10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-19, 03:19 PM
sebaw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=Rumz82;10622769]

**UPDATE**

Managed to sort everything out (think so). Below are a few photos. For those who want to know how the original lexus side of things look...it not too bad. It doesn't so much that it makes it look ugly. I have a couple of questions though.

Unlike others on here, I don't have any options for that dual screen that some are talking about. I also can't find the option for the reverse camera screen to display an image of the car on the right so as it stands, the reverse camera image looks quite stretched out.

when I open my left door, the image shows right door open, when I open the right door, the image shows the left door. The back doors are ok however.

The audio on the Android is not great. Toouch bass and in the equaliser app it's already set to the minimum (0).

the plastic trim isn't secured on yet. Will get some velcro to push and hold it down.

The Android home screen looks amazing though and to have the bigger screen alone is a big deal.

1. Doors and Reversing camera - You will find options on Settings.
2. You probably have the same OS (I have NX). The OEM system screen is cut from the top (a few millimeters
- see battery icon). Write an email to the seller. You will receive an update (I reported this issue).
3. Audio - also weak - Mark Levinson. You can only change the equalizer for AUX. I am still using bluetooth (OEM) for Spotify and phone calls.
4. Android Auto - https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...droid-t3432348 - Works without USB dongle.
5. Have you connected the reverse camera to a yellow cable (RCA connector)? I have a 360 degree camera - but the quality is worse than it was before.
6. Split-screen is not supported (Android 5.1).

Last edited by sebaw; 09-28-19 at 03:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rumz82 (09-29-19)
Old 09-28-19, 06:07 PM
Rumz82
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=sebaw;10623121]
Originally Posted by Rumz82

**UPDATE**

Managed to sort everything out (think so). Below are a few photos. For those who want to know how the original lexus side of things look...it not too bad. It doesn't so much that it makes it look ugly. I have a couple of questions though.

Unlike others on here, I don't have any options for that dual screen that some are talking about. I also can't find the option for the reverse camera screen to display an image of the car on the right so as it stands, the reverse camera image looks quite stretched out.

when I open my left door, the image shows right door open, when I open the right door, the image shows the left door. The back doors are ok however.

The audio on the Android is not great. Toouch bass and in the equaliser app it's already set to the minimum (0).

the plastic trim isn't secured on yet. Will get some velcro to push and hold it down.

The Android home screen looks amazing though and to have the bigger screen alone is a big deal.

1. Doors and Reversing camera - You will find options on Settings.
2. You probably have the same OS (I have NX). The OEM system screen is cut from the top (a few millimeters
- see battery icon). Write an email to the seller. You will receive an update (I reported this issue).
3. Audio - also weak - Mark Levinson. You can only change the equalizer for AUX. I am still using bluetooth (OEM) for Spotify and phone calls.
4. Android Auto - https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...droid-t3432348 - Works without USB dongle.
5. Have you connected the reverse camera to a yellow cable (RCA connector)? I have a 360 degree camera - but the quality is worse than it was before.
6. Split-screen is not supported (Android 5.1).
Thanks for that buddy.

I found an option in the "Automobiles settings" regarding something about the doors. "switch left to right door" (something like that). I have toggled this both on and off but still the doors are opposite.

Reverse camera is connected. Again in the Automobile setting (this is weird as from reading the thread, everyone else has "backup or back cam" option but mine doesn't. My one is "Reverse settings"). When I click on that I get a box with drop-down option and and items I can check. ie: 360 cam, show panaramic, show front, show back etc. Now these options depend on which "camera type" . I have two options. Can't remember what they're called but one is AV something.When I select the first one, then no matter what subsequent items I check, the reverse screen shows an image but it's stretched. When I choose the second option, I get the smaller screen with a car on the side but no image (but I do get the yellow and blue lines). The reverse camera is connected to a yellow RCA type cable and the back. But I have two at the back of the screen. One is video in and the other if I remember correctly is video out. I think I plugged it in the "in" one.

So I was out driving for most of the evening today and came across some other issues. Not able to sort it out, I did a factory reset. (no password required). But now the main screen is showing a picture of an NX and not an IS. The OEM screen looked ok to me until you mentioned it was a little off. I did ask if there was an update file available yesterday but was informed the unit was already updated. Will try again.

Will give Android Auto a go. Wanna get the other issues sorted first. I usually only listen to music via OEM USB1 so the audio quality is not a big deal for now. For me the sound for the Android side only comes out from AUX.

Below is a major gripe I have and was looking to see if you guys can replicate it.

So....

I'm on the Android side (Google maps) and I got a call. The ringing came via the car speakers as usual (connected to oem BT for calls) but nothing popped up on the screen. So I couldn't tell who was calling unless I looked at my phone. I tried to answer it via the controls on the steering wheel but it wouldn't answer. Needles to say I ended up missing the call. So I then went into the OEM side and tried to make a return call but the OEM side started to act up, like it wad very laggy and slow. Turned off the unit and restarted it. I then made the call via OEM side without going into android and all worked fine. Outgoing as well as incoming. So then I tried again to receive and answer a call whilst in the Android but the exact same thing happened again. I then experimented with the Android BT phone. Connected it, received a call but (understandably) it didn't appear on the instrument cluster but only on the Android screen. Although it wasn't like the OEM one where it is full screen with contact photo and stuff. Again I tried to answer it with the steering wheel controls but couldn't.

Has anyone else had this issue or able to replicate it.

I apologise for the long one and the not so informative explainations along with typos and horrendous grammer- it's 2am and I am soooo tired lol.

PS: I noticed most of my settings screens options are stock android unlike the others I have seen here who have a nice skin. What gives? Lol.

There is also another automobile setting but has a password. I have requested the password and explained the issues to the seller so fingers crossed I get some positive feedback.

Overall, I am currently happy with it as an upgrade in screen size from the OEM side but still not overly pleased on the Android side. £530 for the unit, 1.5 months of waiting, plus £22 for customs charge is not worth it imho, in its current state - at least for my unit.

Yesterday when I asked about an item that looked like a speaker. It was in fact a speaker. I got a separate mic too but this speaker was also in the box. Just found out that when I was using gmaps, the speech/directions was actually coming out of the said speaker. It connects to the back of the screen and so I did that and pushed it behind the screen. So when it turned on, it sounded horrible lol. I might pull it out tomorrow and place it somewhere where it won't sound muffled.

Once again, if someone can try to replicate the BT phone issue that would be great. It could really just be me being stupid lol.

I have attached some photos below

Automobile settings screen

Need this password. Also notice how most of my settings screen is stock android.

I have upgraded from an IS to a Lexus NX within minutes lmao

After the factory reset, the main screen looks like this (no red dot or red line for selected/highlighted option)

**Is anyone on here able to share an update file please. I would really appreciate it**

Last edited by Rumz82; 09-28-19 at 06:26 PM.
gandalfAUS (09-30-19)
Old 09-29-19, 01:45 AM
sebaw
Driver

Automobile Setting - check password: 271456
You can change the car model.
The following 2 users liked this post by sebaw:
gandalfAUS (09-30-19), Rumz82 (09-29-19)
Old 09-29-19, 09:04 AM
Rumz82
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sebaw
Automobile Setting - check password: 271456
You can change the car model.
Cheers pal.

That's exactly the same password the seller sent me too. Managed to sort it out. Got it to show an IS now.

Now this is bizarre, when I asked about the audio quality on the Android side being bad, the seller said they had sent along with the unit an aux input (no wire, just the tip) and that it should be plugged into the aux for better sound quality. Tbh, I did find that when I opened the package but thought it was in there by mistake so didn't bother with it. In fact, it dropped into the floor of the car the day I installed it and it was just left there. Lucky I didn't throw it away lol. Now plugging it in doesn't really make a difference but get this, when I factory reset it yesterday, the audio quality on the Android side is now ...... Acceptable. Not great but acceptable. Weird.

The door issue was fixed with an apk they emailed me early this morning.

About the phone, I was told that it's really just either or. If I'm using the Android side but phone connected to oem, then although the phone call will ce through, there's no guarantee that I would be able to answer it via the steering wheel controls and I can't answer via the console since I'm on the Android side. Even when a call comes and I switch to Oem to answer, it doesn't work....it just throws a fit. That part sucks really. I don't know about the rest of you but I prefer the phone UI on the stock one. Has anyone had a chance to test this issue?

I informed them about the slight screen crop (which you mentioned) but since the time difference is 7 hours between the UK and China, they said they will discuss that tomorrow. So let's see. Oh btw, I also mentioned that although the about screen shows Android 7.1, when I checked it via an app it shows its actually 5.1. Let's see what they say tomorrow.

The reverse camera I can live since although its now slightly stretched, the picture quality isn't terrible.

This is what came in the package too
Old 09-29-19, 01:35 PM
sebaw
Driver

I informed them about the slight screen crop (which you mentioned) but since the time difference is 7 hours between the UK and China, they said they will discuss that tomorrow. So let's see. Oh btw, I also mentioned that although the about screen shows Android 7.1, when I checked it via an app it shows its actually 5.1. Let's see what they say tomorrow.
Settings / Automobiles settings - In these settings I chose system version 9 and saved. When I checked the settings / Android version - there was also 9.0.
Rumz82 (09-29-19)
Old 09-29-19, 01:57 PM
Rumz82
Driver School Candidate

Settings / Automobiles settings - In these settings I chose system version 9 and saved. When I checked the settings / Android version - there was also 9.0.
Wow. So did anything else change when you changed it to 9.0? Any UI differences or extra options? Kind of weird don't you think that we can go ahead and change that ourselves? Especially if it does make changes.

I'm going to test that later. Thanks for the info on that.
Old 09-29-19, 02:30 PM
sebaw
Driver

Wow. So did anything else change when you changed it to 9.0? Any UI differences or extra options? Kind of weird don't you think that we can go ahead and change that ourselves? Especially if it does make changes.

I'm going to test that later. Thanks for the info on that.
No. This function only changes the number.

We have version 5.1 - but the numbering changed to 7.1.
Old 09-29-19, 11:57 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

[QUOTE=Rumz82;10623215]

Thanks for that buddy.

I found an option in the "Automobiles settings" regarding something about the doors. "switch left to right door" (something like that). I have toggled this both on and off but still the doors are opposite.

Reverse camera is connected. Again in the Automobile setting (this is weird as from reading the thread, everyone else has "backup or back cam" option but mine doesn't. My one is "Reverse settings"). When I click on that I get a box with drop-down option and and items I can check. ie: 360 cam, show panaramic, show front, show back etc. Now these options depend on which "camera type" . I have two options. Can't remember what they're called but one is AV something.When I select the first one, then no matter what subsequent items I check, the reverse screen shows an image but it's stretched. When I choose the second option, I get the smaller screen with a car on the side but no image (but I do get the yellow and blue lines). The reverse camera is connected to a yellow RCA type cable and the back. But I have two at the back of the screen. One is video in and the other if I remember correctly is video out. I think I plugged it in the "in" one.

So I was out driving for most of the evening today and came across some other issues. Not able to sort it out, I did a factory reset. (no password required). But now the main screen is showing a picture of an NX and not an IS. The OEM screen looked ok to me until you mentioned it was a little off. I did ask if there was an update file available yesterday but was informed the unit was already updated. Will try again.

Will give Android Auto a go. Wanna get the other issues sorted first. I usually only listen to music via OEM USB1 so the audio quality is not a big deal for now. For me the sound for the Android side only comes out from AUX.

Below is a major gripe I have and was looking to see if you guys can replicate it.

So....

I'm on the Android side (Google maps) and I got a call. The ringing came via the car speakers as usual (connected to oem BT for calls) but nothing popped up on the screen. So I couldn't tell who was calling unless I looked at my phone. I tried to answer it via the controls on the steering wheel but it wouldn't answer. Needles to say I ended up missing the call. So I then went into the OEM side and tried to make a return call but the OEM side started to act up, like it wad very laggy and slow. Turned off the unit and restarted it. I then made the call via OEM side without going into android and all worked fine. Outgoing as well as incoming. So then I tried again to receive and answer a call whilst in the Android but the exact same thing happened again. I then experimented with the Android BT phone. Connected it, received a call but (understandably) it didn't appear on the instrument cluster but only on the Android screen. Although it wasn't like the OEM one where it is full screen with contact photo and stuff. Again I tried to answer it with the steering wheel controls but couldn't.

Has anyone else had this issue or able to replicate it.

I apologise for the long one and the not so informative explainations along with typos and horrendous grammer- it's 2am and I am soooo tired lol.

PS: I noticed most of my settings screens options are stock android unlike the others I have seen here who have a nice skin. What gives? Lol.

There is also another automobile setting but has a password. I have requested the password and explained the issues to the seller so fingers crossed I get some positive feedback.

Overall, I am currently happy with it as an upgrade in screen size from the OEM side but still not overly pleased on the Android side. £530 for the unit, 1.5 months of waiting, plus £22 for customs charge is not worth it imho, in its current state - at least for my unit.

Yesterday when I asked about an item that looked like a speaker. It was in fact a speaker. I got a separate mic too but this speaker was also in the box. Just found out that when I was using gmaps, the speech/directions was actually coming out of the said speaker. It connects to the back of the screen and so I did that and pushed it behind the screen. So when it turned on, it sounded horrible lol. I might pull it out tomorrow and place it somewhere where it won't sound muffled.

Once again, if someone can try to replicate the BT phone issue that would be great. It could really just be me being stupid lol.

I have attached some photos below

Automobile settings screen

Need this password. Also notice how most of my settings screen is stock android.

I have upgraded from an IS to a Lexus NX within minutes lmao

After the factory reset, the main screen looks like this (no red dot or red line for selected/highlighted option)

**Is anyone on here able to share an update file please. I would really appreciate it**
Yours is definitely different from us who bought it from 4x4Shop. Very different look and stuff, it's pretty interesting. I managed to get my screen updated to 7.1 with the file 4x4Shop sent me and I still have 0 issues.
Old 09-30-19, 05:08 AM
Vgota350
Rookie

Default Very cool

Looks awesome. Much better use of all that space on the dash where the display screen goes. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.
Old 10-01-19, 04:11 PM
Rumz82
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bahrovski
Few examples of what I was trying to achieve:

- Getting the parking sensors to show up of the right side of the screen and not as an overlay on top of the rear cam.. I have the OEM rear cam with dynamic lines..

- I have a front cam installed, I added a button next to the OEM switches and made the screen switch automatically to the front cam when I press it.. I also added the front cam to the DVR app on the screen.

- I’m trying to change the parameters you see under the picture of the car on the right side of the screen.. (Seat belt - Parking brake - outside temp..) it looks like it can read many parameters through OBD, and when I put the car in reverse these parameters change (it displays the door lock status instead of outside temp..) , so it is in fact possible to customize these parameters but I cant seem to find the configuration files..

- Trying new android launchers for a complete change of experience.. looks super cool, it worked fine for me but I lost the Jog control.. so I reverted back to the stock launcher for now..

The possibilities are endless honesty with this screen.. it’s highly customizable if you are willing to explore around a little bit..
Hi buddy

Is the second one "Car Launcher"? I have installed car launcher on my system but it always fails to launch. Cleared cache and data bit still nothing. It just fails to launch.
Old 10-08-19, 03:34 AM
Rumz82
Driver School Candidate

Default Details please.

Hi all.

Can someone here please do me a massive favour?(The guys that bought the 4x4 unit) I require the following

- screenshot of the current firmware (MCU and CAN)
- Android version (if it's genuinely 7.1)
- A few screenshots of the UI including the settings page.
(Showing what options you guys have to change or edit)
- A screenshot of the reverse screen when in Reverse.

I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks all.
Old 10-08-19, 03:40 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Hi all.

Can someone here please do me a massive favour?(The guys that bought the 4x4 unit) I require the following

Thanks all.
That's a lot of work mate haha how about a video instead?
Old 10-08-19, 06:16 AM
Rumz82
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Flash5
That's a lot of work mate haha how about a video instead?

Lol.

I know buddy! But because my unit is from China, they can't view the YouTube link I sent them hahaha. YouTube is not available in China hence the odd request.

They want to see what I was talking about and how it looks. Coz I want them to update it.

Last edited by Rumz82; 10-08-19 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-08-19, 09:47 AM
JWIS350
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi all.

Thanks all.
Hey you go!
10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca-photo914.jpg
10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca-photo451.jpg
10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca-photo301.jpg
10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca-photo660.jpg
10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca-photo226.jpg
10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca-photo41.jpg
10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca-photo490.jpg
10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca-photo529.jpg

Cheers!
Old 10-08-19, 10:43 AM
Rumz82
Driver School Candidate

Brilliant! Thank you so much buddy.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca