InveredMP
Intermediate

Received 142 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by sebaw
This is interesting (4gen)
You can use Android Auto or Carplay (Wireless)and factory BT:
https://youtu.be/90PuCWEwbBA?t=235

Because it is BT 5.0.
This may not be applicable to Lexus. We have to see if the Lexus unit specifically will allow for this.
Old 09-22-21, 08:32 PM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by InveredMP
This may not be applicable to Lexus. We have to see if the Lexus unit specifically will allow for this.
damn this would solve all the issues we r having. Hopefully it’s true for Lexus too.

they keep saying they’ll release soon for Lexus but it’s taking forever.
Old 09-22-21, 08:34 PM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Also, I have a 2017 Lexus IS 350 fsport series 3.

I have the factory navi system wjrh the large screen along with the joystick. Not the jog wheel.

csn someone confirm if the 4x4 will work with my setup?
Old 09-22-21, 08:37 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by InveredMP
For some reason first gen 4x4 I had connects to OEM BT for phone calls somehow this got changed on all newer units. I don’t think it’s related to BT 5.0.
Old 10-07-21, 04:14 PM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

i am getting my 4X4 android 10 installed tomorrow, can someone confirm the following:

will videos work while driving? like youtube, netflix, apple music videos etc..

or if i have videos in SD card, will they work while driving?
Old 10-07-21, 09:56 PM
Sonn
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruzifan
i am getting my 4X4 android 10 installed tomorrow, can someone confirm the following:

will videos work while driving? like youtube, netflix, apple music videos etc..

or if i have videos in SD card, will they work while driving?
Yes, dowload YouTube Vanced apk u can watch n play music in the background without advertisement. Doesn't for iphone though, only Android.
Old 10-07-21, 11:09 PM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Sonn
Yes, dowload YouTube Vanced apk u can watch n play music in the background without advertisement. Doesn't for iphone though, only Android.
thanks!

so if i download netflix on android, i can play a movie and drive at the same time?
Old 10-08-21, 08:23 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

thanks!

so if i download netflix on android, i can play a movie and drive at the same time?
At least to my knowledge the system doesn't lock the screen while driving on Lexion. Should be the same on 4x4.
Old 10-08-21, 08:45 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
At least to my knowledge the system doesn't lock the screen while driving on Lexion. Should be the same on 4x4.
Confirmed, the 4x4 unit can play media while in drive. There is no lockout

thanks!

​​​​​​ Yes. Would only recommend for passengers for obvious reasons
Old 10-08-21, 08:51 AM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by whoismiked
Confirmed, the 4x4 unit can play media while in drive. There is no lockout

​​​​​​ Yes. Would only recommend for passengers for obvious reasons
yes absolutely. it's not like i'll playing play anything but just asking as im curious if it'll work
Old 10-11-21, 03:39 AM
cal78
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep and with split screen u can watch a movie and follow waze.

i have some question after install it since 6 months.

i cant use mic for android system( not working but seems like normal) is it normal?
mirror link not really worked ( depend if i m using my samsung or my Xiaomi ) but everything are not fixed when i use my touchpad to my screen car to launch application on my screensmartphone. (==> i have a specific trakpad with usb android 'screen to use without touch screen...) ==> do you have a solution or use a better application ( i was trying with team viewer but it' s not the best solution. )

link touchpad https://ergonomictouchpad.com/cart.php
Old 10-13-21, 11:53 AM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

so just a quick update. i just got back from 4X4 shop. unfortunatly, if you have a Lexus IS with a 10.25" screen from factory 2017 and up usually, the units dont work.

You need to have a 8" for them to work. The guys tried different units and tried their best but if your car already has a factory 10.25 screen with navi, these system wont work.

Really sucks because i wanted carplay. Oh well.
Old 10-13-21, 01:08 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

so just a quick update. i just got back from 4X4 shop. unfortunatly, if you have a Lexus IS with a 10.25" screen from factory 2017 and up usually, the units dont work.

You need to have a 8" for them to work. The guys tried different units and tried their best but if your car already has a factory 10.25 screen with navi, these system wont work.

Really sucks because i wanted carplay. Oh well.
I thought you already knew or must be another member? I already told them there's no carplay available for factory 10.25" maybe stand alone box might work but you need to find the right one.
Old 10-13-21, 03:27 PM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dojoman
I thought you already knew or must be another member? I already told them there's no carplay available for factory 10.25" maybe stand alone box might work but you need to find the right one.
yes based on what I read, but the guys at 4x4 insisted they’d try. I went last week they tried and it didn’t work and said they extracted the factory software and WOKLD update the firmware to make it work. So I went back today after the update was ready, and they concluded it still didn’t work because the screen wouldn’t turn on. They can hear everything but the screen won’t turn on and thinks it has to do with the Wiring of the large factory display.

so at this point, is there any option for me? 10.25 factory screen with Navi, I’m just tryna get car play. I don’t like the sonicbeat mirror option.
Old 10-13-21, 05:56 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

yes based on what I read, but the guys at 4x4 insisted they’d try. I went last week they tried and it didn’t work and said they extracted the factory software and WOKLD update the firmware to make it work. So I went back today after the update was ready, and they concluded it still didn’t work because the screen wouldn’t turn on. They can hear everything but the screen won’t turn on and thinks it has to do with the Wiring of the large factory display.

so at this point, is there any option for me? 10.25 factory screen with Navi, I’m just tryna get car play. I don’t like the sonicbeat mirror option.
Contact Grom it does say 2017-2020 not sure Nav models are compatible.

https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/le...n-upgrade.html

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca