10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-19, 11:48 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by novaman64
So the Enform will still work?

Was there a way to get the measurements from metric into US standard?
Yes check out the video from the OP in the very first post. Everything stays functional. I don’t think they ever made a fix to change from metric to imperial.
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (10-20-19)
Old 10-20-19, 06:15 AM
dkotoric
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey my lexus IS got toted and i decided to get a different car. I dont have the radio available but i have the car play/android auto dongle available for $50 jf anyone js interested
Old 10-20-19, 02:33 PM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
Yes check out the video from the OP in the very first post. Everything stays functional. I don’t think they ever made a fix to change from metric to imperial.
Originally Posted by whoismiked
I am have been reading almost every post on this thread and did skip some of them but I am wondering to they ever release and update to display MPH and Fahrenheit. May seem silly but this is one of the things holding me back.

Also if anyone has any info about current version/update and and if there is any bugs or issues of note?

I'd love to upgrade to this unit, but at the same time I'm hesitant is if there is still any issues that may be worked out if I wait.

Any advice is appreciated fella's

Edit:
Just noticed this post, so it looks like it's best for me to wait:

^But then again this comment is confusing to me. I have the navigation unit but it is the joystick, not the wheel. I was under the impression that the non nav units are the one with the wheel, but I may be wrong. can anyone clarify? Either way I guess it's best for me to wait, the more update that comes out the better.
Sorry, I mwan jogstick.

Navi unit has jogstick and non-navi has jogwheel
Old 10-20-19, 06:31 PM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Been having issues with my 4x4 unit - the factory Lexus GPS does not track at all anymore and I'm not sure what the issue is - also the screen flickers and turns red at times... anyone have this issue or know of the fix?
Old 10-21-19, 02:17 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by enkrypt3d
Been having issues with my 4x4 unit - the factory Lexus GPS does not track at all anymore and I'm not sure what the issue is - also the screen flickers and turns red at times... anyone have this issue or know of the fix?
I don’t have Nav in mine, but as for the second part I would contact 4x4 and let them know so they can try to get you a fix. My backup camera was all weird when I updated to Android 7.1 and they sent me a software fix. They might be able to do the same for you.
Old 10-22-19, 11:33 AM
MD3
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My Lexus Nav is also hit or miss with the jog controller. It works about 70% of the time, not sure what the issue is but I never use it anyhow. I would note that I did not hookup the android GPS as I on only use Carplay for GPS, did you?
Old 10-22-19, 11:35 AM
MD3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Flash5
This is correct, I was in direct contact with the engineer in China trying to get him to add it but he said there were no plans to add the imperial conversion.
Old 10-22-19, 11:45 AM
JWIS350
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MD3
My Lexus Nav is also hit or miss with the jog controller. It works about 70% of the time, not sure what the issue is but I never use it anyhow. I would note that I did not hookup the android GPS as I on only use Carplay for GPS, did you?
Interesting. I haven't experienced any issues with connectivity on the Lexus side GPS. I flip between CarPlay and Lexus. I don't use the android side for GPS / Maps. Just for reference I have my android GPS ant hooked up.
Old 10-22-19, 02:34 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by JWIS350
Interesting. I haven't experienced any issues with connectivity on the Lexus side GPS. I flip between CarPlay and Lexus. I don't use the android side for GPS / Maps. Just for reference I have my android GPS ant hooked up.
I was out at lunch and my GPS was wonky so I tried to reset the GPS calibration on the Lexus side using the "Calibration after tire change" and it calibrated right away. I'll report back if it seems to fix it for good.
Old 10-22-19, 04:18 PM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MD3
I was out at lunch and my GPS was wonky so I tried to reset the GPS calibration on the Lexus side using the "Calibration after tire change" and it calibrated right away. I'll report back if it seems to fix it for good.
How do you go about doing that?
Old 10-22-19, 04:57 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

How do you go about doing that?
On the Lexus side go in to setting>nav>detailed nav settings (I think)>calibrate
Old 10-23-19, 01:02 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by MD3
On the Lexus side go in to setting>nav>detailed nav settings (I think)>calibrate
Update - Lexus GPS was back to wonky this morning, the calibration didn't seem to stick. One of us could hook up the android GPS to see if that fixes the issue but I'm not sure why it would, shot in the dark though...
Old 10-23-19, 02:21 PM
JWIS350
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MD3
Update - Lexus GPS was back to wonky this morning, the calibration didn't seem to stick. One of us could hook up the android GPS to see if that fixes the issue but I'm not sure why it would, shot in the dark though...
So after reading your posts I decided to not use CarPlay at all and just sit on the Lexus side with full screen navigation on. Payed close attention to the GPS and noticed that it's off just slightly but corrects itself relatively quick. It would show me alongside the roadway in the ditch.

This might sound silly but I recently had to update my hand held gps units (garmin Dakota 20) and 2 others. All had updates to correct a magnetic north deviation or something like that.

Wondering if there is some type of update. At one time you could download current updates off the Lexus site but no longer. Going to follow up with the dealer for an update.

As far as I understand the Lexus side just passes through the android box. Perhaps something there causing the issue.
Old 10-23-19, 02:41 PM
pngo
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Anyway to put the Android external box in glove box? Maybe harness is probably not long enough. I just bought the one that cones with wireless CarPlay hopefully it works without troubleshooting much.
Hey man, any issues with the wireless CarPlay setup? Any lag or audio quality issues?

Also, does anyone know if you play music on the radio/XM, does the song/artist/station show up on the non-OEM interface?

Thanks!
Old 10-23-19, 07:07 PM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Anyone got android auto working without the dongle? I can't justify spending $100 on a USB adapter...

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca