IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-19, 01:22 AM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MD3
Looks a bit different, was hoping if I upgraded I could just replace the screen without having to rip the car apart again. Maybe I'll call and ask Fred....

My new unit arrived from China today and connectors are the same, not like pics they sent.
Didn't have much time but changed Android 7 unit to the android 9 unit for a super quick test.
Joystick control now allows up and down not just left / right as with old one and responds better
Screen looks nicer and seems to be faster
Something US users will like

Will hopefully install this weekend

The following 3 users liked this post by Droth:
MD3 (12-10-19), RocketG35 (12-09-19), suginathan (12-09-19)
Old 12-09-19, 05:04 AM
mcalr3
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Droth
My new unit arrived from China today and connectors are the same, not like pics they sent.
Didn't have much time but changed Android 7 unit to the android 9 unit for a super quick test.
Joystick control now allows up and down not just left / right as with old one and responds better

Hey, Is this the new 1080p screen (1920x720)? Where did you get it?
Also, can you maybe install app called CPU-Z to check the android version is legitimately 9.0 and not fake?

I bought a unit from Aliexpress with make MEKEDE/Navifly and it is completely fake. It was advertised as 1080p screen and Android 9.0 but actually when it came I installed CPU-Z which proved that the screen is 1280x480 and android version is 5.1.1!! Luckily i raised a dispute with Aliexpress and got a full refund without having to return the unit, so just deciding now whether I should just pesevere with it or if there are actually units exist with Android 9.0 Pie and full HD screen!

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-09-19, 07:04 AM
Gal
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I’m adding some photos from the new unit

The following users liked this post:
RocketG35 (12-09-19)
Old 12-09-19, 07:13 AM
mcalr3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gal
I’m adding some photos from the new unit

Wow, that looks like quite the improvement! CarPlay looking very sharp!
Is it indeed this product? https://4x4shop.ca/product/2014-2017...creen-android/ If not, can you provide a link please?

Could you also please when you have time, please install a system info app like CPU-Z to confirm the screen resolution and android version is indeed as advertised?

Also, how does it handle the screen brightness? it is a sensor or does it work with the car's lights?

With my unit, it dims the screen based on the car's lights being on. Which in Scotland isn't very useful as we can have very full grey days where the lights come on, but then the screen is too dim and i'd like it brighter. However if I adjust the brightness then the screen is too bright for actual night time.
Old 12-09-19, 07:22 AM
mcalr3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whoismiked
Humm, then something is wrong. I changed the setting on the device to original camera, but when it reverse it takes me to my OEM music player and no camera shows up.
On my NX, the female plug that goes to the yellow RCA was the convertor for the factory camera to yellow RCA camera input on new unit. There should be a male white connector from the factory camera that connects into this female while connector, maybe you missed it. This white connector plugged directly into the factory screen.
whoismiked (12-09-19)
Old 12-09-19, 07:24 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by mcalr3
On my NX, the female plug that goes to the yellow RCA was the convertor for the factory camera to yellow RCA camera input on new unit. There should be a male white connector from the factory camera that connects into this female while connector, maybe you missed it. This white connector plugged directly into the factory screen.
This is exactly right and I did figure this out and forgot to post an update and a thank you to the people who tried to help. The Rear view camera harness DID need to be installed just as you stated.

My system is installed correctly and everything is working great now. I love it.
Old 12-09-19, 07:33 AM
Gal
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by whoismiked
This is exactly right and I did figure this out and forgot to post an update and a thank you to the people who tried to help. The Rear view camera harness DID need to be installed just as you stated.

My system is installed correctly and everything is working great now. I love it.
that’s weird, I haven’t connect this part, and the factory camera is working perfect for me.
Old 12-09-19, 08:04 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gal
that’s weird, I haven’t connect this part, and the factory camera is working perfect for me.
Yeah that is weird, not sure why there is a difference, but my camera was not working on any setting, but once I connected that harness the camera works perfectly and I actually have 2 different options in how I want to display the reverse screen. I have the option for it to be full 100% of the screen, or 3/4 of the screen plus 1/4 of the screen displaying all my sensors, which is what I use. I love it.
Old 12-09-19, 08:18 AM
suginathan
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I will like to know if this has Android 9 and is the 1080 screen as well! Please let us know the link you purchased from, would help us!
Old 12-09-19, 08:26 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by suginathan
I will like to know if this has Android 9 and is the 1080 screen as well! Please let us know the link you purchased from, would help us!
I am at work right now or I would snap some pics, but I can confirm I verified the specs on mine. It is 1080, 8 core processor, 4GB Ram, 64 GB Rom.

Mine was ordered directly from 4x4shop.ca

https://4x4shop.ca/product/2014-2017...creen-android/

I believe the person you quoted was someone who was looking into a different Chinese supplier, so that unit may be different so lets see what they say. All I can say is the one I got through 4x4 is the real deal on the specs.

Last edited by whoismiked; 12-09-19 at 08:30 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by whoismiked:
mcalr3 (12-09-19), suginathan (12-09-19)
Old 12-09-19, 11:42 AM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

How is the wireless Carplay adapter working out for those that have it? Any reason to NOT get this option? I'm placing my order today but debating which dongle to get.

Also, with the new unit, does it still skip 2 tracks when using the steering wheel buttons? What if you use the "change station" **** or the Track button on the radio in the middle of the dash? Does it still skip 2 tracks?

Thanks!
Old 12-09-19, 11:52 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by RocketG35
How is the wireless Carplay adapter working out for those that have it? Any reason to NOT get this option? I'm placing my order today but debating which dongle to get.

Also, with the new unit, does it still skip 2 tracks when using the steering wheel buttons? What if you use the "change station" **** or the Track button on the radio in the middle of the dash? Does it still skip 2 tracks?

Thanks!
I have the wireless carplay dongle and don't have any complaints with it yet (only been using it 2 days so far). No problems, works just as it should, very happy with it!

I think the only downside (not a big deal imo) to the wirelesss one is you have to open an app on the andriod unit to connect to carplay, whereas I 'think' with the wired one it automatically goes into carplay mode when you plug your phone in? I don't mind clicking 1 button to keep it wireless

Another thing I should note is I route all my sound through the stock unit, not through the carplay adapter, so I can't comment on sound quality using carplay, but I've read on here from others that it's not very good.

My new unit does not skip tracks at all, neither on the wheel or the track buttons on the stereo. 1 press = 1 track.

Last edited by whoismiked; 12-09-19 at 12:01 PM.
RocketG35 (12-09-19)
Old 12-09-19, 11:57 AM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by suginathan
I'll run some tests when I get it in on the weekend, unit is supposed to be 4GB / 64GB , 8 core CPU, 1920 x 720, Android 9.1 Also has 4G built in. Came from NaviHua 595USD shipped DHL

Last edited by Droth; 12-09-19 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Added detail
Old 12-09-19, 12:53 PM
sebaw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I'll run some tests when I get it in on the weekend, unit is supposed to be 4GB / 64GB , 8 core CPU, 1920 x 720, Android 9.1 Also has 4G built in. Came from NaviHua 595USD shipped DHL
Does this version of Android support split screen? For example, Google Maps on the left and Spotify on the right.
My HU has Android 5.1 installed and unfortunately I have to switch between these apps.
Old 12-09-19, 01:45 PM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I see it on Alibaba from Navihua for $585+$70 shipping = $655 USD. Is this how much you paid? Or did you find it for $595 USD shipped? Thanks!

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca