IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-21, 01:25 AM
Pandaaz
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Droth
From memory it was just a matter of clipping off centre bits that don't line up with oem one
Yep! Thanks I was able to get it flush now with the rest of the dash. Now I just gotta find a way to get the right wire and harness connected to the OEM mouse since the shop connected the wrong wire I'm assuming
Old 10-21-21, 02:15 AM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Pandaaz
Yep! Thanks I was able to get it flush now with the rest of the dash. Now I just gotta find a way to get the right wire and harness connected to the OEM mouse since the shop connected the wrong wire I'm assuming
There should be part of Lexion harness plugged in to joystick (think it's labelled "for mouse" (might have to translate label using phone etc)) then original lexus joystick harness plugs into it
Old 10-21-21, 08:15 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Pandaaz
Go back to the shop to have them fix it since they installed it.
Old 10-22-21, 07:06 PM
gbutler24
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruzifan
yes I confirmed with Grom and joystick does work. Was just wondering if the oem screen was touch or not
Report back when you get this setup. I'm interested in this as well. Doesn't seem to be a lot of videos online about it.
Old 10-22-21, 07:24 PM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gbutler24
Report back when you get this setup. I'm interested in this as well. Doesn't seem to be a lot of videos online about it.
u just missed the group buy from Facebook. I got it $530. $130 off.

I seen other ppl on fb with the large Navi screen and a video of how it all works. Looks pretty good. It’s the only unit that works for ppl who has a screen with Navi from factory and wanfs Cary play and other android feature.
Old 11-26-21, 06:37 AM
gbutler24
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess you can now get it with the factory 10.25 in screen and joystick now? This was posted 6 days ago. Looks like they figured it out.

Old 12-31-21, 03:19 PM
loginameid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by InveredMP
Ok all,

I wanted to updated everyone. After tons of bath abs forth emails with tech support, we got it sorted out, and it was 100% my fault, user error.

So on the Lexion wiring harness, the jog mouse/wheel have separate harnesses that tie into those units. So you unplug the wheel or mouse, plug the Lexion harness into it and ties into the whole system. On the 4x4 unit, the jog mouse and wheel does not have a dedicated plug on the wiring harness. I mistakenly plugged in the connector meant for the back of the head unit, into the jog mouse. So the mouse worked correctly but there was no audio.

All is well now, and the unit works great. I couldn’t be happier with tech support and customer service of 4x4.

Hey, I'm installing the 4x4 unit on my IS 350 2015 with joh control. Having similar issue you had with no sound at all from the unit, but the OEM bluetooth is fine. Can you elaborate more on the solution that you implemented? My mouse is working fine but I'm not sure which cable you're talking about. does the yellow A/V out cable go anywhere? I have that not plugged into anything.

Thanks
Old 01-03-22, 09:57 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by loginameid
Hey, I'm installing the 4x4 unit on my IS 350 2015 with joh control. Having similar issue you had with no sound at all from the unit, but the OEM bluetooth is fine. Can you elaborate more on the solution that you implemented? My mouse is working fine but I'm not sure which cable you're talking about. does the yellow A/V out cable go anywhere? I have that not plugged into anything.

Thanks
I think you have one of the 16-pin connectors from 4x4 plugged into this in joystick controller on armrest see pic. Remove it but instead connect to back of the radio, you still have to daisy chain oem harness to 4x4 harness. Ignore yellow AV in its not used. Make sure replug the joystick controller to OEM harness you probably took it off in the beginning.

Old 01-03-22, 05:11 PM
loginameid
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dojoman
I think you have one of the 16-pin connectors from 4x4 plugged into this in joystick controller on armrest see pic. Remove it but instead connect to back of the radio, you still have to daisy chain oem harness to 4x4 harness. Ignore yellow AV in its not used. Make sure replug the joystick controller to OEM harness you probably took it off in the beginning.

I figured this out, it ended up being the aux cord that came with the unit needing to be plugged into the aux jack inside my center console LOL.
For some reason I thought it was to plug into a phone since they were essentially bundled with the same 2 usb cables that connects to the ZLINK.

I bought the 4x4 unit on clearance for $388, I was actually instaling a similar module to the beatsonic one I bought for $380 but my jog control would not work, after 3 days troubleshooting, I saw 4x4 had a sale. so I returned the module and bought the android instead. I'm super lucky

Last edited by loginameid; 01-03-22 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-03-22, 05:28 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by loginameid
I figured this out, it ended up being the aux cord that came with the unit needing to be plugged into the aux jack inside my center console LOL.
For some reason I thought it was to plug into a phone since they were essentially bundled with the same 2 usb cables that connects to the ZLINK.

I bought the 4x4 unit on clearance for $388, I was actually instaling a similar module to the beatsonic one I bought for $380 but my jog control would not work, after 3 days troubleshooting, I saw 4x4 had a sale. so I returned the module and bought the android instead. I'm super lucky
That’s a steal which model of 4x4 it has Android 10? You probably got previous Gen with Android 8 but it’s still a great deal.
Old 01-03-22, 08:21 PM
loginameid
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dojoman
That’s a steal which model of 4x4 it has Android 10? You probably got previous Gen with Android 8 but it’s still a great deal.
Nope, what I bought was the Android 10 version. On settings it's Android 11, maybe I updated it or something? CPU-Z and Android settings shows Android 11, kernel 4.9.112, API level 28, patch level 2019-10-05.

Not sure how the "custom appliances" world works, but I'm guessing certain program breaks with new updates but I don't need the latest and greatest patches for this thing.

Had to tweak some settings but everything is working great so far.
My steering wheel voice button goes straight to android-auto google voice, any google command seamlessly works well, and voice call goes directly to my OEM bluetooth after changing settings.

Haven't run into any issues people seem to mention on here yet (my first day).

Had to go to the advanced setting to get my OEM back to full screen because 10-15% was cut off to the left.
Old 02-12-22, 10:43 AM
Catete350z
Driver School Candidate

Default 2014 Lexus is250 base

i have a 2014 is250 base , will this work just fone since i dont have naviation

Old 04-25-22, 09:51 AM
armandckj
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys.
IS300h, LHD, late 2013, gen III, navigation, joystick, 8" screen, factory rear view cam, no ML.
Navirider 10.25" Android 11. Kernel 4.9.112, Api 30 from Autojeta.
This display only has 2 cables coming from it. One to the radio where it splits in 2.
And one for mic, speaker, usb (labeled Carplay).

Removing the radio/screen went fine.
Putting back the radio was quite difficult because of lots the extra plugs behind it.

I have not yet routed the gps neatly, it now sit on top of the dash.
Signal strengt is between red and yellow but it seems to work somewhat.
navigation apps (Here WeGo and Google Maps) lag!.

Mic and speaker mounted on the right of the steering column.
I read somewhere that is a good place.
Mic is needed as the car mic is not used bij Siri.

I installed the speaker because navigation sound was really bad but no I have no sound?

Only volume buttons works on steering wheel.
Mouse only goes left and right in android mode.
As i have no Android i struggle to get the screen setup for my needs.
Wired carplay seems fine and fast.
I do not know where/how to enable wireless carplay.
I cannot find the split screen icon in the status bar.
Somehow i lost my lexus DAB+ sound??? FM is fine.
I cannot get the navigation sound coming through.
As most of these units, the display does nog fit neatly but on an angle under te dash.
Brightness seems to low in sunny conditions.
Touch seems fine.

When you push an a lexus button the systeem immediately goes to a lexus screen.
Buttons like home, mode, up/down invoke that.
When you touch the screen the android goes to the home menu, not to what is was!

As this is een really wide screen, selecting a area for google maps to download as offline map is not so easy.

Connecting the unit to my home wifi is nearly impossible. Wifi signal reception is very weak.
Connecting to my iphone hotspot is fine.

The English translations are at best not good.
The Dutch is terrible.

The seller gives strange answers to my questions.
Likely due to Alibaba translate.
The engineer only communicates on whats+app. I have not heard from him yet.

Tested sounds.
Playing iPhone music (could be in lexus BT mode!) while in CarPlay and using navigation.
The music mutes as the navigation says something but I hear nothing.

Playing android sound and using android navigation (google maps/Here WeGo) gives the same experience.

Putting the lexus systeem in aux and running the android navigation gives the same (silence) experience.

All in all, a difficult experience.

Hope to hear fro the seller/engineer soon.

Armand
Old 04-29-22, 04:56 AM
armandckj
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oke. Lots of difficult computer Chinese-English translations further.
I still cannot get reliable sound from the Android or Carplay Navigation.
The system is also unpredictable: sometimes after reversing it switches back to the app it was in or sometimes it just goes to the Android Home Screen.
This same unpredictable response is also visible when switching from the Lexus screen back.

I will be returning the unit.

I emailed 4x4 to find how there system works but they also seem slow in responding.

Regards, Armand
Old 04-29-22, 08:57 AM
sebaw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by armandckj
Oke. Lots of difficult computer Chinese-English translations further.
I still cannot get reliable sound from the Android or Carplay Navigation.

Regards, Armand
Maybe a small amplifier is needed for this little loudspeaker for navigation.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca