Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Droth
Just got pics from China supplier I'm looking at

i've got my unit today, the 4x4shop unit looks different
Old 12-04-19, 06:15 AM
suginathan
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been following this thread for some time now and I understand there are some issues. Are most issues resolved and is it worth doing? Love the idea of replacing the navigation unit that I rarely use to something I could actually use. Also, what's the best site to get this for a decent price? Seems too pricey to purchase from 4x4 shop. Thanks!
Old 12-04-19, 05:40 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
Yeah I definitely recommend this upgrade to anybody who wants Apple CarPlay and those who don’t have the 10” screen. Using Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay together is a little bit of a pain but totally worth it and just a 1st world problem. I was glad I got this unit when they were first offering it since I got a mega deal just paid like $700 total for everything including the dongle.
I've mentioned this before but thought I would share again. With the following sound settings my audio from the AUX sounds close enough to the stock stereo that I almost never use the BT, I always stay with the carplay AUX. It seems like the settings from the android side get in the way of the sound on the AUX lexus side, I get full sounding music this way:

Old 12-04-19, 09:35 PM
ABGLexus
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
Yeah I definitely recommend this upgrade to anybody who wants Apple CarPlay and those who don’t have the 10” screen. Using Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay together is a little bit of a pain but totally worth it and just a 1st world problem. I was glad I got this unit when they were first offering it since I got a mega deal just paid like $700 total for everything including the dongle.
I don't trust myself to even attempt to install this LOL. Not even sure where to look for someone to even install it for me here in southern cali. Beatsonic is my other option, they are local and would do installs for their product. But they don't have the 10" screen which is why I'm hesitant to do anything yet.
Old 12-05-19, 05:11 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by ABGLexus
I don't trust myself to even attempt to install this LOL. Not even sure where to look for someone to even install it for me here in southern cali. Beatsonic is my other option, they are local and would do installs for their product. But they don't have the 10" screen which is why I'm hesitant to do anything yet.
I promise it’s not that hard lol it takes a while but it’s not a difficult install.
Old 12-05-19, 05:12 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MD3
I've mentioned this before but thought I would share again. With the following sound settings my audio from the AUX sounds close enough to the stock stereo that I almost never use the BT, I always stay with the carplay AUX. It seems like the settings from the android side get in the way of the sound on the AUX lexus side, I get full sounding music this way:

I’ll give it a shot and report back.
Old 12-05-19, 07:13 AM
suginathan
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Is 4x4shop still preferred for buying this? Looking to buy in Canada so looking for the cheapest option! Appreciate the feedback!
Old 12-05-19, 10:42 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by suginathan
Is 4x4shop still preferred for buying this? Looking to buy in Canada so looking for the cheapest option! Appreciate the feedback!
If you went the best possible tech and customer support yes.
Old 12-06-19, 02:17 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

I have this new unit almost installed the only part I can't figure out is where the backup camera harness goes. One end is a RCA type and that plug into the main harness, the other end is is a white plug that I cannot figure out where that attaches.

Anyone?
Old 12-06-19, 03:05 PM
Sonn
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

People with joy stick, do you experience ghost touch on android side? The joytick move on it onw or doesn't move the way you wanted it on Android side. As for sound quality, after adjustment, it sounds better but the bass is still making weird noise.
Old 12-06-19, 03:50 PM
Gal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whoismiked
I have this new unit almost installed the only part I can't figure out is where the backup camera harness goes. One end is a RCA type and that plug into the main harness, the other end is is a white plug that I cannot figure out where that attaches.

Anyone?
Do you have an aftermarket camera or the factory one?
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (12-06-19)
Old 12-06-19, 03:55 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gal
Do you have an aftermarket camera or the factory one?
Factory cam
Old 12-06-19, 03:58 PM
Gal
Driver School Candidate

Factory cam
Ok, so you don’t need to connect this cable.
All you’ve to do is changing in the android settings the reverse setting to factory, and the camera will work the moment you put the gear to reverse.
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (12-06-19)
Old 12-06-19, 04:06 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gal
Ok, so you don’t need to connect this cable.
All you’ve to do is changing in the android settings the reverse setting to factory, and the camera will work the moment you put the gear to reverse.
Humm, then something is wrong. I changed the setting on the device to original camera, but when it reverse it takes me to my OEM music player and no camera shows up.
Old 12-06-19, 04:13 PM
Gal
Driver School Candidate

Humm, then something is wrong. I changed the setting on the device to original camera, but when it reverse it takes me to my OEM music player and no camera shows up.
That’s weird, did you connect everything as should be? I mean the 3 connectors on the head unit side, and on the screen side two white connectors and the original blue one as well? Beside that it’s just the 2 antennas and mic.
i will make tomorrow a video/ pictures about the new unit, maybe it can help.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca