IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-19, 12:32 PM
Sonn
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I got my unit for 550, some get 450 depending on your negotiation. Bought it from Facebook seller from china. The unit is pretty fast. Not as fast as our phone. It does the job fine. Resolution is definitely better than stock unit. Lexus side work perfect. There is a slight delay when you switch to reverse. Like 1 or 2 secs delay. Not a big deal, I can live with that. So far, there dis no random reboot, lag, overheating or crash. The android side is still not working well with the jog control. The **** is probably better cause you don't have to move it around like jog. Sometimes I move left it will go left but then go back to the right by one unit. Hella annoying 😡 touch is definitely the way to go, but the screen is so far for people with short arm length, so you have to get closer to use the touch screen. Have not tried android auto yet but will try soon to see how well it works. I recommend people to install youtube vanced. Open the browser on Android side and search for it. You will get youtube without ads and play video in the background. As for map use Google map it waze. Was it worth the 💰?? Maybe just maybe .... If you can get it at 500 or below, yeh it will be worth it. Anything over that is overpriced.
Old 09-04-19, 09:12 AM
Tlam94
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

**** only?? that sucks for us touchpad users
Old 09-04-19, 09:14 AM
Tlam94
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HTownCoog
The video is in post 756

https://youtu.be/r99ezCIu38c

you just replaced the screen and radio unit with the 2017 model? how did this fit? was it plug and play?
Old 09-04-19, 10:56 PM
iddi0tt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Droth
Unit came with new trim piece to fit below screen
Found it eventually thanks! I bought mine from an eBay seller but can’t get the backup cam to work even with the settings. Was it supposed to come with another adapter from the factory radio to the screen for backup? Also having some stretched screen issues on oem side...
Old 09-14-19, 12:19 PM
sebaw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Hello,

I also installed a 10.25" screen on my Lexus NX.
Can you check which Android version you have installed on your device? I bought with Android 7.1 (ad and also Settings/ Software information).
I installed Device Info HW (
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.deviceinfohw) and it looks like Android 5.1, also the old Kernel 3.4.39 (Android 4.1-4.3).

Android 7 has native support for split-screen mode. But this device obviously does not support this feature.

Last edited by sebaw; 09-14-19 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-23-19, 09:12 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

To anybody that updated their screen from 6.0 to 7.1, what format was your usb stick in when you updated? Thanks.
Old 09-27-19, 09:17 AM
Rumz82
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flash5
To anybody that updated their screen from 6.0 to 7.1, what format was your usb stick in when you updated? Thanks.
Hi guys.

How did you all feed the cables through? I'm struggling here.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.
Old 09-27-19, 11:10 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by Rumz82
Hi guys.

How did you all feed the cables through? I'm struggling here.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.
There’s a little gap that you can feed the cables through. You should be able to feel it if you stick your hand back there.
Old 09-27-19, 04:45 PM
Rumz82
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Flash5
There’s a little gap that you can feed the cables through. You should be able to feel it if you stick your hand back there.
Thank you buddy. I did manage to find it. Picked up a couple of cuts on my fingers though lol.

So managed to install it, well kind of. Had to do other stuff today so it's on temporarily. Not everything has been put back in properly. But I need further assistance.

The old screen only had like two inputs at the back so the bracket that the screen was fixed onto didn't block any inputs. However, the new screen has more inputs and that metal bracket (the metal bracket that has the initial two 10mm nuts to release the screen) doesn't go over it anymore. How did you guys get around this? Also, my order came with a new plastic trim too bit that too is hard to put on.
Can someone provide some help for the following. I would've attached photos but it's 12:40 am atm and it's freezing outside lol.

My unit came with a little speaker. What is this for? The telephone?

It also came with a strip with some metal parts along it with a little square at the end which has 3mm tape. What is this? Radio antenna? Taking about radio, my radio has now stopped working too. No reception. This includes DAB radio.

All help is appreciated. Need to put everything back in again properly so please provide any help you can. I will try to upload some pictures tomorrow.

Thank you all.
Old 09-27-19, 06:07 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Rumz82
Thank you buddy. I did manage to find it. Picked up a couple of cuts on my fingers though lol.

So managed to install it, well kind of. Had to do other stuff today so it's on temporarily. Not everything has been put back in properly. But I need further assistance.

The old screen only had like two inputs at the back so the bracket that the screen was fixed onto didn't block any inputs. However, the new screen has more inputs and that metal bracket (the metal bracket that has the initial two 10mm nuts to release the screen) doesn't go over it anymore. How did you guys get around this? Also, my order came with a new plastic trim too bit that too is hard to put on.
Can someone provide some help for the following. I would've attached photos but it's 12:40 am atm and it's freezing outside lol.

My unit came with a little speaker. What is this for? The telephone?

It also came with a strip with some metal parts along it with a little square at the end which has 3mm tape. What is this? Radio antenna? Taking about radio, my radio has now stopped working too. No reception. This includes DAB radio.

All help is appreciated. Need to put everything back in again properly so please provide any help you can. I will try to upload some pictures tomorrow.

Thank you all.

Leave the bracket off and just use clips for display. If you are RHD (like me) then plastic trim won't fit as it's for LHD. I had to cut off all bits off bottom of plastic strip and fit it with double sided foam tape.
Little speaker is microphone for bluetooth on android unit (seperate from bluetooth on lexus unit)
Old 09-27-19, 06:45 PM
Rumz82
Driver School Candidate

Leave the bracket off and just use clips for display. If you are RHD (like me) then plastic trim won't fit as it's for LHD. I had to cut off all bits off bottom of plastic strip and fit it with double sided foam tape.
Little speaker is microphone for bluetooth on android unit (seperate from bluetooth on lexus unit)
Thank you! I was literally going through every post for this when you replied. Lol. Thank you for the help.

That speaker is a little big no? Where the hell am I supposed to put it? Lol.

Plastic trim - Got it. Thanks. (RHD here too)

Bracket - Got it. Thanks.

But I also got another part. It's hard to explain so I'll upload a photo tomorrow. Going through the thread and looking and others photos I don't seem to spot this piece. It's part of a harness that goes into the back of the screen. It's like a metal strip and has a little square part at the other end which appears to be clickable and has 3mm tape on it.

Also, my UI looks slightly different to others. I can't get that dual screen option. Where is that? and how are you guys switching between Lexus and Android? Everytime I press the media button it toggles through all the outputs/inputs ie: Radio, Bluetooth, AUX, A/V USB etc with Android coming on at AUX. Also, as mentioned above, my radio has no sound but hisses.
Old 09-27-19, 07:45 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Post some pics up of bits, should be a GPS antenna as well.
On mine have to hold button to switch between android and lexus
Old 09-28-19, 03:04 AM
Rumz82
Driver School Candidate

Post some pics up of bits, should be a GPS antenna as well.
On mine have to hold button to switch between android and lexus
I got the GPS figured. Just the other part now (below)

This

That bottom bit is kind of clickable
Old 09-28-19, 03:09 AM
Droth
Pit Crew

Looks like it's a push switch, not sure what it's for though
Old 09-28-19, 03:33 AM
Rumz82
Driver School Candidate

The Lexus main screen. Not too stretched out
Looks like it's a push switch, not sure what it's for though
Just tested. It seems every time I click it, it restarts the unit. So going to try and figure out where to stick this. It's not very long.

Any ideas about the radio? No reception just hissing.
In terms of the back of the radio unit, I have a brown input which is empty. Can't seem to find a wore that goes in that.

Does this right to you guys ?

**UPDATE**

Managed to sort everything out (think so). Below are a few photos. For those who want to know how the original lexus side of things look...it not too bad. It doesn't so much that it makes it look ugly. I have a couple of questions though.

Unlike others on here, I don't have any options for that dual screen that some are talking about. I also can't find the option for the reverse camera screen to display an image of the car on the right so as it stands, the reverse camera image looks quite stretched out.

when I open my left door, the image shows right door open, when I open the right door, the image shows the left door. The back doors are ok however.

The audio on the Android is not great. Toouch bass and in the equaliser app it's already set to the minimum (0).

the plastic trim isn't secured on yet. Will get some velcro to push and hold it down.

The Android home screen looks amazing though and to have the bigger screen alone is a big deal.

Here, the right door is actually the one that is open

Last edited by Rumz82; 09-28-19 at 07:43 AM.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca