IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-20, 11:23 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

My next thing I'm going to play with using my screen is the App "Tasker" which has tons of cool automation / macro features:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...skerm&hl=en_US

I will work on figuring out cool ways to auto load what screen I want at in certain scenario's, certain times of the day, and macros where I can hold a certain button and it performs a string of functions presses for me to automate the features and apps I use the most.

Haven't messed with it yet, but I pan to soon, I have a lot of cool ideas of things to automate/macro, so if/when I figure out some cool stuff, I'll let you guys know!

Check out the description of Tasker and if any of you have any cool idea's, let me know and I'll work on figuring them out.

I went to the Tasker forum and seen some of the project and custom macros some other people did and know this app has some really cool potential!

Last edited by whoismiked; 04-06-20 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-06-20, 05:07 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by LRC350FS
That's the same one I purchased for my RC. Just a heads up though, they don't include a camera adapter so you will need to get one from 4x4 Shop Canada which they sold to me for $120 with shipping.
The one listed on Amazon seems to be the old version with the samsung processor listed on alibaba as well. The new ones also seem to have a slightly different wallpaper in the product images.
(old version) https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...68365fbbM8kxuH
camera adapter? Seriously they said all functions would work.

do you have a link to the camera adapter?
Old 04-06-20, 06:03 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by tnilc
camera adapter? Seriously they said all functions would work.

do you have a link to the camera adapter?
messaged Navihua they assured me camera would work. Not sure what to believe but either way if I had to buy another adapter it would still be cheaper than other units.
Old 04-06-20, 06:07 PM
LRC350FS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I reached out to Navihua when I noticed the black connector that connects to the original screen didn't have anywhere to connect to so I just left it as it was, but then when I put the car in reverse nothing happened. Two Navihua reps told me that it would only worked with an aftermarket reverse camera.
4x4 Shop Canada mentions the adapter at the 6:30 min mark
It seems like NaviHua has no idea about it since they seemed clueless when I mentioned it to them and I even included a picture of it that dkotoric attached at the beginning of this thread.
The only way to get it is to contact 4x4 Shop Canada since it's not listed on their website.
I should get the adapter in the next few days, I'll let you know if it actually works
Old 04-06-20, 06:15 PM
tnilc
Instructor

I reached out to Navihua when I noticed the black connector that connects to the original screen didn't have anywhere to connect to so I just left it as it was, but then when I put the car in reverse nothing happened. Two Navihua reps told me that it would only worked with an aftermarket reverse camera.
4x4 Shop Canada mentions the adapter at the 6:30 min mark https://youtu.be/qqc9uZVb2Xk?t=392
It seems like NaviHua has no idea about it since they seemed clueless when I mentioned it to them and I even included a picture of it that dkotoric attached at the beginning of this thread.
The only way to get it is to contact 4x4 Shop Canada since it's not listed on their website.
I should get the adapter in the next few days, I'll let you know if it actually works
yeah I’m trying to figure it out now asking them because the description actually does say “fast switching to reverse image (optional)”

im trying to collect all I need to do the install in one try. Talking with them about including a wireless dongle.

how long ago did you order yours?
Old 04-06-20, 06:15 PM
LRC350FS
Driver School Candidate

Old 04-06-20, 06:22 PM
LRC350FS
Driver School Candidate

I ordered around the middle of March, it took about 2 weeks to for it to delivered.
The wireless dongle only works for Carplay, Android Auto will still need to be plugged in. However you can use an app called Headunit Reloaded which will make Android Auto Wireless without the need of any adapter
Old 04-06-20, 06:27 PM
tnilc
Instructor

4x4 Shop Canada mentions the adapter at the 6:30 min mark https://youtu.be/qqc9uZVb2Xk?t=392
gotta give it to NaviHua. They said they’d check with engineers but that it should come with it.
Old 04-06-20, 06:28 PM
tnilc
Instructor

I ordered around the middle of March, it took about 2 weeks to for it to delivered.
The wireless dongle only works for Carplay, Android Auto will still need to be plugged in. However you can use an app called Headunit Reloaded which will make Android Auto Wireless without the need of any adapter
That’s fine. I have an iPhone and my company phone is an iPhone lol
Old 04-06-20, 06:30 PM
tnilc
Instructor

lol I sent them your screen shots. I’m dealing with Stefan.
Old 04-06-20, 06:42 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Well Stefan said the engineers confirmed it will work with OEM camera.

lol. Yolo. Let’s see if it does. Hopefully I can get that adapter from 4x4 if I need it
Old 04-06-20, 08:25 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

My IS one works with OEM camera and no adapter, had to change settings but it works. Unit came with an adapter but didn't need to install it
Old 04-06-20, 08:48 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by Droth
My IS one works with OEM camera and no adapter, had to change settings but it works. Unit came with an adapter but didn't need to install it
Did you buy from same vendor?

I'm hoping that's the case, I got them to sell me a CarPlay wireless dongle for a decent price with free shipping combined with my unit.
Old 04-07-20, 01:33 AM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
Did you buy from same vendor?.

Yip from Stefan at Navihua.
Old 04-07-20, 06:39 AM
armandckj
Rookie

Hi all.
The 4x4 unit for IS is now $700,- Was $800 in march.
I will sweet talk the wife for this goodie tonight.

Regards.

Last edited by armandckj; 04-07-20 at 06:40 AM. Reason: typo
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (04-07-20)

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca