IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-20, 07:11 AM
Efratsege
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE = whoismiked; 10768612] זו האפשרות הרביעית למטה ברגע שאתה נכנס לדף ההגדרות, אלא אם כן יש לך יחידה אחרת שאין לה? תמונות למטה.

[/ QUOTE]

My screen looks with different functions. What kind of screen is your?
Old 03-29-20, 07:26 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Efratsege

My screen looks with different functions. What kind of screen is your?
The one that started this thread, from 4x4.ca shop, but the updated model that was released on late November 2019.

Where did you get yours?

I am sorry sir, I do not know how to help if your screen if different.
Old 03-30-20, 03:59 AM
LFields
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Has anyone tested if youtube plays at 720p with the new unit? I chatted to Navihua who has confirmed the units are NOT android 9 but android 7. They told me customers like high firmware so that's why they change it. If you want proof of this I can upload my chat screenshot or you can ask them yourself!. I guess the screen just looks clearer but is actually not much different to the old one. Also the newer units have split screen but again they are running android 7.1 but they show as android 9/10. I have still ordered mine as I want the split screen feature and will update you guys when it arrives.
Old 03-30-20, 04:22 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by LFields
Has anyone tested if youtube plays at 720p with the new unit? I chatted to Navihua who has confirmed the units are NOT android 9 but android 7. They told me customers like high firmware so that's why they change it. If you want proof of this I can upload my chat screenshot or you can ask them yourself!. I guess the screen just looks clearer but is actually not much different to the old one. Also the newer units have split screen but again they are running android 7.1 but they show as android 9/10. I have still ordered mine as I want the split screen feature and will update you guys when it arrives.
While I am not surprised and believe the android version number is spoofed, resolution is not limited by the software. The hardware is what determines what resolution is displayed and the newer units (at least the one I have) does display 720p Resolution. The newer units also have a much faster processors & double the ram and disk space, so there is a fairly significant difference between the older and newer units.
Old 03-30-20, 04:27 AM
Efratsege
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE = whoismiked; 10769296] אמנם אני לא מופתע ומאמין שמספר גרסאות האנדרואיד מזויף, הרזולוציה אינה מוגבלת על ידי התוכנה. החומרה היא שקובעת איזו רזולוציה מוצגת והיחידות החדשות יותר (לפחות זו שיש לי) אכן מציגות רזולוציה של 720p. היחידות החדשות יש גם מעבדים הרבה יותר מהר & להכפיל את שטח RAM ודיסק, כך שיש הבדל משמעותי למדי בין יחידות ישנות יותר וחדשות יותר. [/ QUOTE]

Where can the new units be ordered? What is the price ? Ready to hear details. I want to buy it
Old 03-30-20, 04:41 AM
LFields
Rookie

Originally Posted by whoismiked
While I am not surprised and believe the android version number is spoofed, resolution is not limited by the software. The hardware is what determines what resolution is displayed and the newer units (at least the one I have) does display 720p Resolution. The newer units also have a much faster processors & double the ram and disk space, so there is a fairly significant difference between the older and newer units.
Good to know that atleast they haven't spoofed the resolution aswel. I'm hoping to make use of the 4gb ram by using google maps and youtube music in split screen mode.
Old 03-30-20, 04:47 AM
LFields
Rookie

Originally Posted by Efratsege
[QUOTE = whoismiked; 10769296] אמנם אני לא מופתע ומאמין שמספר גרסאות האנדרואיד מזויף, הרזולוציה אינה מוגבלת על ידי התוכנה. החומרה היא שקובעת איזו רזולוציה מוצגת והיחידות החדשות יותר (לפחות זו שיש לי) אכן מציגות רזולוציה של 720p. היחידות החדשות יש גם מעבדים הרבה יותר מהר & להכפיל את שטח RAM ודיסק, כך שיש הבדל משמעותי למדי בין יחידות ישנות יותר וחדשות יותר. [/ QUOTE]

Where can the new units be ordered? What is the price ? Ready to hear details. I want to buy it
Purchase the navihua or 4x4 screen to get latest model.

Last edited by LFields; 04-06-20 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-31-20, 12:33 PM
EvilJoker
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Anyone know how these do in hotter areas??? like Texas???
Old 03-31-20, 12:35 PM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Apple carplay dongles hooks up via USB. The Android unit has a USB input cable as part of the harness, I don't know the exact length but it's long enough to reach to your glovebox.

I bought a 3' USB extension and run mine into my center console.
Which wireless android auto unit are you using? and is there any apps / or hacks that u have to do to get it working?
Old 03-31-20, 01:23 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by EvilJoker
Anyone know how these do in hotter areas??? like Texas???
I'm in Texas and my garage is hot AF and have had no issues.

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by enkrypt3d
Which wireless android auto unit are you using? and is there any apps / or hacks that u have to do to get it working?
The one that was supplied/sold by 4x4 shop, when I ordered mine, they were running a promotion and that dongle was included free. I will say it is a cheap china made dongle (most from anywhere are tho). There is no manufacturer name or logo anywhere on it, it's just a white box with a usb in and out on it. I'm 99% certain it is exactly this unit though: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000016145694.html

There might be higher quality / better units out there in the market, I'm not sure, I have't looked around for them much as mine is working just fine.

The only thing I had to do to get it working besides the obvious of connecting it via WiFi and Bluetooth is download an app on the unit from the android playstore (playstore is already on the unit) called "Autokit"
The following users liked this post:
EvilJoker (03-31-20)
Old 03-31-20, 03:23 PM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm in Texas and my garage is hot AF and have had no issues.

The one that was supplied/sold by 4x4 shop, when I ordered mine, they were running a promotion and that dongle was included free. I will say it is a cheap china made dongle (most from anywhere are tho). There is no manufacturer name or logo anywhere on it, it's just a white box with a usb in and out on it. I'm 99% certain it is exactly this unit though: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000016145694.html

There might be higher quality / better units out there in the market, I'm not sure, I have't looked around for them much as mine is working just fine.

The only thing I had to do to get it working besides the obvious of connecting it via WiFi and Bluetooth is download an app on the unit from the android playstore (playstore is already on the unit) called "Autokit"
Did you get the new version with the 720p screen? If so did you verify that it's actually 720p?
Old 04-01-20, 04:51 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by enkrypt3d
Did you get the new version with the 720p screen? If so did you verify that it's actually 720p?
Yes, mine is a newer version (Released Novemeber 2019) and it does display 720p resolution.
Old 04-02-20, 03:24 PM
LFields
Rookie

Can the resolution not be faked aswel? Or is it clear by comparing the older n new unit that is definatly a 720p screen?
Old 04-02-20, 03:28 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
Still want to buy that display unit on Amazon. Normally I'd buy, but with everything going on with COVID19, I'm being a little more cautious with my spending. I am still employed due to my company being an essential business tho.
All our management got cut down to 80% work and pay, but I went and ordered one anyway. Said it would be about 14 days.
Old 04-02-20, 04:27 PM
Itzyaboijd
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
where did you buy yours from? Thought these units were plug and play.
I bought mine from a company on Alibaba. The name of the company I got mine from is called UP Electronics Shenzhen Company Limited These units are Plug & Play I just wasn't sure of the extra loose wires I saw but now I know they are for if you want to add like headrest tv's, front or 360ºcamera etc...

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca