IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-18, 02:13 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by Okstate20
I noticed your startup interface looks different then the others that are posted on here. I see an FM icon. Does the android screen have its own FM screen and if so does the control on radio and streeting wheel work with it, or does it just use the OEM FM.
Hmmm not sure, I don’t ever use FM on the OEM interface nor on the android interface lol
Old 12-19-18, 08:01 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5

Hmmm not sure, I don’t ever use FM on the OEM interface nor on the android interface lol
I was assuming the screen was going to come with brackets like the OEM screen in order to bolt into the dash but I received my unit and it does not. How does this bolt into the dash? Also is the screen square, in the video it looks like the right side of the screen is out further then the left side. TIA!
Old 12-20-18, 03:28 AM
Burrcold
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by MD3
I was assuming the screen was going to come with brackets like the OEM screen in order to bolt into the dash but I received my unit and it does not. How does this bolt into the dash? Also is the screen square, in the video it looks like the right side of the screen is out further then the left side. TIA!
The right side of the screen is out further on the OEM screen as well.
Old 12-20-18, 04:44 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MD3
The 4 little clips on the back of the OEM screen take them off and put them on the new unit. Save the bracket in case you want to put the OEM screen back on one day.
Old 12-20-18, 04:45 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Burrcold

The right side of the screen is out further on the OEM screen as well.
Yeah, this is normal so the viewing angle is optimized for the driver.
Old 12-21-18, 08:55 PM
genefloyd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dkotoric
FYI their engineer did tell me that MPH and Fahrenheit should be included in the next update.
How are yall updating? I just installed mines and literally had to sideload google play services for all the apps to work because I kept getting a message saying there was a problem communicating with google servers whenever I tried opening youtube or spotify.

But back to updating... when I'm in the settings and go under update, there's a MCU file that I can check. Am I supposed to click that and update? I'm scared it's going to do something funny when I do.
Old 12-22-18, 06:17 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by genefloyd
How are yall updating? I just installed mines and literally had to sideload google play services for all the apps to work because I kept getting a message saying there was a problem communicating with google servers whenever I tried opening youtube or spotify.

But back to updating... when I'm in the settings and go under update, there's a MCU file that I can check. Am I supposed to click that and update? I'm scared it's going to do something funny when I do.
We get our update files directly from 4x4 Shop put them on a USB drive and manually update.
Old 12-23-18, 12:49 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by specONE
And I can confirm that is a harness connector for a navigation model stereo.

Please keep us updated

I'd prefer octa-core and 4gb of ram before I pull the trigger. Wait for revision hardware specs
Installed unit yesterday (nav + jog control version). Can confirm wiring harness correct and jog control works.
Basic testing everything seems to work although quirky
Had to set backup cam to non oem in settings to get to work (even though it then uses oem connection) and then doesn't show parking sonar. With backup camera in oem mode it shows parking sonar but no image (camera cable supplied makes no difference). Will email Fred re this.
Also for those with RHD, plastic bit supplied that fits below screen is for LHD only

Octa core and 4gb would be nice, unit isn't exactly fast
The following users liked this post:
truu (12-23-18)
Old 12-23-18, 01:02 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 503 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Droth
Installed unit yesterday (nav + jog control version). Can confirm wiring harness correct and jog control works.
Had to set backup cam to non oem in settings to get to work (even though it then uses oem connection) and then doesn't show parking sonar. With backup camera in oem mode it shows parking sonar but no image (camera cable supplied makes no difference). Will email Fred re this.
Also for those with RHD, plastic bit supplied that fits below screen is for LHD only

Does the Jog control work as a Mouse for the navi version then? Any way for you to shoot a video of it in action?
Old 12-23-18, 01:11 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by specONE
Does the Jog control work as a Mouse for the navi version then? Any way for you to shoot a video of it in action?
No unfortunately, works like I would think **** does allows scrolling left / right and selection in menus etc
Old 12-23-18, 11:23 PM
LFields
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I am interested in this screen but have a RHD, Could you explain why it wouldn’t fit my car?
Old 12-24-18, 02:31 AM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LFields

I am interested in this screen but have a RHD, Could you explain why it wouldn’t fit my car?
Only bit that won't fit is plastic piece that clips in btwn screen and dash, at 10.06 in the specONE vid below is the piece (factory one needs to be replaced with one that comes with screen, note how one end clips under meter hood)
Old 12-24-18, 05:37 AM
LFields
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Only bit that won't fit is plastic piece that clips in btwn screen and dash, at 10.06 in the specONE vid below is the piece (factory one needs to be replaced with one that comes with screen, note how one end clips under meter hood)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ1LBB1JMIo
It looks out of place without that piece of plastic to hide the bolts.
Old 12-24-18, 07:01 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ1LBB1JMIo
Yeah mine didn’t fit too well either it’s just sorta in there loosely but I was like whatever.
Old 12-26-18, 12:16 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you have to use the GPS that came with the screen or does the native GPS work?

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca