old 08-17-21, 07:58 AM
Gersey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dojoman
Interesting problem I wonder how the screen can interfere with unlocking system, delay is quite long it will irritate me so much but did you try to unplug the screen or harness to see the problem goes away? It could be something else.
The other guy that have this issue tried this. He replaced the screen but it was the same (delaw was applying with the lexus screen).

I did not try to replace/ unplug - wait 5 min - replug battery. Do you think this can be helpeful ?
Old 08-17-21, 09:15 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

The other guy that have this issue tried this. He replaced the screen but it was the same (delaw was applying with the lexus screen).

I did not try to replace/ unplug - wait 5 min - replug battery. Do you think this can be helpeful ?
It doesn't sound like related to Android screen so I'm not sure. You can try to unplug battery for 10 min it will reset ECU.
Old 08-17-21, 11:04 AM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Is there a way to have calls not go through the little external speaker that is included with the unit?
Old 08-17-21, 11:06 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Is there a way to have calls not go through the little external speaker that is included with the unit?
Lexion does not come with it. Unplug it? Does this speaker work in Carplay?

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca