IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-20, 09:13 PM
Itzyaboijd
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

OH! WHOISMIKED Yeah I don't have that weather cloud tab on my screen that's why I couldn't change it.
Old 04-04-20, 04:53 AM
LFields
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by whoismiked
In case anyone had read my reply above stating that I didn't have split screen I was wrong, I do and didn't even know this whole time! lol. I edited my above post with instructions on how to do it after messing with it for a while and figuring it out.
That is brilliant. I guess this unit got it all!
Old 04-04-20, 06:13 AM
LFields
Rookie

Originally Posted by Itzyaboijd
1. Ahhhhh that makes sense I didn't know the unit didn't have a FM Tuner. I mean I ain't trippin because I don't even listen to the radio LOL. I saw the icon so I figured that was supposed to open it but it didn't so I was thinking something was wrong with my screen. And very important like you said people gotta keep in mind this is aTABLET and not a STEREO HEAD UNIT

2.Yeah volume is not a big deal to me either since I turn the volume up by ear too.

4.Bro you are a LIFESAVER!!!! I don't know how tha hell you figured out that split screen I was lost. The company sent me a video but in the video they were using another unit and it worked different. I am going to try this tomorrow.

I made a YouTube video of my install and talk about a few things in a little more detail to help others that want to install this unit. I got to put the video together so I can post it...

Thanks again man thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Its nice when we all can pull together and help each other without making sarcastic remarks.
That'll be great! Looking forward to your video as the only other videos are of the old unit 2 years ago. It will help people like me who have just ordered the unit. Thanks
The following users liked this post:
Itzyaboijd (04-04-20)
Old 04-04-20, 05:18 PM
Itzyaboijd
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I GOT IT WHOISMIKED Thanks!

Haha, wow, I was wrong, I do have Split screen and didn't even know this whole time!!!

Here is how it's done: Sorry for my crappy cell phone pics
I tried it this morning and it worked WHOISMIKED Thanks for tha help bro

The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (04-04-20)
Old 04-04-20, 05:31 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
If you're the one who originally listed it, yes. He said it was about it ship.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0816TWXDT/
How much was it when you bought it? $649 right? I went to look at it today and I kept thinking it was lower when I started looking at it last week lol
Old 04-04-20, 05:31 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

I tried it this morning and it worked WHOISMIKED Thanks for tha help bro

Nice! Glad to help!
Old 04-04-20, 05:33 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
How much was it when you bought it? $649 right? I went to look at it today and I kept thinking it was lower when I started looking at it last week lol
Yes, was $649 for the "Type 1" (nav) + ML, shipped.
Old 04-04-20, 07:00 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Yes, was $649 for the "Type 1" (nav) + ML, shipped.
did it ship already?
Old 04-04-20, 07:08 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

did it ship already?
Got a DSL tracking number yesterday but no further updates yet. Can let you know if you like.
Old 04-04-20, 07:10 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Got a DSL tracking number yesterday but no further updates yet. Can let you know if you like.
yeah I think I’m going to buy too but delivery estimate is June but the two reviews say it came quicker.
Old 04-04-20, 07:53 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

yeah I think I’m going to buy too but delivery estimate is June but the two reviews say it came quicker.
They do that all the time for stuff from China. My spacers and other things all said they'd be a couple months but showed up within a couple weeks, evidently by air, too.
Old 04-04-20, 10:31 PM
LFields
Rookie

OH! WHOISMIKED Yeah I don't have that weather cloud tab on my screen that's why I couldn't change it.
I've looked through all the pics and noticed none of the AliExpress screens have the cloud tab. Im guessing there's slight differences between the firmware on the 4x4 and Aliexpress models. That would explain why the settings are different aswel.
Old 04-05-20, 05:29 AM
LFields
Rookie

Can anyone with the new 720p RHD screen tell me if the original trim that hides the screen bolts will fit after installing this screen?
Old 04-05-20, 06:59 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by LFields
Can anyone with the new 720p RHD screen tell me if the original trim that hides the screen bolts will fit after installing this screen?
I don't think it does. My unit came with a new trim piece in the box that looked a little narrower and fit perfectly. But to be honest I did not even try to install the OEM one back on since I had the brand new one laying right next to me while I was installing. It's possible they were the same size and I just assumed the new one was needed.

Long story short: I don't 'think' the OEM one fits & my unit came with a new replacement trim.

Last edited by whoismiked; 04-05-20 at 07:06 AM.
Old 04-05-20, 07:36 AM
LFields
Rookie

I don't think it does. My unit came with a new trim piece in the box that looked a little narrower and fit perfectly. But to be honest I did not even try to install the OEM one back on since I had the brand new one laying right next to me while I was installing. It's possible they were the same size and I just assumed the new one was needed.

Long story short: I don't 'think' the OEM one fits & my unit came with a new replacement trim.
This problem was mentioned with the older units early in this thread. The trim supplied with the new screen didn't fit RHD so the clips needed to be cut and the trim stuck in place. I thought with the new unit they might of made a RHD trim or someone with one could confirm if the oem trim fit or if they needed to modify the new one.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca