Old 01-15-20, 12:42 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by LouisV
Thanks, so 4x4 charges basically 500 to install it lol

ill just figure it out myself.

thank you
The price on their website is shipped to you, not the installed price. Most people install in themselves, or if the task is too daunting for them they may go to a car audio/video place and have it installed. I'm sure if you go to their shop they would install it for you, but I have to guess they would charge an installation cost.

But yeah there is nearly $500 difference between the Navihua (Aliexpress) and the 4x4 shop one. I think by now we have figured out they are the same unit, but when I ordered mine it was the very first day the new unit was released and I didn't want to take any chance on the Navihua unit being different and of lower quality. I was also semi interested in the 1 year of support that 4x4 offers because I did not know if I would end up needed some support, which I did not.

Now that I think we have figured out the Navihau unit is the same, almost half the price. It always stings to purchase something and then find out after you could have got a way better deal, but I am not upset about it, I absolutely love the andriod head unit so much that 'to me" it is worth $1000. Obviously, if I could do it all over again now, I'd order the lesser priced one.

Last edited by whoismiked; 01-15-20 at 12:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RocketG35 (01-17-20)
Old 01-15-20, 01:17 PM
suginathan
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by whoismiked
The price on their website is shipped to you, not the installed price. Most people install in themselves, or if the task is too daunting for them they may go to a car audio/video place and have it installed. I'm sure if you go to their shop they would install it for you, but I have to guess they would charge an installation cost.

But yeah there is nearly $500 difference between the Navihua (Aliexpress) and the 4x4 shop one. I think by now we have figured out they are the same unit, but when I ordered mine it was the very first day the new unit was released and I didn't want to take any chance on the Navihua unit being different and of lower quality. I was also semi interested in the 1 year of support that 4x4 offers because I did not know if I would end up needed some support, which I did not.

Now that I think we have figured out the Navihau unit is the same, almost half the price. It always stings to purchase something and then find out after you could have got a way better deal, but I am not upset about it, I absolutely love the andriod head unit so much that 'to me" it is worth $1000. Obviously, if I could do it all over again now, I'd order the lesser priced one.
Can you tell me what part of the android head unit made you love it so much? I am still on the fence and wondering if it's worth it. I heard about the sound quality not being the same and a few issues so I am hesitant also know that I may enjoy it.
Gladius (01-16-20)
Old 01-15-20, 06:40 PM
ABGLexus
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by suginathan
Can you tell me what part of the android head unit made you love it so much? I am still on the fence and wondering if it's worth it. I heard about the sound quality not being the same and a few issues so I am hesitant also know that I may enjoy it.
I'm holding off on my 2019 still. I would love a 10" display especially with Apple Carplay. However these reasons alone are holding me off.
- Slow bootup times
- Audio quality not good/ high pitch sound
- Not sure if it will retain all my parking sensors on the front and back of my car from Lexus Assist.
- And finding a shop I trust to install this. I myself know I will mess it up if I try to install it myself. I need the help of a shop.
Gladius (01-16-20)
Old 01-16-20, 04:55 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by suginathan
For me, I Travel around to places I'm unfamiliar with often, thus need navigation and I felt the stock navigation (well the infotainment system as a whole) is garbage (one of the only few things I did not like about the car). So having apple maps, or waze, that are accurate and up to date (for free), was a huge plus for me.

Apple car play was a huge plus for me. something I really wanted.
The actual viewing area of the stock unit was so small, the bigger screen and higher resolution is very nice.
I use Torque pro app, nice to use this directly on my cars head unit rather than my phone.
^These are the main ones, but there is other cool things as well, like my wife or passenger being able to watch a movie or stream something on it while I'm driving.

I have honestly not even tested out playing audio through it, I read about the lower sound quality prior to owning, so I just route all my music through the stock unit via bluetooth or usb, works perfectly.

Originally Posted by ABGLexus
- Not sure if it will retain all my parking sensors on the front and back of my car from Lexus Assist.
It retained all my sensors, no issue.

Last edited by whoismiked; 01-16-20 at 05:02 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by whoismiked:
Gladius (01-16-20), RocketG35 (01-17-20)
Old 01-16-20, 08:08 AM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ABGLexus
I'm holding off on my 2019 still. I would love a 10" display especially with Apple Carplay. However these reasons alone are holding me off.
- Slow bootup times
- Audio quality not good/ high pitch sound
- And finding a shop I trust to install this. I myself know I will mess it up if I try to install it myself. I need the help of a shop.
I don't have any issues booting up - i rarely use the android side and typically leave it on the lexus oem side most of the time...
Old 01-16-20, 08:49 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by enkrypt3d
I don't have any issues booting up - i rarely use the android side and typically leave it on the lexus oem side most of the time...
So you really just use it for the larger screen? In that regard, is it no different, everything works identically to the OEM screen?
Gladius (01-16-20)
Old 01-16-20, 08:35 PM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
So you really just use it for the larger screen? In that regard, is it no different, everything works identically to the OEM screen?
yep it does... I just like having the larger screen. I still haven't gotten around to wireless android auto ... getting speakers & amp installed this week so we'll see how that goes. The bluetooth connection is going to move to the DSP / AMP so I won't be using the OEM BT anymore either...
AtomicAWD (01-16-20)
Old 01-16-20, 08:45 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by enkrypt3d
yep it does... I just like having the larger screen. I still haven't gotten around to wireless android auto ... getting speakers & amp installed this week so we'll see how that goes. The bluetooth connection is going to move to the DSP / AMP so I won't be using the OEM BT anymore either...
Thanks. I've been considering it, but all I'd want besides the bigger screen is to get updated navigation with traffic, assumedly Googlemaps through my phone.
Old 01-17-20, 10:38 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by MD3
I've mentioned this before but thought I would share again. With the following sound settings my audio from the AUX sounds close enough to the stock stereo that I almost never use the BT, I always stay with the carplay AUX. It seems like the settings from the android side get in the way of the sound on the AUX lexus side, I get full sounding music this way:

So I finally messed around with the sound settings. What was making a huge difference for me in sound was how I adjusted the “recreational sound” volume on the android side right before the EQ settings shown above. I also went almost max level on the EQ vs lower like you did. I managed to get it sounding pretty close to stock side USB. The higher I went on the “recreational sound” the more distortion there was in the vocals though so I just tweaked until it sounded good.
MD3 (01-17-20)
Old 01-17-20, 02:00 PM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Although I got mine for the lesser price you mention, it sounds like we are both in the same place regarding the investment. I heavily weighed not knowing if I'll have support post purchase - and although I'm not typically a risk-taker, I felt this was an acceptable one (but it took me a year to get there). Time will tell whether or not I made the right decision, and you may very well be in a better place than me in a few months (heck even tomorrow!). But I think you have a great attitude about it because the bottom line is, you need to take your time and think thoroughly before jumping into this big of a purchase. TBH, I think I would've been happy at the full price as well - I like it that much (even with the issues).

The display quality and Carplay functionality brings a smile to my face every time i get in the car. Even people that don't care about tech or cars ask about it even if I don't say anything. It's really hard to miss the 10.25" HD screen.
whoismiked (01-17-20)
Old 01-17-20, 02:03 PM
RocketG35
Intermediate

I have the new unit. I cannot say I noticed any resolution change with my reverse camera, mine is pretty clear. If I set mine to full screen the image is a little stretched but does not look bad.
The setting to change the reverse camera display options were in the settings for me, not the advanced setting (that requires the password), but the normal settings. I wish I was at home right now so I could go out and take pic or at least give the exact names of the settings. But I beleieve the setting was something along the lines of "Reverse camera" or something a long those lines. Within that setting their were four options (Don't remember the titles of the 4 option off hand) and If I remember right I tested all 4 different setting no matter what the description on them said just to test. 1 of the setting is the setting you describe, a half screen of camera and a half screen of the sensors. one of the other settings made my camera full screen with no sensors displayed. I actually prefer the sensors one though and keep it on that one, but you should be able to change your if you want.

Let me know if you want me to take some pic or something of these menu settings when I am at home.
Thanks! I messed with it again and found if you pick the '360 camera' option, you can go full screen (which is slightly stretched). I never picked it before because I don't have that option. There were a few other options, but none seem to have worked to change the resolution. original. And I can't compare them because the OEM reverse view is gone now (guess the video connector bypasses the OEM screen now). I'll try to take screens of the Settings menu and share more thoughts when I get a chance.

Last edited by RocketG35; 01-17-20 at 09:35 PM.
whoismiked (01-17-20)
Old 01-17-20, 02:11 PM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Default Fixed “high pitched whine”!

BTW - I noticed the high pitched sound is eliminated if you adjust the in-app Preset Display Brightness setting to "2" or "3" instead of "1"!

You can get to this Options screen by swiping diagonal up from the lower left corner, and selecting the ellipses(3 dots). Tap the middle “sun” icon to change the pre-sets and boom - no more high pitched whine! This is a huge deal. Lol.

Last edited by RocketG35; 01-17-20 at 09:32 PM.
whoismiked (01-17-20)
Old 01-20-20, 03:19 AM
sebaw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Description: "Android 9.0 support split screen display" http://aliexpress.com/item/4000576567551.html
It's the NX version - but it's probably the same device.

Do you have this features? Do you know how it works?
Old 01-20-20, 05:17 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by sebaw
Description: "Android 9.0 support split screen display" http://aliexpress.com/item/4000576567551.html
It's the NX version - but it's probably the same device.

Do you have this features? Do you know how it works?
Mine does not have the split screen feature even though my unit shows it's running 9.0.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca