IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-20, 10:11 PM
dbis250
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its a Jog control by the look of your picture.
Old 04-18-20, 02:50 AM
LFields
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by armandckj
HI,
this one even mimics android 10
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...AT&bypass=true

this one is recomended by stefan
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...38403e5fjRynAT

both feature 1920x720 displays.
the navirider unit only as 32gb

armand
The top one is NOT a 720 screen. It is 1280x480. I originally ordered this screen before cancelling my order. Stefan tried selling me it as the "latest" unit but based on the specs it must be older than the 4x4 720p unit.

Last edited by LFields; 04-18-20 at 02:57 AM.
Old 04-18-20, 10:49 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

The wiring harness Navihua sent me doesn't fit my RC. I'm so mad, should have checked the harness on the radio before dismantling everything.

Harness from NaviHua
https://i.imgur.com/re1lVSQ.jpg

My RC harness. I do not have stock navigation or Mark Levinson sound system which I confirmed with Stefan

https://i.imgur.com/UbB8g0M.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nfIxiga.jpg

I think they sent me the harness for an RC F not my RC300. So mad right now.

Last edited by tnilc; 04-18-20 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-19-20, 10:38 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

I should be getting a new wire harness. I asked if the unit was the same and they said yes, so hopefully the new wire harness is all I need.

Question for those that installed, did the display unit you receive have mounting points for the metal bracket that's mounted to the OEM display unit? My unit didn't have any mounting points, not sure if I'm supposed to install without it.

Old 04-19-20, 11:01 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Glad to hear they sending harness. The units don't support use of the factory metal mounting bracket
The following users liked this post:
tnilc (04-20-20)
Old 04-20-20, 02:59 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
I should be getting a new wire harness. I asked if the unit was the same and they said yes, so hopefully the new wire harness is all I need.

Question for those that installed, did the display unit you receive have mounting points for the metal bracket that's mounted to the OEM display unit? My unit didn't have any mounting points, not sure if I'm supposed to install without it.
You don’t need the bracket. The four little clips from the oem screen you need to take off and put on the new one and it will click in place.
tnilc (04-20-20)
Old 04-21-20, 10:14 AM
TwoFifty
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys

Im considering to order the 4x4 unit for my CT. Maybe its the wrong subforum but i couldnt find anything about it in the CT forum. Maybe you can help me out. As i mainly want the benefits of the bigger screen and carplay i have a few basic questions:

1. Can i start at the oem screen as standard, or does it always boot android and i have to switch back to oem every time?
2. I read that the sound of the android system is connected via aux, is the oem sound source still the same (and same quality)?
3. Anyone installed it in a CT and willing to share their experience (especially a good location for the units gps antenna and the wireless carplay antenna, preferably under the dash)?

thx in advance
Old 04-21-20, 04:36 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TwoFifty
Hi guys

Im considering to order the 4x4 unit for my CT. Maybe its the wrong subforum but i couldnt find anything about it in the CT forum. Maybe you can help me out. As i mainly want the benefits of the bigger screen and carplay i have a few basic questions:

1. Can i start at the oem screen as standard, or does it always boot android and i have to switch back to oem every time?
2. I read that the sound of the android system is connected via aux, is the oem sound source still the same (and same quality)?
3. Anyone installed it in a CT and willing to share their experience (especially a good location for the units gps antenna and the wireless carplay antenna, preferably under the dash)?

thx in advance
Don't know about CT version but IS version boots into Android menu, just need to enter on FM/CD to get to OEM screen (If you were previously listening to OEM radio etc it will play while Android menu is up). All of OEM side is same (sound, nav etc) as Android side is via AUX input on OEM system
TwoFifty (04-23-20)
Old 04-21-20, 09:27 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFifty
Hi guys

thx in advance
I have the OG unit buy mine boots up on whatever screen I left it on when i turn it off. If i'm on OEM side when I turn the car off it boots to the OEM screen when I turn my car on.
TwoFifty (04-23-20)
Old 04-22-20, 01:41 AM
gamma113
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi everyone,

I am interested to upgrade my OEM display to NaviHua NH-3850 10.25" Android 9.0 https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...NC&bypass=true . I see some members here having issue of not able to get OEM reversing camera work on this unit. Does anyone here able to get OEM reversing camera work on this unit? any issue with this unit?

Old 04-22-20, 04:08 AM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gamma113
Hi everyone,

I am interested to upgrade my OEM display to NaviHua NH-3850 10.25" Android 9.0 https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...NC&bypass=true . I see some members here having issue of not able to get OEM reversing camera work on this unit. Does anyone here able to get OEM reversing camera work on this unit? any issue with this unit?
I got same unit from NaviHua, no probs with OEM reversing camera
Old 04-22-20, 04:22 AM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Droth
Did you have any other issues with your unit?
Old 04-22-20, 02:14 PM
gamma113
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Droth
Great! Is your lexus IS right hand drive as well? The unit is plug and plug Right?
​​​
Old 04-22-20, 03:56 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Gladius
Did you have any other issues with your unit?
Not really issues as such, these units like all chineese unbranded android units have quirks / bugs and aren't as fluid and seemless as branded / factory stereos. Still worth it for bigger screen and added functionality IMHO
Old 04-22-20, 04:02 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gamma113
Great! Is your lexus IS right hand drive as well? The unit is plug and plug Right?
​​​
Yes I'm in NZ as well so RHD. You'll need to modify the plastic trim that fits in dash under screen as OEM one no longer fits and one with the new screen is for LHD. (clips are mirrored for what we need ) I cut clips of and is mounted with foam tape. There is a setting on unit to change to RHD for the door open OSD. Other than that can confirm its plug and play for NZ/AU model IS

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca