IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-20, 03:10 AM
sebaw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DatB0i
  1. OEM Screen works and looks fine. No performance improvements here, it's basically the exact same. 1 bug I've noticed is that we got a new screen on the right side but I don't think the numbers are right. It's in metric and not freedom units lol (even though I went to the android settings and changed it to freedom units). No biggie though since I rarely use the OEM menus now with carplay.

1. Can you set the OEM Lexus system on full screen (screen stretched)? Currently some information on the right.

2. After starting the car, can you have an OEM Lexus screen - without waiting for Android to boot. Can you switch between screens - and save the settings, which screen (OEM or Android) should start when the car starts.

3. What does android boot look like? Is the Lexus logo (looks like OEM)?

And I hope that OEM 360 camera also works.

Thank you.

I have a previous version of the screen (1280x480, 2GB/32GB, Android 5.1), but I wanted to make sure how the new 1920x720 4/64 (Android 7.1?) version works, and the split screen.

I am thinking about upgrading hardware - to the newest version.

My current unit:
If I use the OEM screen - after the next start I also have OEM - full screen. No waiting for Android to start.
If I recently used Android - Android starts the next time I turn on the car. Also launches recently launched apps.

Last edited by sebaw; 05-02-20 at 03:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Rhydg1 (05-02-20)
Old 05-02-20, 03:44 AM
Rhydg1
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts

"
1. Can you set the OEM Lexus system on full screen (screen stretched)? Currently some information on the right.

If I use the OEM screen - after the next start I also have OEM - full screen. No waiting for Android to start."

+1 That is exactly what I would want. There is a YT video of a NX one acting like that.

Old 05-02-20, 03:58 AM
sebaw
Driver

Originally Posted by Rhydg1
"

If I use the OEM screen - after the next start I also have OEM - full screen. No waiting for Android to start."

+1 That is exactly what I would want. There is a YT video of a NX one acting like that.
Yes, but does the second version (better specification, newer Android version) of the unit work the same as the previous one?
Old 05-02-20, 06:24 AM
Soljarag
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sebaw
Yes, but does the second version (better specification, newer Android version) of the unit work the same as the previous one?

Mine doesn't.... Unit takes 35 seconds to boot.. But the backup camera works before that, and if you really need to hear music before 35 seconds just hit the radio button....

I'm not sure what physical button on the Lexus to get it to the Lexus screen.... Maybe you can hit that before the 35 seconds? I've always just hit the AM/Fm icon on the Android side to get to the Lexus side..

Logo boot image is an nice animated Lexus logo
Old 05-02-20, 01:42 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

Installed!

Super easy. Backup camera works! Will post pics and review later
Soljarag (05-02-20)
Old 05-02-20, 04:18 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Went for a drive. Everything seems to work fine except 3 things

1) Stock Android Navi - I enabled sound/notifications but did not get any sound or audio directions. Is there another setting to check? I enabled all sounds in the Navi menu
2) My touchpad mouse doesn't seem to work on Android apps like Google Maps or the stock navigation. This seems common to all of you right? I know some have bought 3rd party mouses to compensate.
3) Glare is really annoying.

Also, my wireless CarPlay dongle works perfectly!

Total install time: 2 hours, 30 mins - took a dump sometime in between

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca-iwedc0u.jpg

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca-1mdyucg.jpg

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca-ftd4jeb.jpg

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca-f17pmr6.jpg

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca-z6lzxca.jpg

Last edited by tnilc; 05-02-20 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-02-20, 05:43 PM
tnilc
Instructor

I installed my GPS antenna here but I think I need to move it. When I first started using it, it cut out and black screen and returned saying "Inaccurate GPS Signal"

The blackout flash only happened when the signal got rough. I did make it out to a decently open road and the "Inaccurate GPS Signal" and blackout flashing stopped. Still trying to figure out how to turn on the audio for the Android Nav App. I think I have to change the Aux but I'm not sure how. Any advice?
Old 05-02-20, 07:40 PM
LFields
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc

1) Stock Android Navi - I enabled sound/notifications but did not get any sound or audio directions. Is there another setting to check? I enabled all sounds in the Navi menu
2) My touchpad mouse doesn't seem to work on Android apps like Google Maps or the stock navigation. This seems common to all of you right? I know some have bought 3rd party mouses to compensate.

Also, my wireless CarPlay dongle works perfectly!

Total install time: 2 hours, 30 mins - took a dump sometime in between

your unit is different to mine. Is yours the 4gb ram 64gb rom version?
Old 05-02-20, 08:25 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by LFields
your unit is different to mine. Is yours the 4gb ram 64gb rom version?
No, I think mine is the 32 rom, hard to tell now because the seller updated the posting and changed some specs lol

How can you tell what's different?
Old 05-02-20, 08:36 PM
LFields
Rookie

No, I think mine is the 32 rom, hard to tell now because the seller updated the posting and changed some specs lol

How can you tell what's different?
Yours has a picture of a car but the one I have (and 4x4shop unit) has a clock on the right. Also you can download an app from playstore that will tell you if you have a 720p HD screen or a 480 screen and also tell you the full real specs of the unit. It was mentioned on here afew pages up
Old 05-02-20, 08:37 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Yours has a picture of a car but the one I have (and 4x4shop unit) has a clock on the right. Also you can download an app from playstore that will tell you if you have a 720p HD screen or a 480 screen.
Oh, I can change that setting to either a clock, the car, gauges I think, climate control.

What's the app called? My system settings also say's it's Android 9.0
Old 05-02-20, 09:41 PM
LFields
Rookie

Oh, I can change that setting to either a clock, the car, gauges I think, climate control.

What's the app called? My system settings also say's it's Android 9.0
The app is called cpu-z and its in the play store. You will know if you have the 720p unit or the 480 using that app.

Also did yours come with a 4g Antenna and sim card slot?
Old 05-02-20, 10:11 PM
tnilc
Instructor

The app is called cpu-z and its in the play store. You will know if you have the 720p unit or the 480 using that app.

Also did yours come with a 4g Antenna and sim card slot?
Yeah but no SIM card slot. Where would it have been?
Old 05-02-20, 10:58 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Does anyone know how to flip the direction of Google Maps?

When I leave it open and drive, the map is oriented downwards so it moves down. I want it to move upward as I’m driving.
Rhydg1 (05-03-20)
Old 05-03-20, 03:13 AM
sebaw
Driver

1. Did you connect the small black speaker that was included in the kit? Check the settings, the default navigation app. When you choose Google Maps for example, you will be able to listen to the radio and have notifications from this app.

2. Yes, the touchpad - doesn't work. They could add a cursor. And it would work as it should.

3. You can buy a matte screen protector - and cut.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca