IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-19, 06:57 PM
lyousufzai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JWIS350
Hmmm. Interesting. I don't keep my CarPlay dongle plugged in as I'm usually streaming music or videos from the USB drive. I did update the CarPlay dongle when I first got it as it didn't work. I'm going to check using that program you mentioned to see if all my stuff is updated.

Speaking of updates. I got a MCU file from the engineer which now completely turns off my unit. So far, car has been good. Knock on wood. He also sent me a link for the Android 7.1 update. I will be updating later tonight. Still no solution on my backup cam video but he is working on it.
@JWIS350 would you mind sharing the file you got to update and the instructions on how to apply the update?
Old 04-18-19, 07:00 PM
lyousufzai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fyi... since I installed the engineering mode mkt app on Sunday and it seems to be repopulating the mkt folder. I have noticed that if I keep my car in android mode and shut it off then it does completely boot up when I start my car again.
Old 04-18-19, 07:20 PM
JWIS350
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by lyousufzai
@JWIS350 would you mind sharing the file you got to update and the instructions on how to apply the update?
I'll check with the engineer and make sure there isn't anything specific to my build in those updates files which could brick someone else's unit. Let you know.
Old 04-18-19, 07:21 PM
JWIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by MD3
Also for anyone using Autobox make sure to keep your software updated for both the app software and dongle software - you can do this from the settings in the app itself (need to be connected to WIFI) without your phone plugged in.
Where do I find this?
Old 04-18-19, 10:33 PM
JWIS350
Driver

Found how to update the dongle. Did the update to the current version and now get this error.

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca-photo890.jpg
Old 04-19-19, 09:09 AM
MD3
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Found how to update the dongle. Did the update to the current version and now get this error.

Attachment 477840
Very weird, you just have to re-install the carplay APK file I think I still have it (PM me)... You updated it this way?

Old 04-20-19, 12:46 AM
Bahrovski
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Attachment 477840
I had to do a factory reset (as recommended by Ray from 4x4shop) for my unit after the MTK log kept on filling up my storage and my unit wasn’t turning off when the car was off.. After the reset I have to say that many of the bugs that I was facing are gone now and the unit is very stable!

The only remaining issue is that after the reset I had the same error as you when trying to use CarPlay.. please let me know if you were able to solve it.. thanks!
Old 04-20-19, 02:17 PM
Bahrovski
Driver School Candidate

Now I have another problem, whenever I put my turn signal on (left or right), the screen reverts back to the Lexus system, as soon as the the turn signal is off, the screen goes back to Android side!! Anyone had this problem?
Old 04-20-19, 03:23 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Bahrovski
The only remaining issue...
Now I have another problem...
Sounds like there's a whole lot more work yet to be done before this can in any way be considered a reliable modification. Thanks for choosing to be beta-testers, but I think a lot of us will watch from the sidelines until it's sorted out.
Old 04-20-19, 10:00 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Weird you guys are having all these issues, I was one of the first to get this screen and I’ve been good. There were a few minor kinks, but they sorted it out for me and I’ve been good for the past 6 months. I’m still on Android 6.0 though. Lol
Old 04-21-19, 03:42 AM
Bahrovski
Driver School Candidate

Now I have another problem, whenever I put my turn signal on (left or right), the screen reverts back to the Lexus system, as soon as the the turn signal is off, the screen goes back to Android side!! Anyone had this problem?
Actually this turned out to be an easy fix, you just have to go into settings and turn off the settings for 360 cameras.. I had it on for testing.. once it’s off, the problem goes away!

Honestly a lot of these problems comes from messing around and exploring and trying to go beyond the standard features.. If you install it and keep it the way it comes you wont be having many problems..
Old 04-21-19, 03:49 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Actually this turned out to be an easy fix, you just have to go into settings and turn off the settings for 360 cameras.. I had it on for testing.. once it’s off, the problem goes away!

Honestly a lot of these problems comes from messing around and exploring and trying to go beyond the standard features.. If you install it and keep it the way it comes you wont be having many problems..
What features exactly? I’ve messed with my settings, so pretty curious as to what you guys are messing around with that causes the unit to have so many issues haha. I also use Apple CarPlay daily and haven’t had many issues.
Old 04-21-19, 11:32 PM
Bahrovski
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Flash5
What features exactly? I’ve messed with my settings, so pretty curious as to what you guys are messing around with that causes the unit to have so many issues haha. I also use Apple CarPlay daily and haven’t had many issues.
Few examples of what I was trying to achieve:

- Getting the parking sensors to show up of the right side of the screen and not as an overlay on top of the rear cam.. I have the OEM rear cam with dynamic lines..

- I have a front cam installed, I added a button next to the OEM switches and made the screen switch automatically to the front cam when I press it.. I also added the front cam to the DVR app on the screen.

- I’m trying to change the parameters you see under the picture of the car on the right side of the screen.. (Seat belt - Parking brake - outside temp..) it looks like it can read many parameters through OBD, and when I put the car in reverse these parameters change (it displays the door lock status instead of outside temp..) , so it is in fact possible to customize these parameters but I cant seem to find the configuration files..

- Trying new android launchers for a complete change of experience.. looks super cool, it worked fine for me but I lost the Jog control.. so I reverted back to the stock launcher for now..

The possibilities are endless honesty with this screen.. it’s highly customizable if you are willing to explore around a little bit..

Last edited by Bahrovski; 04-21-19 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-22-19, 02:52 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Few examples of what I was trying to achieve:

- Getting the parking sensors to show up of the right side of the screen and not as an overlay on top of the rear cam.. I have the OEM rear cam with dynamic lines..

- I have a front cam installed, I added a button next to the OEM switches and made the screen switch automatically to the front cam when I press it.. I also added the front cam to the DVR app on the screen.

- I’m trying to change the parameters you see under the picture of the car on the right side of the screen.. (Seat belt - Parking brake - outside temp..) it looks like it can read many parameters through OBD, and when I put the car in reverse these parameters change (it displays the door lock status instead of outside temp..) , so it is in fact possible to customize these parameters but I cant seem to find the configuration files..

- Trying new android launchers for a complete change of experience.. looks super cool, it worked fine for me but I lost the Jog control.. so I reverted back to the stock launcher for now..

The possibilities are endless honesty with this screen.. it’s highly customizable if you are willing to explore around a little bit..
Oh wow. Yeah you’re messing with everything haha. Well still I wouldn’t imagine setting changes would cause so many issues unless you were changing actual data files etc. Hopefully they get it all patched for you advanced users though.
Old 04-22-19, 05:32 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Attachment 477840
Did you get the Carplay problem fixed and is your unit fully staying off with the MCU file?

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca