IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-19, 07:32 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by SSworks
This is my concern really, I can drop 600 for the total package knowing I am a tester and there will be issues that need to be resolved, however I cant bring myself to drop 900+ for a product that has issues like killing batteries and freezing. Yes I know they fix the issues as they come up but for that amount of money a need a polished product.
That has all been fixed already according to the active users on this thread. I haven't had issues for 8 months because I didn't update to Android 7.1 like they did. My Apple CarPlay has been solid too.
Old 05-09-19, 07:46 AM
SSworks
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
That has all been fixed already according to the active users on this thread. I haven't had issues for 8 months because I didn't update to Android 7.1 like they did. My Apple CarPlay has been solid too.
So the trick is buy the unit with the older OS which is currently three about to be 4 generations outdated.
Old 05-09-19, 09:07 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

So the trick is buy the unit with the older OS which is currently three about to be 4 generations outdated.
Wow you don't pay attention do you? The people with Android 7.1 already had all the major bugs fixed according to them. If you don't want it don't buy it and keep enjoying the awesome OS that is Lexus Enform lmao.
Old 05-09-19, 09:17 AM
SSworks
Driver

Originally Posted by Flash5
Wow you don't pay attention do you? The people with Android 7.1 already had all the major bugs fixed according to them. If you don't want it don't buy it and keep enjoying the awesome OS that is Lexus Enform lmao.
What I do pay attention to is every 2 months or so someone comes back with more issues, with 6.x or 7.x and now I see they are selling 2 year warranty as an addition.
Seems like a pretty solid and polished product to spend $1,000.00 on.
Old 05-09-19, 09:28 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

What I do pay attention to is every 2 months or so someone comes back with more issues, with 6.x or 7.x and now I see they are selling 2 year warranty as an addition.
Don't buy it then I guess. To each their own. I am way happier with this thing than I ever was with the tiny screen and super useless Enform. Totally worth the $600 I paid since I got it when they first started selling them. They were quick to address any bugs I had too.
Old 05-09-19, 09:29 AM
MD3
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

So what are your other options?
1) Beatsonic Mirroring for $500+
2) Stick with what you got which is a mediocre (at best) infotainment system

Also your angry they are now selling a warranty, that should make you feel better about the product. If you have other alternatives that you've found please bring them to the table.
The following users liked this post:
Flash5 (05-09-19)
Old 05-09-19, 09:32 AM
MD3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by intuitech
Hi there, I am contemplating purchasing this unit for my IS but also wary of some of the reported issues and price. I would prefer an English version too, how do I submit my request to Ray?
Call 4x4 shop or email fred@4x4shop.ca and ray@4x4shop.ca and tell them you're interested but would need the English units first.
GibbsLexus (05-09-19)
Old 05-09-19, 09:36 AM
SSworks
Driver

Originally Posted by MD3
So what are your other options?
1) Beatsonic Mirroring for $500+
2) Stick with what you got which is a mediocre (at best) infotainment system

Also your angry they are now selling a warranty, that should make you feel better about the product. If you have other alternatives that you've found please bring them to the table.
This is why I am still here for this product, its the only viable solution, however the cost doesn't justify the issues people are having. In any case different strokes for different folks.
Old 05-09-19, 09:48 AM
MD3
Pit Crew

This is why I am still here for this product, its the only viable solution, however the cost doesn't justify the issues people are having. In any case different strokes for different folks.
This unit will never be made by sony or pioneer but those manufacturers with units running android software have bugs as well. The unit not fully powering down was a major issue which only effected jog control units which 4x4 worked quickly to resolve. Other then that there aren't any notable issues for me.

I have a huge screen which can run android auto and apple carplay, I can watch internet tv or whatever I want through android when stuck in traffic or waiting for someone, All stock lexus functions and software work without issue. I got mine for $821 USD all in with carplay dongle included, call and try to negotiate if you want a better price.

Also stop trolling this thread, if it's not for you it's not for you but no need to come here and bash it without hands on knowledge.
Old 05-09-19, 09:51 AM
SSworks
Driver

Originally Posted by MD3
This unit will never be made by sony or pioneer but those manufacturers with units running android software have bugs as well. The unit not fully powering down was a major issue which only effected jog control units which 4x4 worked quickly to resolve. Other then that there aren't any notable issues for me.

I have a huge screen which can run android auto and apple carplay, I can watch internet tv or whatever I want through android when stuck in traffic or waiting for someone, All stock lexus functions and software work without issue. I got mine for $821 USD all in with carplay dongle included, call and try to negotiate if you want a better price.

Also stop trolling this thread, if it's not for you it's not for you but no need to come here and bash it without hands on knowledge.
LOL so your closing argument to me is to spend $900 and encounter the same issues everyone had so I have hands on experience so I can actually participate in the thread about the issues that it is having.
Old 05-09-19, 10:40 AM
Bahrovski
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL so your closing argument to me is to spend $900 and encounter the same issues everyone had so I have hands on experience so I can actually participate in the thread about the issues that it is having.
If you’ve been reading this thread carefully you’ll see that the issues we were having are pretty much resolved now.. My personal experience with this unit has been great.. The issues that I faced came from me messing around with the software to try and go beyond the standard features.. and even then, 4x4shop have been great at providing quick solutions with step by step instructions to fix all the problems that I faced.. They usually reply within few hours and are always ready to help and answer any questions..

This unit is definitely one of the best mods for our cars, not for the lack of better alternatives but because it is actually a great screen with all the features that you’d want a modern car.. especially with CarPlay which has been working flawlessly.. A big plus is that everything that comes stock with Lexus stays the same..

The price is fair and is comparable to similar screens made for other cars and that has similar features.. 4x4shop’s support is great and always there to help..

Once installed the screen literally upgrades the whole driving experience and it’s simply the best mod for the IS interior..
Old 05-09-19, 10:46 AM
MD3
Pit Crew

No my closing argument was asking you to leave this thread in the nicest way possible if you didn't pick up on that.
Old 05-09-19, 12:43 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

If you don’t have this screen or don’t have any questions regarding it you should probably just go bug some other thread if you’re that bored.
Old 05-10-19, 04:36 PM
JWIS350
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

As far as I'm concerned I've never had a company provide me with such exceptional support.

Yes, this unit HAS had its issue but working closely with Ray and the engineer directly in China they have all been resolved for the exception of the odd minor one. Battery draining. CarPlay issues. Geez, even the update to 7.1 all taken care of.

Sure, it's takes some time and definitely some patience working through the bugs but the end the result is awesome.

Sheesh, some of you should be thanking us for dropping the cash and helping provide a more stable system for those thinking of pulling the trigger. For those just trolling away, drop the cash and be a serious part of the discussion here.

Don't regret my purchase one bit and will totally recommend it to others.
jmpickrell (07-30-20)
Old 05-11-19, 06:05 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,287 Likes on 1,393 Posts

SSworks,

I've reviewed your posts in this thread and you've amply made your perspective known that you have concerns about this device in it's current state of maturity.

If you buy this device and want to contribute to the conversation in a positive manner, you're welcome to come back and participate. Otherwise, I'll ask you to let the other members who are troubleshooting share information without repeating your concerns about a device you don't own.
The following 2 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
Flash5 (05-12-19), MD3 (05-12-19)

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca