IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-18, 01:34 PM
aznknightz
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok half way through my trip and I'm here to report everything working great!! No flickering as of yet. I was able to use my work iPhone XS and launched AutoPlay, plugged in iPhone, CarPlay launched and I select Waze using my phone and I'm on my way.

Possible bug: When in CarPlay and using Waze, if you are playing music from a mode ie. XM., and changing channels from your preset that still belongs to XM, it's fine, but if you keep changing your channels and it goes from XM to Radio, it will switch back to the factory radio mode and showing your channels presets and exit out of CarPlay and Waze. To fix this, tap "Back" icon, click Android, click Auto Play and you're back to your original Waze screen.

Possible bug 2: When in CarPlay with phone still attached, you turn off the car and let's say pump gas. You come back inside and turn on the car, you will get annoying pop up as seen below. Tap "use as default, tap Ok, then go back to CarPlay, everything still the same."

@dkotoric did you guys have to do anything to get the flicker or was it occurring randomly? I'm trying to test this unit and see if I can get the flickering as well.

Apple CarPlay working pretty damn well.

Ok after further digging, setting the clock settings to this, I no longer have clock not remebering time issue.
Old 10-22-18, 01:36 PM
dkotoric
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Interesting, and no the flickering would just atarton its own, nothing u do, it didnt happen to me yesterday at all but did happen on my way to work thos morning
Old 10-22-18, 01:42 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

@dkotoric 4x4 shop sent me the CarPlay file. Ask them for it.
Old 10-22-18, 04:08 PM
aznknightz
Driver School Candidate

How's the update guys? Everything ironed out ok?
Old 10-22-18, 04:11 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aznknightz
How's the update guys? Everything ironed out ok?
Everything is good to go! I got Apple CarPlay up and working again too.
Old 10-22-18, 04:18 PM
aznknightz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Flash5

Everything is good to go! I got Apple CarPlay up and working again too.
Nice!! When you're free can you test to see if you experience the same two bugs I had posted earlier today?

Also what is the update file format? I assumed Fred sent you two files for updates? And what is the file OS version now?
Old 10-22-18, 04:42 PM
lychee416
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I live in Toronto Ontario and have a 10 inch screen with navigation system. I would like Apple carplay too.i have joystick and would like a touchpad instead.
Old 10-22-18, 05:02 PM
Burrcold
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by lychee416
I live in Toronto Ontario and have a 10 inch screen with navigation system. I would like Apple carplay too.i have joystick and would like a touchpad instead.
You're out of luck on both fronts. You need the non-navigation wheel.
Old 10-22-18, 05:07 PM
lychee416
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold

You're out of luck on both fronts. You need the non-navigation wheel.
Damn. I have to wait for something else.
Old 10-22-18, 05:42 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Nice!! When you're free can you test to see if you experience the same two bugs I had posted earlier today?

Also what is the update file format? I assumed Fred sent you two files for updates? And what is the file OS version now?
It’s just one update file. 1.4ish GB haha. He sent it as a .rar file then I unzipped it and it’s one folder with a bunch of files that you need on the thumb drive.

So the first bug you’re having has always been the case with mine since I installed the unit, if anything happens to exit out of CarPlay it takes you back to the default android screen when you try go back to it instead of straight back to CarPlay and you have to tap CarPlay to get back to it once again. The second bug I haven’t tried because if I don’t unplug my iPhone XS Max from the unit when I restart the car and force exit the auto play app, I get this image and I have to force exit anyways and then all is fine. So I just unplug my phone and then I force quit the app and then open it back up and plug my iPhone in.

Old 10-22-18, 06:21 PM
aznknightz
Driver School Candidate

It’s just one update file. 1.4ish GB haha. He sent it as a .rar file then I unzipped it and it’s one folder with a bunch of files that you need on the thumb drive.

So the first bug you’re having has always been the case with mine since I installed the unit, if anything happens to exit out of CarPlay it takes you back to the default android screen when you try go back to it instead of straight back to CarPlay and you have to tap CarPlay to get back to it once again. The second bug I haven’t tried because if I don’t unplug my iPhone XS Max from the unit when I restart the car and force exit the auto play app, I get this image and I have to force exit anyways and then all is fine. So I just unplug my phone and then I force quit the app and then open it back up and plug my iPhone in.

I was going to post this problem as well. Lol I saw this bug as well during my drive. And Yea I did the same, FC CarPlay and rerun the app and plug my iPhone in as well.

Ps. Did anyone went into Dev mode and change the UI animation down from 1x to 0.5x? Minor tweak to make it snappier.

Old 10-22-18, 06:22 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

I was going to post this problem as well. Lol I saw this bug as well during my drive. And Yea I did the same, FC CarPlay and rerun the app and plug my iPhone in as well.

Ps. Did anyone went into Dev mode and change the UI animation down from 1x to 0.5x? Minor tweak to make it snappier.

Nope, does it actually make it better? I’ll have to try it out.
Old 10-22-18, 06:41 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Hey so quick question for you guys, when you get a call or try to open a text in Apple CarPlay does it snap back to the stock screen and route through there? Also does you music sound super distant with no bass when you play music through the unit itself vs the stock radio?
Old 10-22-18, 07:37 PM
dkotoric
Pole Position

Hey so quick question for you guys, when you get a call or try to open a text in Apple CarPlay does it snap back to the stock screen and route through there? Also does you music sound super distant with no bass when you play music through the unit itself vs the stock radio?
Hmm I'm on androiAand its just a little quiter for me on Android not really distant.
Old 10-22-18, 07:38 PM
dkotoric
Pole Position

Now question for u, if u are on thw android interface like using something on android, soes ur unit semetimes switch back to the Lexus interface on its own.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca