IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-21, 08:35 PM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Lexus OEM screen is not touch screen it sits way too far, should check with Grom whether joystick works or not. I believe only 2021+ models have touch screen it sits closer to driver.

yes I confirmed with Grom and joystick does work. Was just wondering if the oem screen was touch or not
Old 10-20-21, 03:07 AM
Pandaaz
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys i got the lexion installed but cant seem to get the joystick working in the android screen but it works in the normal screen? all the cables were installed and im assuming if it wasnt installed properly it wouldnt work in the normal screen as well, is there any setting i need to enable to get it working?
Old 10-20-21, 07:58 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Pandaaz
Hey guys i got the lexion installed but cant seem to get the joystick working in the android screen but it works in the normal screen? all the cables were installed and im assuming if it wasnt installed properly it wouldnt work in the normal screen as well, is there any setting i need to enable to get it working?
You connected joystick connector to back of joystick on armrest right? There is a setting to use as either joystick or touchpad. normally it should come preconfigured for your car but you may have to change it. It's in Advanced Setting I think.. you need password 8868123.
Old 10-20-21, 04:00 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Received 142 Likes on 104 Posts

You won't get any help from Lexion because the company is complete and utter garbage.

More than likely your joystick harness was wrapped within the harness and not exposed, as mine was. It should work on both. Or like mine, you have an issue with the harness and the dirtbag company won't make it right.
Old 10-20-21, 04:42 PM
Pandaaz
Driver School Candidate

I have switched it to origin rotary **** or mouse now cause before it was in rotary **** or mouse but neither seem to work.
Old 10-20-21, 04:45 PM
Pandaaz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by InveredMP
You won't get any help from Lexion because the company is complete and utter garbage.

More than likely your joystick harness was wrapped within the harness and not exposed, as mine was. It should work on both. Or like mine, you have an issue with the harness and the dirtbag company won't make it right.
Wouldn't everything be connected cause the joystick is working on the normal Lexus screen but not the new one so I was thinking it would be a software issue not hardware.
Old 10-20-21, 05:00 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Wouldn't everything be connected cause the joystick is working on the normal Lexus screen but not the new one so I was thinking it would be a software issue not hardware.
The Lexion wiring harness has 2 options for mouse or rotary type (at least my one has), both have passthru for original lexus harness so Lexus side will still work even if wrong harness connections used.
Old 10-20-21, 05:27 PM
Pandaaz
Driver School Candidate

ah ok, i got a shop to do it so they mustve connected the wrong one, how hard is it for me to fix it myself?
Old 10-20-21, 07:43 PM
Pandaaz
Driver School Candidate

Also, the small part infront of the screen doesnt fit and the middle pops out like many others on this forum, was there a fix that anyone said?
Old 10-20-21, 08:14 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

Also, the small part infront of the screen doesnt fit and the middle pops out like many others on this forum, was there a fix that anyone said?
You should go back to the shop and have them fix any issues you are having. I would do that if there were problems. I had no issues with my installation
and you shouldn't either. You paid for it to be properly installed and working correctly.
Old 10-20-21, 09:10 PM
Pandaaz
Driver School Candidate

The shop i went too was not very good my friend recommended me it but they scratched up a bit of my trim and im not comfortable going back to them to be honest and they offered me a full refund. so i would rather just deal with it myself. But i think the middle piece popping out is not because of the shop but because my car is RHD and this piece seems to be LHD. as u can see in the photo the left and right hand seem perfect but the middle is completely different to the OEM one below.

Old 10-20-21, 10:23 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

The shop i went too was not very good my friend recommended me it but they scratched up a bit of my trim and im not comfortable going back to them to be honest and they offered me a full refund. so i would rather just deal with it myself. But i think the middle piece popping out is not because of the shop but because my car is RHD and this piece seems to be LHD. as u can see in the photo the left and right hand seem perfect but the middle is completely different to the OEM one below.
You have same issue I had but reverse, my car is LHD but they sent me RHD. Took them 2 months to send me correct one but replacement went to another guy he had to ship it to me. There is a fix you trim off the clips that don’t line up basically trim most clips but leave a few. It will cover the hole but just be a bit loose.
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (10-21-21)
Old 10-20-21, 10:36 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Even the RHD bracket they send is wrong, needs bits cut off in the middle to actually fit
Old 10-20-21, 11:02 PM
Pandaaz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Droth
Even the RHD bracket they send is wrong, needs bits cut off in the middle to actually fit
ah ok so if i just cut all the bits off in the middle it should fit fine?
Old 10-20-21, 11:47 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

ah ok so if i just cut all the bits off in the middle it should fit fine?
From memory it was just a matter of clipping off centre bits that don't line up with oem one

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca