IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-21, 06:02 PM
Sonn
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone tried to 3d print a custom mount bracket? It would look like 2021 model, the screen is much closer and easy to use.
Old 10-14-21, 06:53 PM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Contact Grom it does say 2017-2020 not sure Nav models are compatible.

https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/le...n-upgrade.html
thanks, i contacted them and exactly mentioned that i have a factory navi and 10.26 screen. they said the Vline2 will work with that system. They will use the car's AUX. so im guessing any audio out of that Vline will come out of my aux??
i want to know if im connected to carplay, and use it to play music, it will come out of AUX, not my factory BT right? What happens if i call someone, does it use Vline aux and mic or factory bluetooth and factory mic?

Did anyone install this product here on their car? how is it?
Old 10-14-21, 07:42 PM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Sonn
Anyone tried to 3d print a custom mount bracket? It would look like 2021 model, the screen is much closer and easy to use.
not a bad idea. if anyone does it, please let me kjnow i wouldn't mind paying for this mod
Old 10-15-21, 08:18 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruzifan
thanks, i contacted them and exactly mentioned that i have a factory navi and 10.26 screen. they said the Vline2 will work with that system. They will use the car's AUX. so im guessing any audio out of that Vline will come out of my aux??
i want to know if im connected to carplay, and use it to play music, it will come out of AUX, not my factory BT right? What happens if i call someone, does it use Vline aux and mic or factory bluetooth and factory mic?

Did anyone install this product here on their car? how is it?
AUX is always audio output for all these systems including 4x4 and Lexion. You just have to select AUX output in Lexus media to hear audio.
Old 10-16-21, 10:33 PM
gbutler24
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
I thought you already knew or must be another member? I already told them there's no carplay available for factory 10.25" maybe stand alone box might work but you need to find the right one.
That's BS. I would have thought that they would already have known that. So this option doesn't work either? https://4x4shop.ca/product/2014-2019...rface/#buy-now
I have not purchased my is yet, but this whole thing is making think I should scratch my original plan of getting a 18-20 and just getting a 21. I like the body of the 17-20 more, but the built in carplay is headache free.
Old 10-17-21, 09:44 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gbutler24
That's BS. I would have thought that they would already have known that. So this option doesn't work either? https://4x4shop.ca/product/2014-2019...rface/#buy-now
I have not purchased my is yet, but this whole thing is making think I should scratch my original plan of getting a 18-20 and just getting a 21. I like the body of the 17-20 more, but the built in carplay is headache free.
Might as well get 21 Model. I just helped family member with installing factory CarPlay with software update from Toyota for Camry. Factory CarPlay is so much better, you even hear navigation turn while listening to any audio input. It works a lot more seamless. It boggles my mind with just software update it works so well and smooth and it’s free.
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (10-17-21)
Old 10-18-21, 07:30 PM
Pandaaz
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got the lexion kit for my is250, does anyone know what the extra nav box is for? all the tutorials on youtube ive seen are just the screen installation with all the cables, not with an extra nav box. Unless im missing something? and where would you put this nav box or would it replace an existing one? the box is called navi multimedia monitor.
Thanks
Old 10-18-21, 07:54 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pandaaz
I just got the lexion kit for my is250, does anyone know what the extra nav box is for? all the tutorials on youtube ive seen are just the screen installation with all the cables, not with an extra nav box. Unless im missing something? and where would you put this nav box or would it replace an existing one? the box is called navi multimedia monitor.
Thanks
External box has main processing unit it doesn’t work with just screen. Less prone to overheating the main board since you would put this box somewhere behind glovebox, screen does get real hot under the sun. It does make the install more complicated though.
Jazzrock (10-18-21)
Old 10-18-21, 11:04 PM
Pandaaz
Driver School Candidate

oh ok, im getting someone to install it for me anyway so it should be all good.
Jazzrock (10-18-21)
Old 10-18-21, 11:08 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 162 Posts

oh ok, im getting someone to install it for me anyway so it should be all good.
I had a local car audio shop install it in June and have had no issues. Here are the diagrams, in any case.
I wish I had asked that the two USB cables not been put in the glove box. I would have asked to put them through
the head unit area. A minor inconvenience.

Last edited by Jazzrock; 10-18-21 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-19-21, 04:29 AM
Pandaaz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
I had a local car audio shop install it in June and have had no issues. Here are the diagrams, in any case.
I wish I had asked that the two USB cables not been put in the glove box. I would have asked to put them through
the head unit area. A minor inconvenience.

Ah ok thank you for the pictures, is there anything specific you let the shop know before letting them do it?
Jazzrock (10-19-21)
Old 10-19-21, 11:40 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 162 Posts

Ah ok thank you for the pictures, is there anything specific you let the shop know before letting them do it?
No. As I said, I wish I had had them route the two USB cables around and through the head unit area rather than leave them in the glove box.
Other than that, any good shop shouldn't have a problem doing it. My local shop is great. The unit fits behind the glove box. You could pass these
photos along to the installer to make things easier for them.
Old 10-19-21, 12:00 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Depending on what yr your car there might not be that much space behind glovebox. I got lucky my car had some room but some 2016 model there's no space you have to put it between cabin air filter and back of glovebox, not an idea spot.
Jazzrock (10-19-21)
Old 10-19-21, 06:32 PM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

i just ordered the Grom Vline 2 for my 2017 Lexus IS350 WITH NAVI. It's the default 10.25 screen. Im wondering if that screen is touch screen. Will i be able to swipe through pages etc with the Grom or i can only use the joystick.
Old 10-19-21, 08:20 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ruzifan
i just ordered the Grom Vline 2 for my 2017 Lexus IS350 WITH NAVI. It's the default 10.25 screen. Im wondering if that screen is touch screen. Will i be able to swipe through pages etc with the Grom or i can only use the joystick.
Lexus OEM screen is not touch screen it sits way too far, should check with Grom whether joystick works or not. I believe only 2021+ models have touch screen it sits closer to driver.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca